Chevrolet Swerve now shipping.

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by zenith, Mar 31, 2008.

1. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    I'm hoping this happens. The people buying them now, for all that money, will still have their exclusive, licensed versions, so it's not like they're getting snubbed entirely.

2. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Who's paying who licensing fees now??

3. Scourge_151

Scourge_151 Never gargle the rum. TFW2005 Supporter

I'd check whether mine's gone or not but their site isn't working @the mo

4. influence82

influence82 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Work around it, find a way

Many people who already have this toy would not be very happy if this exclusive toy was available in the mass market in the U.S. Yes, I admit, I am one of them. It is kind of like those who bought a Takara Lawson Blackout later see Premium Blackout hit the shelves in the stores (They are virtually the same. Here is proof) . The toy market, like the stock market, is very unpredictable. Some pay a premium price to obtain the toy sooner even though later, the price would drop because the availability increases or demand decreases (This is apparent for those who now have Transformers Animated figures).
    I know I am being selfish and sometimes it is for the good of the hobby that the love should be shared. However, whatever I think will not make a difference in the overall picture. The point is, we have no control over many factors in the toy industry. We cannot decide whether a certain figure will be available in our country or not. We are just consuming the consequences of the decisions of the higher powers (in this case, Hasbro Executives). All we can do is work hard and hope for the best, which is what this forum is for.
    You can see my Universe Swerve vs. Movie Swindle pictures here.
    For those who want it from the UK, perhaps we could ask our allies in the UK to order one for us Americans...

5. zenith

zenith Active Member

News Credits:
    Well after examining swerve a bit more I've noticed his head is actually the autobot symbol. I'll post pics to support my claim in a while. I know it looks like he has a wide visor, but thats just the ways that part or his head is moulded from translucent plastic. A close look shows there are etching for individual eyes, a dobble of red paint in the nose area an voila.. autobot logo.

Zenith.

6. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So I'm not the only one that noticed this then. *phew*

7. Devastattor

Devastattor Well-Known Member

You know, considering he's based around a relatively mediocre car, he's not too bad. I really like his overall design.

8. zenith

zenith Active Member

News Credits:
    Heres the pic to show his head is based of the autobot symbol. They've changed the "H" part but the rest is just 100% logo.

Second image has the glass on the nose painted, final image has overlays to emphasise the shape.

Zenith
    [​IMG]

9. Rodr-Evil

Rodr-Evil Anubicron TFW2005 Supporter

I like it, very nice!

10. Jaguaratron

Jaguaratron Well-Known Member

Just got my two, very well designed and engineered, the design should be remolded for classics 2.0

11. airfox

airfox TF: Cybertronian Wars!

News Credits:
    This pic should be stickied (sp?) somewhere so people can see just how different that mold is when compared to Swindle.

Heck! G1 Cliffjumper is closer to G1 Bumblebee than Universe Swerve to Movie Swindle. :) 

--

Sadly I missed the boat on ordering this. Was contacting a friend on France to ask for his address in order to avoid the $50 processing fee when the toy was removed from the site. Hopefully some of the dealers at Botcon will have the toy for sale.

-airfox

12. Mr Ray

Mr Ray Well-Known Member

with this being hard to get, will the figure be considered as a rare collectors item and be worth a gazillion green paper money in the future?

Think ive order two of these guys by accident....

13. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

Y'know... I remember back when they were doing the concept work for Galaxy Force/Cybertron, there were some sketches for Vector Prime with a different head design... one based on the Autobot symbol.

I wonder if Hasbro just recycled some of those sketches as the basis for the Aveo head?

zmog

14. madman1366

madman1366 "The Bad Guy"

News Credits:

Man, all I can say is that's getting ass raped!

I mean, we're talking about an item that will surely be very cheaply packed and will probably weigh well under 1 lb. put on a plane or boat that's already coming here (it's not like we're paying for it's own seat on a plane or anything) and it's gonna be chucked in a mail bag with a ton of other crap.

Now I would expect to pay more for the international shipping but this is just insane!

It could be a moot point though seeing that nobody from the U.S. has been charged or anything yet. We don't even know if anyone here will ever get them or not.

How is it that I've emailed them several times already with no response but other people seem to have gotten responses from them? Weird!

And, of the people who have successfully contacted them, has anyone asked if or when they may expect their orders to process and ship? That might good info to know.

15. BigPhill

BigPhill Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Mine came in a box with no other packaging. Literally just loose in a box that was way too big for them.

Also Chevrolet use UPS for shipping, which probably explains the high S&H prices.

16. Jaguaratron

Jaguaratron Well-Known Member

Mine came in a brochure box (a flat magazine box) that was kind of crumpled up around them lol, wasnt impressive.

17. Automaster

Automaster Eye Heart TF's!!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm a US buyer, haven't heard from or gotten my Swerve yet. Has everyone from the UK who ordered gotten theirs yet? Has anybody from other countries gotten their order yet? Frustrating not knowing anything.

18. Optimus Scourge

Optimus Scourge Arcee's boy toy Veteran

News Credits:
  19. Automaster

Automaster Eye Heart TF's!!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks OS. Yeah I read through that thread. I wondered if all the UK guys who ordered got theirs. Also if any other countries besides the UK have. I can't wait to get this guy, but I'm getting tired of waiting for my checking account to take the hit. If people from other countries or the US started receiving them, then I'd have some hope.:p 

20. Basketball Jones

Basketball Jones Decepticon

It's nice that the British get an exclusive every so often, although a repaint into Skids with a new head would be welcomed in Universe 2.