Child-friendly live action movie?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by ryan.j, Sep 9, 2012.

1. MV95

MV95 @marlinfan1995 Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I highly, highly doubt that.

2. Shepard Prime

Shepard Prime 1st Cybertronian Spectre of the Galactic Council

That's what I thought when I thought,"Hey, let's cut out all but the most essential Zion subplots from The Matrix sequels and splice them together into one movie that's more Neo/Morpheus/Trinity focused" thinking I was going to go in with a sledgehammer and knock out a bunch of fluff. But really, I only gained about 10 minutes at most and ended up more just reshuffling some scenes around to help with the pacing and story structure. It's amazing how much more entertaining something can be when it';s paced right.

If I were to do the same with say DotM (I've thought about it) It'd more be just reshuffling scenes around and trimming down some of the excess military actions and recut the movie where Sam's introduced as already having a job (or at least the interview where gets the job with Malkovich) and meeting Carly and Dylan when he goes to tell her about getting the job. The opening of the movie will be the same except instead of jumping to Sam after the space stuff, it continues to the next time we see the TFs, which is Prime's recap/mission to Russia.

3. Kilowog

Kilowog ORA ORA ORA

Ebay:
    A Transformers movie I can watch with my Transformers loving nephew would be nice. When he walked in on his dad watching Revenge of the Fallen, Alice fucking TERRIFIED him, like crying for days and throwing his toys accross the room out of fear and just generally being fucking scared shitless.

I know he refuses to ever play with movie toys, even if his love of Transformers has grown back due to Rescue Bots and Prime

4. Optimus1138

Optimus1138 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nope. According to TFWiki on the TF urban legends and myths page (too lazy to go cite it), that was actually the film Disturbia, which was another movie staring Shia, and people confused it with the TF movies. Anyway, there's no way the first TF movie could've been rated R, and I don't remember the story involving anything getting cut.

5. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

I really wish they would do this at some point. That's what Transformers 1 was supposed to be. I think I'd prefer a movie where nobody got brutally murdered or anybody made a sexual joke. Transformers is a silly franchise, and it shouldn't take itself too seriously, but when they went overboard with ROTF, it was... bad.

6. ryan.j

ryan.j Well-Known Member

Incidentally guys, Rescue Bots was a great shout - we've watched loads of episodes together over the weekend and the little 'un and I are both very taken with it. He's even coming to terms with the lack of guns/decepticons!

Good shout, and nowhere near as babyish as i was expecting - thank you everybody who suggested it :) 

7. OP84

OP84 Well-Known Member

Since when did Cartoon Network have the first Transformers movie?

8. jazz_123

jazz_123 Banned

Der shud be a rastafarian transformer dat smokes weed now dats child friendly.

9. ryan.j

ryan.j Well-Known Member

Your wish is my command.

[​IMG]
    Rastamouse and TFA Laserbeak.

10. Darkest Wolf

Darkest Wolf Banned

Ebay:
    Hay if you like transformers you should look for more dvds with transformers energon and robots in disguise cybertron they too are on dvds as well. He should keep his eyes on the new transformers movie that is coming out in June of 2014 its called Transformers the rise of galvatron it should be a good movie him too watch as well. I don't know that much this movie but it should be great too watch on threater. Anyway way I also heard that rumor that there will be a 5th movie after this one I don't know yet but there is rumor going on about that 5th movie if I see this 4th movie I will tell anyone about this upcoming movie upcoming rumor is it true or not.

11. The Swordsman

The Swordsman The REAL hero of Hyrule

News Credits:
    A teensy bit off-topic, but if they ever did reboot the Transformers movie series (unlikely because Dark of the Moon broke a billion and from what I've seen Hasbro likes to put quantity over quality, so I doubt they'll want to stop making sequels) and made it more family-friendly, I've always thought that they'd reach a "Damned if you do, damned if you don't" scenario no matter what they decide to do with the levels of mature content. If it's too graphic like Bayverse is then children (the people who the damn toys are aimed at) won't like it, but if it's more family-friendly with less violence and death, then the adult film nerds who go to ANY film expecting The Dark Knight or Saving Private Ryan will moan because it isn't "Mature" enough (It's a waaaarrrrr!!!! Why are the giant alien robots not acting like real human soldiers? I WANT GRITTY REALISM IN MY SCIENCE-FICTION ACTION FILMS THAT ARE BASED ON CHILDREN'S TOYS GOD DAMN IT!!!). It's hard to strike that kind of balance unless you're reeeeaaaaallyyyyy talented.