Che

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by hellrasinbrasin, Jan 23, 2009.

1. hellrasinbrasin

hellrasinbrasin Well-Known Member

The latest film by Steven Soderbergh Director of (Oceans 11, Erin Brockovitch) comes Che a 2008 film about the life of Ernesto Che Guevara. Unfortunatly the film is only being shown ON-DEMAND tv until march 09.

2. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The word "Che" leaves a bad taste in my mouth because of all those dumbass liberal arts fuckers walking around wearing Che t-shirts thinking they're being a cool revolutionary without having any idea about who he is or what happened.

3. hellrasinbrasin

hellrasinbrasin Well-Known Member

I understand your argument llamatron but this the 2nd attempt at adapting the story of Ernesto Che Guevara is far superior to the last one. If anything else give it a chance.

4. Boggs6ft7

Boggs6ft7 TFW2005 Supporter

I'm with llama.

I'm interested in the movie, but it is the poser crowd that wears those damn t-shirts that annoy me.

5. ginrai

ginrai lost with no way home.

I look forward too it.. Nice sequel of sorts to the Motorcycle Diaries..

Having read the diaries/journals/books these are based on.. It really does help you get into the head and sort of see the reasons why some one with such a promising future in medicine would become a revolutionary.. from the outset, it seemed like it was just a very intense urge to help people.. But no idealist is ever perfect, and he was no exception to that. His ideas about Guerrilla tactics however, that's basically a book that is best explained " What not to do "... and its following the ideals in that book (which trusts far to much to a potentially hostile citizenry) in order to obtain food and medicine for the Insurgent fighters. well basically those ideas are what got him killed... Initial success in Cuba aside, the exportation of " revolucion!" never really seemed to work to well in Congo and Bolivia... But they were also dealing with a much more.. interested.. CIA than when they went into Cuba.

6. ErechOveraker

ErechOveraker I'm with Plowking.

News Credits:
    I might see it at some point, but the fact it's basically a made for tv mini-series masquerading as a film is what hurt its box office appeal. 14 hour sequelized biopics don't really attract the popcorn and jujyfruit crowd, you know? Especially not in this economy, where people are scrimping and being more selective with their money.

Which is why I am urging everyone to go see Paul Blart: Mall Cop instead. Starring King of Queens star Kevin James as the oft bumbling but lovable Paul Blart, who works security at a local mall, until one day...

:D  But yeah, Che is on my netflix Q for sure.

7. Hotspot17

Hotspot17 Search and Rescue: Vet

News Credits:
    Agreed, certain symbols should not be used as t-shirts. Him and the chinese communist star. Millions of people in china suffered from them. It really annoys me especially when asian americans wear them. And I'm asian myself.