By Generation: Cheap-O Targetmaster Fracus

Discussion in 'Tutorials and How Tos' started by chansformers, Mar 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chansformers

chansformers butcher of the bots

News Credits:
    [This] should still be available at your local superstore/Loblaw’s. $3.99 earns you a Minicon Swashplate. This is how you can easily turn him into Classics Scourge's tm partner. All in all, the mods required took about ten (10) minutes total.

Required tools:

• small Phillips screwdriver
    • side cutters
    • crazy glue
    • small LEGO bit
    • Struxx female connector

This is the cheapo, shelf warming Minicon we're talking about here:

[​IMG]

With a small Phillips screwdriver (crosshead), remove this one and only screw:

[​IMG]

This is what you end up with:

[​IMG]

With a pair of side cutters, snip off this post flush with the bottom of the helmet:

[​IMG]

You now free his head:

[​IMG]

The red lines are where I’m going to cut off excess plastic to give him a bit different of a head shape:

[​IMG]

After cutting:

[​IMG]

Reassemble him and replace the screw, leaving out the helicopter rotors, this is what you should have:

[​IMG]

With the side cutters again, clip the tail along the red line:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Enter one tiny LEGO double ender, and one cut down female Struxx connector tube chunk:

[​IMG]

In the hole that the rotor shaft used to occupy, drill it out with a 3/16" drill bit:

[​IMG]

Crazy glue the black double ended LEGO chunk into the now enlarged hole. You now have a gun handle that fits most Classics figs:

[​IMG]

After using the side cutters and cutting down the chunk of the female Struxx connector, trim and clip off any remaining slag and try to make it all as flat/flush as possible:

[​IMG]

Once it's done, crazy glue the new barrel tip onto the clipped down helicopter tail. It should literally plug right in if your cut was clean on the tail:

[​IMG]

The rest is garbage or more bits for the fodder bin:

[​IMG]

With Scourge and another version of Fracas (both in the wip and primed stages), I added small bits to one of them, and the bigger looking one has a clipped down gun that came with Scourge in the first place, the double barreled smaller one:

[​IMG]

Both black primed:

[​IMG]

Painted up, Fracas/unnamed primed Targetmaster/stock Swashplate:

[​IMG]

Different lighting:

[​IMG]

One more with Scourge. To mount him to Scourge in alt mode, you simply have to drill a 3/16" hole into his butt flap armor. I haven't done mine yet because my drill just copped out. The 3/16" hole in the rotor hole was actually drilled by hand, a drill bit held with vise grips while turning the entire piece:

[​IMG]

Not bad for $3.99!

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.