Cheap Blu-rays at Amazon.

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by ChldsPlay, Nov 18, 2009.

1. ChldsPlay

ChldsPlay Well-Known Member

Just checked Amazon and they have some really good deals on Blu-rays.

I just picked up:

The Hangover - $16.99
    Terminator Salvation - $16.49
    Harry Potter & THBP - $16.49
    District 9 - $19.99

They had several other new releases and coming soon for under $20 (like Inglorious Basterds, Star Trek, Up, Public Enemies, Angels & Demons, Fight Club - which is only $15.99, etc.)

For those interested, I also noticed Dark City is only $10 (not sure if it's been cheap or not since I never looked).

2. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

Not bad, but I still think that DVD and Blu-ray prices need to come down at retail.

3. ChldsPlay

I don't think $20 is too much to ask to own a movie you can play whenever you want. It's the price of 2 people going to the theater once. Then you get special features (usually). Older movies, and ones that have been out awhile obviously should be cheaper, and for the most part they are (Just picked up Dogma for $8).

4. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

$20 for a two-disc wouldn't be bad. However, most two-disc non-blurays are $22-$26 at retail, while single bare-bones editions are $20. The creation of the single- and two-disc is where the ripoffs come from, and it needs to stop now that bluray is really being pushed.

5. ChldsPlay

Hmm, I haven't bought a DVD in a few years now, but when I did I rarely paid more than $17 or $18 for the best edition available (not including box sets or extravagant collector's editions).

But all of these are Blu-rays, some of them are 2 or more discs (including digital copy) and are all under $20. I think since Transformers came out a lot of newer releases are around the $20 range for blu-ray, and a lot of older titles have been $12 or $13 or less for awhile.