Customs: Cheap way to remove pins.

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Lt. Faceless, Jul 2, 2011.

1. Lt. Faceless

Lt. Faceless I'm a puppet

Like the title says,i need one.I've started taking apart Skyhammer to repaint into Vortex and his ligs have me for a lose.I can't paint them as is without making a mess of it.Would a small nail and hammer work?I don't have a means or way to get a pin remover kit right now.Thanks for any help.

2. azdragon58

azdragon58 Well-Known Member

Thats how I remove the pins, for the figures I work on... One other thing I do is I use a kneaded eraser, to help by lifting it a bit and cushion the piece I am working on... The other thing I like about it, it helps with holding the piece in place... This way it doesnt roll all over the placd when you usecthe hammer and pin...

3. Lt. Faceless

Awsome dude.Worked like a charm and the eraser tricked worked out too.When i put the pins back,should i put a spot of glue on the jagged end to make sure it stays? or will they stay once you put them back in?

4. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:
    Great idea! I've also been able to remove pins with a nail and pliers. One time I was able to do it with just a screwdriver...

As long as the jagged edge is there it should stay. I've never had to use glue, but if they don't stay it would be worth a shot.

5. Lt. Faceless

I've used a screwdriver on some,but it was to big(thats what she said) to push these out.So far,i've been lucky and pushed the rightside(jagged out first).From what i can tell,the jagged side sits flush with the part and the non-jagged one has a small recess to it.

6. azdragon58

azdragon58 Well-Known Member

Glad to hear it worked for you... Just like hthrun said, I never had to use any type of glue once I replaced the pin...