Chicagoans

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by decepticreep312, Nov 23, 2011.

1. decepticreep312

decepticreep312 Well-Known Member

Any fellow Chicagoans on here? If so, this thread is about your experience of TF3 filming if you got the chance to see it. Also, post some pictures and videos you took if you got any! Tell us if you met any actors, or saw them, and what transformers characters you saw! I saw Ironhide, Ratchet, Bumblebee, Shia LaBeuof, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, Josh Duhamel, and Michael Bay. I also met some army guys and a NEST soldier (the black guy at 0:22 of that video I posted.) I will post pictures from the set!
    Transformers 3 Movie Clip "Lt. Colonel William Lennox" Official (HD) - YouTube

2. Starscreamownz

Starscreamownz Air Commander

News Credits:
    Lol I envy you Chicago....ites?......Ians? I was trying to get down there in time to see the filming but never got the chance.

3. Dinodigger97

Dinodigger97 germinates within you.

News Credits:
    It would of been fun to meet Cloverjolt.:) 

4. decepticreep312

Lol, too bad they didn't have an actual vehicle prop of him. He's just CGI.

5. Dinodigger97

Dinodigger97 germinates within you.

News Credits:
    I know that......:) 

6. decepticreep312

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Btw Ironhide's license plate says, "NEST: If I told you, I would have to kill you." with a picture of a skull.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Strange armband thing that the soldier was wearing. Sorry about the blur. It showed a diagram of Movie 1 Megatron and had a labels pointing to specific parts of his body. As you can see it is labeled: "KILL SHOT." HAve no idea what it is for though, but it was interesting.
    [​IMG]
    Here we are inside the set. You can see the pillar control tower in the background, and lots of rubble.
    More pics later! Also I forgot to tell you all, my dad was friends with the owner of a popular restaraunt that Michael Bay and the actors were filming at and also eating meals there, so me and him got special access into the set so we were eating pizza with the NEST soldiers and other guests, it was awesome! Don't worry Michael Bay ordered him a new set of furniture since he blew up most of them. :bay 

7. decepticreep312

[​IMG]
    Josh Duhamel! He is the guy in the very middle of the picture.
    [​IMG]
    The NEST soldiers are running shooting up at something. I think maybe Sentinel, because the fight scene with Optimus and Sentinel had Hotel 71 in the background, which is the building I was watching this from.
    [​IMG]
    Outside on the set, there is fake rubble with pyrotechnic tools and stuff. The smoke is from a recent Baysplosion obviously.

8. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    My school's music teacher was in Chicago last summer (2010) scouting for the 2011 school band trip and was caught up in all that.

Seriously i wish i could have been their on the filming. *even though i dislike DOTM as a movie*

9. Shelbo

Shelbo Hur hur

[​IMG]

I know a girl who got to go to Chicago when they were filming. She has tons of pictures up on her Facebook.

10. Fifam94

Fifam94 GO AIR FORCE

Oh how I envy you. I would give my my girlfriend, and my left nut to see them film :,(

11. Hoptimus

Hoptimus How I roll.

I was an extra in the scenes where Sam, Epps, and their buddies arrive in Chciago, driving through the piles of wrecked cars and the streaming masses of refugees.

It was quite awesome- for about 4-5 takes, I was a couple feet from Optimus, the Wreckers, Dino, Sideswipe, and Ratchet as they sped into the city. Those machines are freakin' gorgeous. I'm trying to confirm this now, but I think I can be seen running behind Epp's Chevelle as Sam turns his head toward the camera mounted to the car, my sleeves are rolled up, dark blue/purplish shirt and dark gray pants.

I don't think I can say much more than that, already got bitten for posting too much last summer. :eek:  Dumbass. :dunce 

12. decepticreep312

Awesome!!! I will look out for you next time I watch DOTM!