Characters you found annoying

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Rodimus, May 11, 2008.

1. Rodimus

Rodimus The Prime Producer

I bet alot of people will say Wheelie, and I'm one of the few that actually didn't mind him. He's my Bumblebee for season 3.

So that shows there are a variety of opinions here. I'm interested everyone's opinion.

See I've always found Starscream to be quite annoying from the time the original show was new. And Starscream is one of the most popular characters in the entire Transformers mythos. Now as I've grown older, I have grown to appreciate Starscream's alot more. There is alot to him.

But what I used to find extremely annoying about Starscream was his cowardly attitude at times, where in some instances he would beg, pleade, and whine. I also didn't like that he was a oppurtunistic traitor. Combine that with the fact he would turn around and cower before Megatron when he got put in his place, I found that to be very dislikable. His voice was so high pitched, that when those moments happened, it only added to weasel factor. That's basically what I saw Starscream as. An oppurtunistic weasel.

On the Autobot side, I still to this day despise Huffer. Not only is he guilty of the widly disliked whining, he's just so pessimistic and elitist about things. "I told you it wouldn't work!"

What characters do you find annoying? Any of them contradictory to the most widely accepted fanbase general opinion? IE like my examaples of Starscream and Wheelie. :) 

2. Skorpiya Nuka

Skorpiya Nuka Decepticon Fanfreak!

Humans annoy me.

3. AutobotMarine

AutobotMarine Banned

Ebay:
    G1: Wheelie, Hotrod, Blurr, Daniel, and Galvatron.

Beast Wars: Really none.

Beast Machines: Haven't seen much of it to know.

RID: Megatron.

Armada: THOSE DAMN KIDS! and Hotshot.

Energon: Ironhide and Kicker.

Cybertron: Thunderblast.

Movie: Mikela is hot admittly, but she's a tad bit annoying. And of course, Sam's parents are.

Animated: Definately Bumblebee.

4. Blurrz

Blurrz cantkillprogress

News Credits:
    Armada Hot Shot was brutal.. ugh.. so annoying. I'm glad he matured in Energon and Cybertron.

5. Smokescreen

Smokescreen The Ultimate Gambler TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Wheelie and Galvatron (crazy version from S3).

6. ninety

ninety NERDS!!

News Credits:
    Browning in Masterforce, I like the concept of him not mass-shifting, but his voice and actions just make me wish Cancer would swat him.

7. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    G1- Blurr. OMG I HATE HIM AND HIS BABIES!

Victory- That weird robot that hung out with the kid.

Masterforce- Everybody.

Headmsters- Actually not a whole lot, though the actual Headmasters themselves were not my favourites.

BW- None.

BM- Nightscream. Like for cryin' in the bloody sink.

RID- Oh boy... Megatron. Screeching, retard, useless, pansy, get-Sky-byte-to-do-your-dirty-work-while-you-do-fuck-all, asshole.

Armada- Hot Shot.

Energon- Kicker. Kick him in the head, Ironhide, oh wait, I forgot, you're just as fucking dumb as he is.

Cybertron- Thunderblast, Scourge, Prime, Jolt, Jetfire... actually it'd just be easier to say everyone except for TC, Megs and the Traffic light dude.

Movie- None.

Animated- None.

8. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW Spongebob since 2007

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Me Grimlock hates Scrapper!

9. Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus Taint of Primus

News Credits:
    Out of what I've watched.

The only characters that ever really annoyed me were some of the humans from the Movie.
    Mainly because they seemed to be the focus of the story....in a movie called Transformers.
    Also Sam's "I need sex, NOW!" attitude annoyed me.

While not the character specifically (ok maybe a little), Henry Masterson a.k.a. The Headmaster's design rubs me the wrong way. It looks like his body is too wide for his head.

10. CryoPrime

CryoPrime Cody A.

Any of the characters in Cybertron/Energon that had their voices changed into stupid Australian accents(no offense to our aussie board members) But they had a normal voice then magically"I"M GOING TO TALK LIKE I"M FROM DOWN UNDA'"! *glares at Jetfire*

11. $5HotRod

$5HotRod Trailbreaker Fan

Ebay:
    From what I've seen:

G1 cartoon: Blurr, S3 Galvatron, S3 Grimlock

Headmasters: Wheelie and Daniel...God, I hate those fuckers.

Masterforce: Ummm...no one really. Didn't care much for God Ginrai though.

Victory: Victory Saber and Jean/Jan

BW: No one really but my least favorite was Tarantulas

BM: Rattrap though it's more a really disappointed with what happened to him from BW.

Armada: Scourge or Demolisher. Also Carlos...forgot about him...or rather repressed him. Fred was really bad as well.

