Chicago filming question

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Jimmy88, Jul 30, 2010.

1. Jimmy88

Jimmy88 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hi guys its Jimmy, I had a question. Does anyone know where they are going to be this weekend because this whole Art Institute Mil. Park Busway shoot completely caught me off guard, according to what I heard a while back they were still going to be in the neighborhood of Wacker......

[​IMG]

2. marshall dusty

marshall dusty Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    that's what i heard. i'd like to know too where they will be showing. wacker might be the spot again...

3. zztopeurope

zztopeurope Active Member

They are back on Wacker, Wacker and Wabash will be closed from 5:00 tonight until Monday morning.

4. Jimmy88

News Credits:
    Really for certain????!!!! Thats what I thought, Thanks a bunch man I just wanna make sure...

5. uruseiranma

uruseiranma Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was going through the Wacker Dr area by bus yesterday and was rather surprised to not find any debris or items save for that little area between the two building still holding debris.

On Wed evening, I followed some 'E7' signs to a park in Lake Shore East, where they were scattering debris and had some NEST agents suiting up.

By the looks of that, they were going to be the scenes after the NEST agents parachuted down into the park. There was twisted metal and debris, as well as a simulated hole that looked like something had burst out of the ground.

The word was they were prepping it in case they finished early at the other location, but just as the NEST guys had gotten into their suits and were getting their firearms...they got the word to call it off. My guess is they shot those scenes on that Thursday.

My co-worker has been wondering if they are even going to play with real geography in Chicago, or if it may be like most films where you turn down Michigan Ave and suddenly you're in the financial area.

6. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Old

News Credits:
    I am really interested in how they set up camp. Do they start arranging the set at 5:00, for a possible shoot tonight, or is this for tomorrow?

7. zztopeurope

I don't know if they are also in Lakeshore East this weekend, but they are on Wabash and Wacker right now (Saturday afternoon).

Later this week they are shutting down Van Buren between Canal and Wacker, Monday through Wednesday...this is right near the old Post Office, where Dark Knight also filmed, so I guess they are doing those scenes this week. There is a bridge over the river there so maybe some water stuff as well?

8. Jimmy88

News Credits:
    They are there right now, do you know whats there???? would you think that they would be there tomorrow morning?????

9. zztopeurope

I did not see any vehicles but who knows what they will bring in over the course of the day. Right now they are filming on Wabash between Lake and Wacker but they have debris all along Wacker as well. So it looks like they have enough to keep them occuppied for the whole weekend but you never know.