Characters you'd like to associate with G1-era TFs

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Cybertronian, Apr 25, 2010.

1. Cybertronian

Cybertronian Well-Known Member

Howdy, y'all.
    Are there any characters from later generations ("movie-verse", G2, RiD...) or even the GoBots you'd like to associate with the original G1-era characters?

-- Cybertronian.

For me, it'd probably be:
    • Wire Tap V20 - (or "Wiretap") As a cell phone, he fits right in with the other 1:1 and 1:2 scale object Decepticons (Soundwave, Megatron, Reflector). As a camera phone, he makes Soundwave, Reflector, and the Cassettes obsolete in comparison. It'd be a neat character trait to have him point this out (similar to the Prius Maximus internet video). Since cell phones are evil by nature, I prefer him to Speed Dial 800. (I also imagine him pressing his "dial" and possibly "end call" buttons in a similar fashion to Soundwave when contacting the other Decepticons.)
    • "Alice" (maybe "Malice"?) - Like the Autobots, the Decepticons need a humanoid Pretender, because Igunaus, Skullgrin, and Bludgeon aren't fooling anybody. Maybe Stranglehold, but still...
    • 2007 movie Barricade - I know there's already a Barricade in G1, but this one better fits the role. As an infiltrator, there's none better. As an interceptor, barricades wouldn't be a problem for him. As an interrogator... well, let's ask ladiesman217.
    • Night Beat 7 - For me, not as Night Beat 7, but as an Autobot copy of (G1) Laserbeak who serves as a prototype for Blaster's cassettes (Rewind, Steeljaw, etc.). Keeping NB7's personality, I'd make him a special operations agent who carries his work out in a similar fashion to detective Nightbeat.
    • ROTF Jolt - Because a new (original mold) addition to the Autobot Cars would be a good thing. His super fuel efficiency (better than Prius Maximus's) would practically be a side note, as he acts more like a part of the group. (well, the Jokey Smurf of the group, but still....) And did I forget to mention he's an American car?
    • The Autobot Bros. (X-Brawn/Wild Ride, Mach Alert, and Speedbreaker/Side Burn) - like with Jolt, because they add new personalities to the Autobot Cars. Because there already is (or was) a Prowl, I'd stick to calling him Mach Alert. I like the name Speedbreaker better, and X-Brawn can't win with either name. (Plus Speedbreaker adds another American car to the roster.)
    • Team Shinkansen/Bullet Train - I like trains. And now, the Autobots have 3 (more) of them to give Astrotrain fits. Their combination as Rail Racer (JRX) gives the Autobots some high-speed gestalt power.
    • Sky-Byte (using the Energon Sharkticon mold) - Simply put, I like the character. I may have to come up with some tripe storyline involving the Quintessons building him to be an advisor to the Predacons, or a similar officer-level agent of Galvatron, but I still think he'd be a neat addition to Galvatron's (2006/2010) Decepticons.

2. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord

I put
    -Lugnut into Megatron's High Command structure as Megatron's Bodyguard
    -Sentinel is a Autobot Drill Instructor (Similar to Beach Head)
    -Jolt is part of the Wreckers along with Landmine (Cybertron) and Crosswise (since he's a Bounty Hunter)
    -Lockdown is under Megtron's employ on retainer (think Boba Fett in the Star Wars canon often working with Vader)

3. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

G2 is part of G1, along with Robotmasters. The Japanese also tied RID with G1.

The Botcon books have tied Vector Prime with all realities.

On topic:

Animated:

Wasp, Lugnut and Slipstream.

Unicron Trilogy:

Checkpoint, at the very least would make a great Prime version of Prowl.

Roadblock, looks like the miners in Megatron:Origin.

RID

The entire cast with Fire Convoy being a seperate individual to Optimus Prime.

If I really had my way, every TF would be part of G1, continuing on from the Marvel G1/G2 books, with the characterisation of Dreamwave's MTMTE books and set throughout the G2 Cybertronian colonies. There'd only be one Megatron and Optimus Prime.

But that's just me.

4. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Lugnut, Lockdown, Barricade and Blackarachnia.

5. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW Spongebob since 2007

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Demolishor and Lugnut are Shockwave's Henchmen.
    Bulkhead and Hot Shot are the Breaded one (No I don't mean Scourge)'s helpers.
    Lockdown is a Decpticon verison of Deadpool.
    Blackarachnia and Airazor are Female Autobots under Arcee.
    Darksyde is a Decpticon Base that can Transform into a Nemesis Omega Superme.

6. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh, man. Has anyone ever suggested before that Alice's actual Decepticon name could be "Malice"? Because that is, like, the most simplistically awesome thing ever. I want that to be canon.

7. Shelfwarmercon

Shelfwarmercon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Reimagining a lot of Mini-cons as G1 Mini Vehicles or Micromasters works for me.

8. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Everybody ever, I love cross-over characters, such as Lockdown in ROTF or Demolishor in WFC.

I mean it's cool to see the G1 cast getting remade every freaking day, but when they do it with another continuity it's even better because it's UNEXPECTED.

9. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    You mean characters from later series I could see work in G1?

Animated Lockdown
    Animated Lugnut
    Movie Blackout
    Movie Barricade
    RiD Sky-Byte

10. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    TFA/Movie Lockdown
    TFA Lugnut
    RiD Skybyte
    RiD Sideburn
    RiD Scourge
    Movie Barricade
    Movie Blackout
    Movie Bonecrusher (maybe not the name but certainly everything else about him)
    Movie Jolt

11. E. C. R. Former

E. C. R. Former Is probably insane...

Oooh.

First of all, Lockdown, cause he's such a badass bounty hunter. I think a version of him could work in all continuities.
    I also like the idea of making Demolisher (Armada), Blackout (movie), and Lugnut into a sort of Decepticon Elite Guard, answerable only Megatron.

12. Prime Noble

Oh, I like that idea for Megatron's Elite Guard.

Isn't Demolisher in War for Cybertron now, which is supposed to be the new G1?

Lately, I like reversing this idea where all the Classics/Movie characters that are repainted Unicron Trilogy toys are part of the Unicron Trilogy, but retaining their given personalities so Blades (Evac repaint) is still a badass and Ultra Magnus (Deluxe Prime repaint) is Optimus' self doubting brother.

Therefore, Springer, Roadbuster and Universe 1 Ultra Magnus are Universe Trilogy Wreckers.

Movie Divebomb is an Earth reformatted Seeker along with Cybertron Thundercracker and Skywarp whereas Classics Dirge is a Cybertronian Seeker alongside Cybertron Starscream.

Classics Ratbat is a senator during Energon. Possibly a Unicronian agent since he shares a mold with Cybertron Sideways and the Botcon Sweeps.

Classics Blaster is his same badass G1 self.

Movie Elita-1, Air Raid and the other Omni-con repaints are various Omni-cons.

I only do it with the actual UT repaints. It's nice to expand another universe besides G1 for a change.

13. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    I lump everything into my one continuity for the most part, so basically they all ineract :lol 

14. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    I do the same thing toy-wise.

15. Prime Noble

On a similar note, lately I've started retrofitting Beast Wars characters into G1 form.

It started with Device Label Tigatron. I see the Device Label characters as G1 so I felt this was officially Hasbro making Tigatron a G1 character. Nothing in Beast Wars to say he wasn't in G1 anyway. His mold brother, Ravage was.

Titanium WW Thrust greatly reminds me of Terrorsaur in appearance. Even the pre-Beast sketch in that Botcon comic echoes the WW Seeker mold, to me anyway. WW Thrust's colour scheme isn't a million miles from cartoon Terrorsaur's either. They even have similar personalities in that they're both braggards. So I like to think WW Thrust could be pre-Beast or G1 Terrorsaur. Like Rattrap, Cheetor and Rhinox, I doubt Terrorsaur was his name on Cybertron and Thrust fits.

Robotmasters Wingstun strikes me as being a possible G1/pre-Beast Waspinator. They've shared a mold and have similar colour schemes. Even the name Wingstun reminds me of the term 'bee sting', you see where I'm going. Plus, I have an oversized deluxe size KO of Wingstun so he looks cool alongside WW Thrust/Terrorsaur (and alongside Acid Storm).
    I can totally imagine Wingstun speaking like Waspy anyway, "Why universe hate Wingstun?" Anyone else see it or should I ease off the low grade Energon?

I only got Thrust, Ravage and Tigatron in the last 2 weeks but the idea's been spinning around with me for ages and as I see them all together now, I'm further convinced of my idea.

Great, now I have to get Cybertron Buzzsaw and Longrack.

16. Cybertronian

Cybertronian Well-Known Member

I forgot to add Armada's Demolishor (since like movie Barricade and Blackout, he brings originality to the table).

17. Skyjack

Skyjack Well-Known Member

I would very much like to see Rhinox during g1, throw BW cont out the window if you want. I just always liked that he was this Forge type character that could take parts and pieces and make almost anything.. He brought primal back from the dead with all the right stuff! Maybe rattrap too.. Perhaps even Tarantulas.

18. Lone Cat

Lone Cat Well-Known Member

Tracks and Road Rage

Both are 007-style supercars that transform into robot and also have "007" third mode.

19. Prime Noble

Aren't Tracks and Road Rage already G1?

20. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    Animated Bulkhead. I think he fills a niche. Somehow it rounds out the autobots having a character like that.

Animated Lugnut. The same. Such a great character.

I love that the characters they introduced on Animated, basically had no real precedent. They weren't just creating new characters just for the heck of it.

Movie Barricade. He's better than Prowl.