Customs: Cheap, portable 3d resin printer on kickstarter

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by durroth, Oct 20, 2017.

1. durroth

durroth Maximal

T3D - The World's First Mobile Multifunction 3D Printer

Just found this on kickstarter. It's only got 8 days left, but it's definitely the most cost effective 3d resin printer I've ever come across and seems like the perfect size for prototyping custom parts. I'm not affiliated with the project or its makers in anyway, but they're funded and they've reached one stretch goal (additional resin in black) with 8 days to go. Just wanted to put it out there since I think a lot of us would love a 3d printer to prototype parts and are mainly put off by the 3000$ price tags.

• Like Like x 1
  2. NOCV

NOCV Cretin of Kaon

News Credits:
    I want to get one but are there more videos demonstrating it? The promo one cuts around a lot.

3. durroth

durroth Maximal

4. theosteve

theosteve Well-Known Member

FWIW, if you want a SLA printer option without the risk of a kickstarter (there have been many Kickstarter campaigns for various kinds of 3d printers that looked sensational and were wildly successful in the fundraising, but ultimately failed to adequately deliver), the Wanhao Duplicator 7 is a proven product from a company with a good track record. It retails in the 400-500 USD range, so it’s very affordable (relative to most SLA printers currently on the market). Max print size is only a few inches cubed, but that should be perfectly adequate for custom parts for transformers. I’m hoping to get one soon.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Rodentus prime

Rodentus prime Old Git

News Credits:
    There's this one for $100 that is *supposed* to be ready soon - that said it's been so delayed so far it's a bit of a running joke...
    Ono Website.

To be honest I'd stay well away from kickstarter printers - there are several available from reputable companies - also resin printers are messy - the resin tends to be quite toxic and expensive and takes a long time to 'cure' after printing. I prefer regular FDM (filament based) printers.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2017
  6. durroth

durroth Maximal

I don't like the resolution of filament based printers. I figured I'd just put it out there as something to watch. I'm hopeful for this one because it's being made in partnership with XYZ Printing. Without the backing of an already reputable company I'd be more skeptical.

7. theosteve

theosteve Well-Known Member

Yeah, that Ono looks fantastic, but appears to be yet another kickstarter 3d Pinter that can’t deliver. If it ever does, I’d be up for it once it hits the market. I really want the detail the SLA printer that FDM struggles to handle well.