Cheapest Figures out there?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Tyjos, Jan 18, 2009.

1. Tyjos

Tyjos Just another Collector

Well Aside from KO's I wonder... due to weather a character is just unpopular or the toy itself sucks....what's the cheapest character you can get [I'm talking for less than $2]

I've recently gotten a few dozen bots off ebay for 99 cents and just am wondering how lucky I can get finding G1 bots for cheap even if they are incomplete.

Mainly wondering what G1 Figures you can still find just dirt cheap [Characters]

2. Lunar Archivist

Lunar Archivist Well-Known Member

I'm no expert, but I think it's highly unlikely you'll score ANY early G1 Transformers in anything remotely close to presentable condition for 99 cents. The only way you'd come close to that is if either a respectable eBay seller who isn't known for offering Transformers or a newcomer who's yet to make a reputation for himself puts up a bunch of 99 cent auctions or lists a massive lot with a ridiculously low starting bid. In both those cases, there's a decent chance that their listings may easily get overlooked or ignored and you'll make a killing, with the overall price averaging out to 99 cents.

I've gotten lucky on a few occasions, though, so maybe you will as well. :) 

3. Tyjos

Tyjos Just another Collector

I've been extremly lucky [My Luckiest 99 cent grab up so far has been a COMPLETE energon Starscream]

I've so far gotten 3 G1 Transformers but I think all were incomplete at some point. I did find a G1 Kup at Goodwill [He was missing just his gun] for 99 cents too. I managed to get: Insecticon Kickback-Missing his guns and his antennas were broken, Blurr missing his shield, and a Seaspsray for 99 cents.

In fact when I got Energon Starscream I got about 15 Other Transformers from that same seller all were about 99 cents [except like 3 or 4 that were $2 or $3 each]

I guess it just must be how lucky you are, I have a habit of searching for 99 cent stuff on ebay and placing bids on stuff at the last minute and usually getting them at that price.

And yeah there are also those noob sellers who don't know what they have that you can easilly score those figures cheap and the ones listed at odd times like those listed at 1am or 4am or something like that.