Chevy Stingray makes it in, but Dodge Challenger doesn't - opinions?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Ops_was_a_truck, Jun 16, 2009.

1. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    So, when ROTF was going to production, I think it was already pretty well known that the Dodge Challenger was going to be a mass-produced vehicle. I'm not sure when the decision was made to scrap mass production of the Stingray, (or if there was ever any possibility of that happening anyway,) but, as we now well know, one made it into the movie as a Transformer and one didn't.

Who, do you think, was the deciding factor here? Do you think GM advocated for use of the Stingray? Was the Dodge Challenger ever in the running vs. the Stingray as a contender for Sideswipe? Do you think Dodge decided NOT to put the Challenger in the TF film for any reasons?

My opinion: The original reason I thought of this is because it seemed like kind of a moot point to "advertise" a non-production car. Like I posted about 10 posts below this, I had no clue Dodge wasn't a GM brand, so I thought it was silly that they had decided not to use the Challenger. But hey! They're different car companies, so the decision would have totally rested in the hands of the film staff (and, obviously, Dodge/Chrysler/Fiat.)

Last edited: Jun 16, 2009
  2. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    Stingray looks cooler, anyways.

But if Wheeljack is considered for the 3rd movie, I think the Challenger would fit.

3. Nightwing24

Nightwing24 00 Agent

News Credits:
    Bay liked the Stingray better and they have a deal with GM so... yeah besides imao the challanger is a chubby gas gusseling pos.

4. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I remember Bay saying that he saw some drawings of the Stingray concept, and absolutely wanting it in the movie no matter what. I'm not sure if the Challenger was ever considered or not. Though I agree with Opticron Primal that it should be used for Wheeljack if he's ever put into one of the movies. Also, RotF was actually the reason that they actually made a working model of the Stingray (a couple to be exact). As far as I know, they didn't have any plans on taking it beyond the concept drawings.

5. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Dodge didn't want anything to do with the movies, and GM still had the contract.

I'd much rather have the pure-sex Stingry than the chubby Challenger anyday, anyway.

6. Ironhide546

Ironhide546 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The challenger is cool but I always mistake it for the Camaro so maybe that's why

7. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Logic has been replaced with blind ignorance.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    GM has nothing to do with the Challenger. Chrysler wanted nothing to do with either movie.

8. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    Theres alot of other car company I wouldve liked to have been involved with the movie, but GM was the one that made a contract with them and thats how its gonna be.

9. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    man the OP fails on so many levels. GM does not own Dodge, Chrysler does and both are now owned by Fiat and the US gov (tho they will sell off their share in time).

any ways the sting ray has more of a WOW factor while the Challenger while cool just does not stick out as much

10. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    Thanks for the attitude, tough stuff. You sure showed me!

Didn't know that. I thought Dodge fell under the GM umbrella. Now I know! :thumbs2: 

11. jadtdt

jadtdt Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just saying, but that seems like the kind of thing you might want to put some research into before starting a thread.

12. StarSaber79

StarSaber79 Banned

News Credits:
    Because the Corvette is much better!

13. Pikatron

Pikatron Well-Known Member

It'd be nice to see the Challenger as a TF. Maybe in the next movie? The series could use a nice bullish muscle car.

14. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    I'd rather have the Bee Camaro than a Challenger anyway.

15. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    I think with GM and Chrysler being under different management systems, TF3 might have a chance of seeing vehicles from other car companies.

16. Optimatron

Optimatron Autobot

Consdering the Challenger is made by Chrysler who doesn't have a deal with paramount for exclusivety, and GM, the maker of the Stingray, does, and not to mention they are not the same company...I don't think your "deciding factor" was ever a "factor" at all.

17. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    That is flawed though.

Not only GM made vehicles for TF1

We got a Saleen Mustang(Ford) after all in TF1.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2009
  18. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Man he does but succeeds on like ten thousand other levels that are much more important but its cool that you know stuff about what the government will do its like do you work for them?

Also man I love the Challenger and I want one so bad but its not like I can afford it at all I bet it costs alot.

Man youre right cause posting threads that arent one hundred percent accurate really brings down the whole site I mean theres only room for so many threads we should only have the good ones right? :thumb 

19. jadtdt

jadtdt Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    True, but the thread creator was asking in a way that made it obvious he was wondering why one GM car was chosen over the other.

Uh, dude. It's not about "bringing down the whole site" or anything, I just brought this up to point out that all the criticism being pointed towards the thread-creator could have been prevented ahead of time through his actions. Please, I'm not trying to start anything or flame anyone.

20. cheetorBWORG

cheetorBWORG Cheetor Fan

News Credits:
    WTF!? Dodge isn't a GM brand!