Chicago and New York tragedy. (Transformers Universe)

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Bluebe6, Jun 5, 2012.

1. Bluebe6

Bluebe6 Banned

News Credits:
    Movie wise (In the movie universe) Do you think what happened in Chicago was considered worst than what happened in NYC. Again, this is in the movie universe. I mean a good percentage of Chicago was destroyed.

Here's Chicago
    [​IMG]

I'm not posting a picture of NYC, you know what happened. So do you think that day was considered a tragedy like 9-11 was?

2. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    This could very easily end up getting out of hand. I'm not saying it will, but we're treading on uneasy ground here with a sensitive topic. Just a heads-up. :) 

3. megatronski

megatronski Primaris

News Credits:
    This is a topic that could get out of hand realllly fast.

4. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    It's a tossup, since the one was an alien invasion by known outside forces bent on conquest through legitimate military force, whereas the other was an act of terrorism by our own species. It would probably be viewed on the same scale, at least.

5. Grimmjow

Grimmjow Blastcage

Say it had actually happened, the events in Chicago would be considered far worse due to the extent of the destruction, the - presumably - higher loss of life, & the fact that the whole world was on the verge of being destroyed by extraterrestrial terrorists.

6. Autobus Prime

Autobus Prime Transit Former

Folks:

Note: If, as I'm assuming, we're comparing to the real-life WTC attacks, do we actually know that they happened in the Transformers movie universe?

7. Shepard Prime

Shepard Prime autobot

I think it's safe to say they did given that across the three movies both Bush and Obama has been mentioned among other topics. It wouldn't make much sense to have real world presidents but not real world events.

That said, I think the Chicago massacre was much worse than the WTC attacks, simply because of the scale of the destruction and loss of life was much higher. Plus, since there were decepticons in other countries raising the pillars into the sky, it's safe to say there was damage there as well.

Although, I'd say the WTC attacks are worst because of the mindset behind the attacks was pure apathy for a way of life and wanted that way of life squashed. With the cons, the attack was a clearing out of any opposing forces as they set up shop in CHicago. Once they were set up, there wasn't much more slaughter except when they were defending their area.

8. eagc7

eagc7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    The films had lots of the events that happened in Real life, like examplethe Apollo 11, plus 9/11 was mentioned during the cons invasion in ROTF

so it happened

9. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Chicago would be much worse. Instead of two buildings, the entire city was destroyed & we saw how the Decepticons were taking out people.

10. LightningBlade3

LightningBlade3 Destined to be a Prime

News Credits:
    If you listen to the radio in ROTF, you would hear that the attacks the Decepticons made were either at the same level or higher than 911. I know it's ROTF and not DOTM, but if a few Decepticons hitting an aircraft carrier is at the same scale as 911, how much more is an entire army invading a city???

11. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:

Uh, no. The Decepticons are (on paper) leagues above terrorists. Terrorists so far as I've oberserved in news reports are hit and run, guerilla and insurgency or in the case of some, suicidal attacks.

The Decepticons brought warships, fighter squadrons and legions of easily identifiable ground troops. They didn't come to impose religion, government or even just take shit. They were going for conquest and after we'd fulfilled our usefulness....well, what would happen would probably make 'ethnic cleansing' look like a joke.

12. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Nah.

13. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

I thought you were comparing DOTM to the NYC attack in All Hail Megatron............

14. Hoptimus

Hoptimus How I roll.

You are correct sir.

15. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

This thread needs to be locked.

16. Grimmjow

Grimmjow Blastcage

They would still be considered terrorists...just a different species of them. What else do you want to call them? Criminals? Villains? Death-dealers? I can't think of much else that would be fitting descriptions for them.

17. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    An invading army. Terrorists don't typically come with heavy air support unless you're playing Call of Duty.

18. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    An invasion. Terrorists inflict damage as a deliberately destabilizing act for political gain, the Decepticons were a legitimate army of conquest and enslavement. They planned on sticking around and spreading their sphere of influence far beyond Chicago.

19. Chopperface

Chopperface Holtzmanned

News Credits:
    I myself am feeling offended by Bluebe's comparison between a national tragedy and a fictional event.

20. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    I think he's speaking within the context of the films, since the Sept. 11 event did occur in the TF universe, he's wondering if the two of them would be comparable.