Chevy Aveo Swerve... in Toronto!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Nevermore, Jun 19, 2009.

1. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    For those who don't know about this crazy toy, read it up here on the Transformers Wiki. Basically, he was available via the Chevy online store last year, with an ultra-hefty fee for non-European buyers, and before that, he might have been available as a promo piece in China.

Now he's being offered as a contest prize in Canada.
    http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=16536

2. Metal Chaos

Metal Chaos The Spark of Chaos

News Credits:
    wow. I wonder if someone could pick me up one.

3. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Damn. Hopefully someday he'll swerve right into my collection.

I know he'll never come to the U.S. :( 

4. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha Well-Known Member

Sigh... I still regret missing out on this toy when its prices were lower. Now they have gone back into the "not quite worth it" range, I find myself wanting the figure simply for its bizarre exclusivity and weird origin.

So, hey, uh..... if any of you lucky Canadians get one and want to trade it for a Botcon 2009 box-set figure or two, let me know! ;) 

5. ronin0510

ronin0510 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    yeah you guys up north ought to hook us southerners up.....that looks awesome but damn thats waaay exclusive.

6. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    Well, looks like Hasbro remembered they actually have this mold. And boy do I want him, simply because he's so strange and hard to get mainly, although he appears to be a decent toy on his own.

7. VictoryLeo19

VictoryLeo19 Well-Known Member

i remember thinking this guy was totally stupid looking and i even had one in my basket ready to buy....now i wish i wasn't the stupid one :( 

8. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    Picked this up the other day, they were giving these away for free at a GM promo event at Square One in Mississauga, all you had to do was fill out a quick survey. FYI though they were only giving away like 35 or so out per day for the whole weekend (Thursday through Sunday) so the likelihood of seeing very many of these get out from this event is very small.

9. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

And according to Cybertron.ca member who claims to work for GM these have been sitting in a wearhouse gathering dust for a year or more.

10. ThinkTank Customs

ThinkTank Customs TFW2005-Citizen

News Credits:
    i've boght him in switzerland last yeah twice for 14 euros each ^^

11. Metal Chaos

Metal Chaos The Spark of Chaos

News Credits:
    i still want one.

12. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Hasbro doesn't own the toy. GM paid for its development, and it's only put into use when GM allow Hasbro to.

13. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    True story:

Last year, I received a note on the door that the postman tried to deliver a package but since it required a signature, I had to pick it up at the post office.

I went, and signed for my package, and I opened it up. To my surprise, it contained the Chevy Aveo toy.

At that time, I don't even think I knew what it was, much less why I received one in the mail from Hong Kong from someone I had never done business with before. I googled the toy, then looked at them on ebay, and much to my surprise, they were going for often times over $100. I was aghast.

My first reaction was, "oh no, I bought something on ebay, and they sent me the wrong item." But my fears subsided after everything I bought on ebay arrived just fine.

I waited about 2-3 months for someone to contact me that they had sent the wrong item. I even searched completed ebay auctions for one that ended right before mine wa shipped, and nothing.

I eventually sold it to someone for about $100. I assumed that someone I dealt with on ebay at one point got an address mixed up or something. Freebee for me.

14. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    nice man...i want one of those molds...the movie line would be a great place to release it as an exclusive like the walmart first movie toys...but hopefully GM realizes that

15. ngandy1000

ngandy1000 New Member

drove from cleveland to toronto with parents and wife to pick up some Swerves at Sherway Gardens and watch ROTF on IMAX. awesome holiday vacation. my brother and his wife went to sherway the day before around 2pm and they were all gone for the day. i got there before 12 and they still had some left. so if you're looking for them, get there early. the transformation is well done and different from any other transformer i've seen. i was half excpecting it to be a remold of an older toy, but they really went all out for this exclusive. The articulation for the robot mode is everything i expected from a modern toy. the neck is ball and socket except that it has a collar around it to restrict its rotation. it can't move around much, but it looks like it has an actual neck makes it look extra nice. if you can make it to toronto this month to pick it up, it is definitely worth the trip to pick up this exclusive that is unlike any other transformer available.

16. chuckcjc

chuckcjc Wheeljack Engineer Corp.

News Credits:
    I agree, this Transformer is very special, and to have such detailed design work go into a "one off" is very interesting.