Cheetor for Sale at Botcon, Ramjet wont

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Mooon, May 28, 2011.

1. Mooon

Mooon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just got an email from the Club concerning TFCC Cheetor and Ramjet being sold at the con.

"For those of you who purchased Ramjet and Cheetor we want to let you know that these will ship AFTER BotCon. Since so many of you are traveling this next week, we didn't want them showing up at your house while you were gone.

We will have the remaining Cheetors at BotCon for sale in case you want to get an extra one at the show. You cannot pick-up your pre-order at BotCon for these items as we won't have a way to know who bought what, and we will not have the Ramjets there.

See you next week in Pasadeana!

Brian"

• News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. Jonathan

Jonathan Wait til u c my alt mode

Now THAT is a great exclusive.

3. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Rebuilding Veteran

News Credits:
    Originally: Huntington Beach, CA, Now: Cincinnati
    The no Ramjet thing sucks, I was hoping to pick one up there. Cheetor I have zero interest in, and as they have more of him and no Ramjets others feel the same.

4. tehKOREANdude

tehKOREANdude inimitable, original

News Credits:
    news is movign slow today. didn't we get a notification of this earlier, or did we just assume this, since sideburn was confirmed shipping after botcon?

5. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    How on earth could you have hoped to pick up Ramjet at BotCon? We've known that Ramjet was sold out ages ago (24 hours since pre-orders opened up). The only reason there are Cheetors available is that they didn't sell out yet. (Actually, re: the "more of him" comment, I don't even know where that's from, since no numbers have been released yet. For all we know, they made the same numbers for each, or actually made fewer Cheetors than Ramjets. All we know is that Ramjet was popular enough to sell out more quickly)

6. G.B. Blackrock

News Credits:
    We were told some time back that pre-orders would likely ship after BotCon. The big "new" thing is that non-pre-ordered Cheetors can actually be picked up at the convention. This is a first for TF Club exclusives, to have a club exclusive able to purchase even before pre-orders have been shipped off yet.

7. x BlackMagnus x

x BlackMagnus x Is not impressed

News Credits:
    Multiquote yo?

I do remember, I believe, something being said that the production numbers were higher, if slighty, on Cheetor then on Ramjet. But you are right too about him being not so popular. That was said right from the beginning. He should have been the attendee exclusive for Botcon and a different slot for the TFCC exclusive filled with maybe your favorite seeker.;) 

8. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Rebuilding Veteran

News Credits:
    Originally: Huntington Beach, CA, Now: Cincinnati
    Didn't keep track. I'm not bent out of shape over it, I just didn't pay attention is all. Just shows that they underestimated the desire for this and overestimated the desire for Cheetor. I meant more as in customer demand assuming that they were made in simular numbers.

9. xanthax

xanthax choppaface

News Credits:
    Awesome! I'm looking forward to getting my exclusives.

10. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    I have a pretty decent suspicion that Cheetor will sell out at the convention once people read the comic.

11. pokemontrainer1

pokemontrainer1 Well-Known Member

looks cool, but its like the exact same thing as blurr just with a different head and paint.

12. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Reason Has No Voice

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm sure some will buy it once they see it in person and others will buy it simply because it's close to a sellout and, assuming the convention exclusives sell out, it will be one of only a few exclusives available at the Club Store. I can't wait to receive my Stunticons, Ramjet and Side Burn.

13. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    This is really irritating, to be honest. I had to pay a cretinous amount in shipping for these figures, and I could have picked up one of them at Botcon.
    Oh, except, I can't because
    Except of course that I preregistered for Botcon using the same details I preordered Cheetor and Ramjet with, thus making it stupidly easy for them to find my details, see that I bought them, and give me the Cheetor I've already bought and paid for there and then.

Instead of that, I have to wait until God knows how long after US members have gotten theirs, and pay a fuckton in shipping for the privilege.
    YAY.

14. Omegax80

Omegax80 Using a Positive Rifle

News Credits:
    According to club store, there are only 16 Cheetors left...

15. Quicky

Quicky TRANSFORM and ROLL OUT!!!

Ebay:
    It would be nice to have the option of either picking it up in person at Botcon or have it delivered. I guess the club doesn't want to be bothered with it too much. Since I'm going to the con as well, I'd pick mine up so I can deal with QC issues then and there instead of hoping and crossing my fingers I get good ones in the mail.

16. G.B. Blackrock

News Credits:
    Do you mean, using the old "drop a lot in your cart and see what happens" trick?

If so, I wouldn't put too much stock in that number right at the moment, since it's not improbable that they left only that number available for online orders while they try to sell them at BotCon (which I doubt they've linked in real time to their computer system).

17. Omegax80

Omegax80 Using a Positive Rifle

News Credits:
    Why yes, that is the exact trick I used. I figure there has to be some accuracy to it. Unless there are more at the con, and 16 were left for online sales only.

18. Dr. Grimlockisking

Dr. Grimlockisking Twitter @GrimlockIsKing TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Made me bite the bullet and buy one this AM

19. G.B. Blackrock

News Credits:
    That's exactly what I'm presupposing.

20. destrongerlupus

destrongerlupus #MoreSawBoss

News Credits:
    The issue is not that they can't cross-reference whether you PRE-ORDERED one or not, the problem, is that it would be too logistically difficult to be "crossing off" the pre-orders from the master-list as they're selling stuff.

Those lines are feeding frenzies, and they ALREADY have to deal with the pre-reg packs that they have to hand out, and they usually have 3 or 4 lines going at once (at first anyway). It'd be way too easy in that chaos to give out a "pre-ordered" figure 2 or 3 times to the same guy (if the guy was a greedy jerk).

AND, they'd have to un-box and return to inventory anything that got picked-up prior to pushing the big red "SHIP" button on the stuff that's (in all likelihood) staged and ready to be shipped back at the office, further delaying fulfillment for everyone else.

COULD they do it? Sure. Is it really reasonable to expect them to add that logistical burden to them when they're already doing SO MUCH to manage this beast of a con?

Nope.

D/L