CHECK OUT MY BAND!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jokerswild, Mar 4, 2007.

1. jokerswild

jokerswild Voice of Ashes

Hey everyone my band ASHES.ARE.NUTRITIOUS has released its 2nd record - our 1st full legnth album! we recorded it with Billy and Danny from BIOHAZARD so it was a real experience.. our sound is pretty different so check it out!!

WWW.MYSPACE.COM/ASHESARENUTRITIOUS

any feedback would be much appreciated!

our cd's are for sale on the internet @ cd baby.com as well as ITUNES music
    and if you live in jersey @ jacks music and vintage vinyl...

when I get my digital camera fixed i'll post some pix of the studio we have a giant unicron cardboard cutout chillin on the wall next to our vintage dawn of the dead poster.

thanks everyone for the support

2. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Of the songs you have up there I liked The Wish the best. But for the most part it’s not my style. No offence intended, just doesn’t grab me.

3. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Some kickass stuff you've got there. Nice job.

4. Blunticon

Blunticon The Oddjob

Very nice recording ya got there. My band is recording as I type this message. We are trying to finish our album. Unique sound as well.

5. Death333

Death333 Otherwise known as Dx3

News Credits:
    My honest critique from a musicians standpoint:

Genocide: I'm not too big on the verses. The chaotic music is good but the vocal style leaves something to be desired in that part. It comes across as really flat and especially compared to the melodic chorus/bridge and the outro. But I like the rest of the song.

The Wish: Pretty progrock in style. I was taken by suprise by the song just dropping off less than a minute in. The beginning was really good. The remaining song is also good but the song as a whole is a bit.......sort of a let down. It returns to the kickass beginning but it just feels too late and not long enough when it does come back. I really wanted and expected to hear more of what started the song off.

That; all I really have time to listen to, sorry.

6. jokerswild

Hey guys thanks for the replies its frickin awsome!

And thanks for the critiques as well i know playing the style we play we're not going to win the world over! lol so its cool that everyone had something to say..

Blunticon congrats on recording its an amazing experience i actually have video footage of our sessions so its a great memory! who and where are you recording??

and death thanks for your critiques as well, i checked out your myspace when we were doing some buisness together and i really enjoyed your song critical regression it just stuck with me.. granted its not my style but a really good song none the less

so thank you guys thanks very much

Bill

7. Death333

Death333 Otherwise known as Dx3

News Credits:
    Yeah, you can't please everyone so all we can really do as musicians is please ourselves. :) 

Wow, thanks man. If you guys ever make it to Cinci you should hit me up. I'll grab the band and come down and see ya.

8. jokerswild

hey death i totally agree if u arent doing it for the love of it then dont do it at all ya know?
    thanks alot by the way that means alot.. the respect .. its real cool

i dont know if we'll be making it out there too soon, we're trying to get a booking agent @ the moment so we dont have any ways of contacting and booking shows out there

but i'll let u know