Energon: Optimus Prime, Ironhide, and Kicker

Cybertron: No one really but I didn't watch the whole thing either.

Animated: No one really. Closest is Bumblebee.

12. butz

butz slippery when wet

Armada: Carlos. It's been awhile, so there may be others, but Carlos was fuggin terrible; "holy frijoles!" NO.

13. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    G1:
    - Blurr: So @#$%ing annoying that I actually liked Wheelie by comparison. (And it was only Wheelie's voice that annoyed me.) If only the writers had made telling Blurr to shut the @#$% up a running gag on the series, it might have made him tolerable. Instead, they used it as a character-defining writing crutch and made sure that Blurr had at least 3-4 blathering outbursts every episode he was in.
    - Chip Chase: Granted, I realize why such a character was included in the series, but to this day I find it aggravating and just plain stupid that highly-intelligent robots with technology advanced thousands of years beyond human civilization would need the assistance of a far inferior human kid who happens to have a high IQ and a flair for computers. Furthermore, Chip seemed to have more knowledge of and skill with Cybertronian technology than the Autobots did. Even as a kid, I marveled at how stupid the very idea was that Chip was more intelligent and more skilled than the Autobots.
    - Galvatron: Post-movie Galvatron wins 1st prize for being the most annoying character of G1 for me because he was a central character to the series. And if the voice wasn't annoying enough already, as a character his lunacy was so exaggerated that it made it impossible to like anything about him. You simply cannot use the main villain as a comic relief in an animated series like Transformers. It's animated series suicide. It didn't work, and it nearly killed my enjoyment of the series. It also ruined what was cool about Galvatron in the movie.

Animated Movie:
    - Daniel: for obvious reasons.
    - Hot Rod: for more obvious reasons, but mainly that his blunder killed Optimus Prime.
    - Wreck-Gar's voice: I love Monty Python, and Eric Idle is one of the funniest comedians who ever lived. But the effects/processing they put on Idle's voice for Wreck-Gar actually made him difficult to understand. He has some really funny lines in the movie, and whoever engineered the SFX on his dialog was so enamored with processing techniques that they almost forgot to make the voice so you could actually understand it.
    - Blurr and Wheelie, for the aforementioned reasons.

Beast Wars:
    - Quickstrike: Hands-down the most annoying character on the series, and the voice performance made it even moreso.
    - Waspinator: Although he provided many of the series funniest moments, as a running gag he started wearing thin before the second season even started. The voice annoyed me too.
    - Terrorsaur: While it's not the worst Chris Latta impression I've ever heard, Doug Parker's imitation is still really bad and very difficult to listen to. Also, Terrorsaur was a really poor substitute for the scheming Starscream character type.

Beast Machines:
    - Rattrap: Somewhere between BW and BM, Rattrap went from amusing to annoying. He became the resident whiner, and nothing's more annoying than that.
    - Optimus Primal: Another character change for the worse--going from a great leader to a pacifist jerk. Thankfully, he redeemed himself by the end of the series, but sure made the show danged difficult to watch for a long while.
    - Botannica: Because she's a robot that turns into a freaking flower. Still, she actually was an interesting character to me, but she had the worst alt-mode in all of Transformers history.
    - Nightscream: Since Cheetor evolved into something more mature, the show still needed a kid-friendly character that would supposedly be the type that kids would identify with. And so we got Nightscream. Unfortunately, the only kids who would identify with such an annoying character are annoying kids themselves. Way to appeal to the masses, BM staffers.

RiD:
    Only got to see one episode of this series, since I was touring when it aired. And the one episode wasn't enough for me to pass proper judgment on it.

Armada/Energon/Cybertron:
    I could find very little about any of these series that didn't annoy me.

Live-Action Movie:
    - The Witwicky Parents: Many of their scenes could've been dropped with no loss of entertainment value.
    - Agent Simmons: I thought that John Turturro couldn't give a bad performance. Wow, was I ever wrong.
    - Frenzy: Interesting pattern I've observed...ever notice that the character designed to be kid-friendly in every movie nearly always ends up being the most annoying character in the movie?
    - Maggie and Glen (Rachael Taylor and Anthony Anderson, respectively): I fast-forward through their scenes every time. And the movie would not have suffered a whit if Anthony Anderson's character had been completely eliminated. Why one hacker needed the assistance of another hacker was THE most ridiculous and unnecessary subplot of the movie (the plot device itself was also ridiculously convenient--the other "greatest hacker in the world" just "happened" to live nearby? Give me a freaking break...) Also, Shia LeBeouf is already a good comedic actor on his own merits, so the movie didn't need another comic relief like Anderson.

