Char's Counterattack EMSIAs

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Evan Goldsborough, Feb 8, 2007.

1. Evan Goldsborough

Evan Goldsborough Freelance Negotiator

So, I find that HLJ has gotten these guys from Char's Counterattack in, and it got me thinking...

I remember reading that the regular CCA mobile suit in action figures were somewhat larger than the normal MSIAs. In addition, the Extended MSIAs are typically larger than the normal MSIAs.

Now, I principally collect 1/144 scale models, due to lack of space for the most part.

The question is, would someone wager a guess as to the height of the CCA EMSIAs, and whether or not they'd come close to matching the height of the taller 1/144 scale kits, such as the Zeta Gundam? Or, would someone happen to have one of the original MSIAs from the film, so I could work out a rough comparison?

2. XJunky

XJunky Howdy Ho Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

I saw some of these at a local hobby shop. The Freedom Gundam looked like it was around 4.5 inches tall. EMSIA = Mobile Suits In Action Extended, right? I used to have some 1/144, those around around 6 inches, right? So it's almost the same size. If you want I can go out to the store this weekend and take some comparison pics for you?

~X

3. Evan Goldsborough

(Important parts bolded)

Well, lesse here...

*goes off to take some measurments*

Well, the HGUC GM I have (1/144 scale) stands almost exactly 5 inches high. The Zeta is about 5 3/8 inches.

Checking the actual height of the Freedom Gundam, the suit was 18 meters. So, it's somewhat of a smaller scale than 1/144.

Checking the actual height of the Nu Gundam (the Extended MSIA I'm most interested in at the moment), the suit was 23 meters. Without doing any intensive calculations, it seems like the EMSIA of the Nu Gundam would be at least 5 inches....

But yeah, pictures would be cool, man.

4. XJunky

I'll grab some on Saturday. Hope they won't mind me snapping some shots :D 

~X

5. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The EMSIA Nu Gundam and Sazabi toys aren't 1/144 scale.

6. Emperor Mengde

Emperor Mengde Instrumentalist

What LigerPrime says is true, as the MSIAs and EMSIAs seem to hover around 1/171 scale or so (don't remember exactly...I know Newtype Asylum used to keep track of this kind of thing before it shut down). Thus, with the CCA suits being so much bigger than your typical mobile suit, they should fit in well with a model display. However, there is a rumor of HGUC CCA suits being made, so they may work better. Also, Zeta era suits tend to be taller than OYW stuff (especially the O or the Psyco Gundam), and Wing and G Gundam stuff tends to be smaller. Thus, if you have mainly Zeta suits in your 1/144 display they may not fit in as well as with Wing Gundam stuff, as they would probably be about the same size.

7. XJunky

Once I got to the store I noticed that the Freedom Gundam wasn't an MSIA figure, but I did find a char's counterattack MSIA figure, from what I read on HLJ, the extended figure is only a bit taller than this one, so it should be a good point of reference.

MSIA Shining Gundam vs MSIA Sazabi
    [​IMG]

With Fix Zephyranthes
    [​IMG]

The Sazabi measure about 6 inches from head to toe, not counting the missle launchers.

I also picked this up for $50:
    http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN946744

A little expensive, but no tax or shipping (tax free NH, baby!)

Hope that helped,
    ~X

8. Evan Goldsborough

Interesting...

Going off that, it sounds like it'd work.

Thanks for the input, man...