Transformers Animated:
    - Sari: Early on she was a little irritating, but as the series has progressed she continues to amuse me.
    - Meltdown: He's becoming more amusing now that we're finally learning he's supposed to be a comedic character, but his origin and the character itself were so poorly developed early on that it nearly caused fans to miss the joke.
    - Bumblebee: Also becoming less annoying as the series has developed. But I still don't care much for the voice.

14. bhaalistik

bhaalistik Shockwave's Love-child

Yep, wholeheartedly agree with the Wheelie and Wreck-gar sentiments. Voice characterization just ruined these 2 characters for me. I like Eric Idle as an actor (NOT for Monty Python..actually hate Python with a passion), but his voice and the way they had him talk in radio/tv gibberish for Wreck-gar annoyed me to no end, as did Wheelie's rhyming :banghead: 

15. MACRAPTRON

MACRAPTRON Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hotshot. The entire Car Robots cast. Gelshark, worth another Car Robots cast.
    Ultra Magnus. Rodimus. Emo Optimus, Ratchet and many others from G1 Marvel comics.
    Sentinel Prime. Lugnutz. The Headmaster dude.
    Hori/StakeOut from Victory. Chromedome and Fortress from Headmasters.

At least Wheelie makes me laugh.

16. alex_kingdom

alex_kingdom Well-Known Member

G1: Pretty much the entire cast of the show, thank god for the Comic books

Beast Wars: Quickstrike, an out of place redneck hick

Beast Machines: Rattrap, they really messed up one of the greatest characters from BW in BM. He wasnt all that bad just here an there he acted completely out of character.

RID: Everyone in it, thankfully the toys were prety cool

Armada: Never really watched it as it was so poor

Superlink (didnt watch Energon): Shockfleet and Demoliser, slapstick comic relief oddballs with no charm. I personally loved Roadbuster and Kicker, IMO they made the show.

Cybertron: Most of the Autobots as they were mostly characterless soldier ants.

Movie: Again the Autobots, completely unconvincing and poorly conceived, the Decpeticons had no characters so I can hardly say they were annoying other than they were annoyingly absent. Oh and Agent Simmons, scuppered any chances of Section 7 being remotely beleivable.

Animated: Bulkhead, can he really be that braindead?

Yours AK

17. 138 Scourge

138 Scourge WE R 138

G1-For some reason, I've had an unreasoning hatred of Superion. I have no idea why...I like Silverbolt well enough, and most of the limbs are okay, but I just hate the combined form. So, I figure the first Dreamwave TF comics were good for something.

Beast Wars: Depth Charge. Which is weird, as I usually like aquatic-type characters.

Beast Machines: No one, really.

Armada: The mini-cons with their R2-D2 ass beepy voices. I love mini-con toys, but that characterization of 'em...yeah, no, pass.

Cybertron: Override, but only during the first half of the show. After that, she's more background, but still got a few good lines.

Movie: Mmmm....I dunno. No one, really.

Animated: Nobody yet, really.

18. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I was usually most annoyed by characters who were defined almost entirely by whatever speech impediment they had - Seaspray, Warpath, Blurr.

After Leonard Nimoy in the movie, hearing Galvatron for the first time in Season 3 was a bit jarring. "OMG! Skeletor and an alley cat had a baby!"

19. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    G1 - Wheelie, Daniel and the lack of Astrotrain and Blitzwing.

BW - Rattrap, my god, you irritating son of a bitch.

BM - Never saw it.

RiD - Slapper, GasKunk and Nightscream, Skybyte and the Decepticons are actually rather cool.

Armada - Rad and Carlos, God at one point I was hoping Alexis would ask Starscream to kill them in their sleep. Hot Shot, listening to him when he had the Star Sabre was a constant kick in the crotch.

Energon/Cybertron - I was spared......

Movie - Jazz being gangsta rather than smooth.

Animated - Sari still drives me to drink, although Bulkhead's 'jolly green giant' gag is getting thin.

20. Screambug

Screambug King of Transformers

G1...I'm no fan of Season 3, since most beloved characters were killed off and replaced by strange Transformers in a strange setting.

Beast Wars...never got into it.

Beast Machines...ditto above, though I kinda liked Blackarachina.

Armada...too many strange characters, especially those who took over famous names like Starscream.

Cybertron...ditto above and I'm not fond of young schoolchildren running about underfoot, either, though I LOVED Starscream on this show!:) 

Movie...another underaged boy saves the world and the girl is just there as eye-candy. Also, the designs are still BUTT-UGLY and I still haven't gotten used to the way a few Transformers, like Starscream looked yet!

Animated...butt-ugly human villains and butt-ugly human characters in general (like the guy in pink glasses and Mayor, bleh!) Swoop himself has a VERY UGLY face; it looks just like an old man's, heh.