Characters that should have stayed dead. Or ones we want dead!

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Tekkaman Blade, Apr 17, 2009.

1. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    Since we have characters that we want back lets name the ones that didn't need to come back.

I'll start out with some obvious ones

Norman Osborn
    Harry Osborn
    Aunt May
    Jason Todd

2. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    Hal Jordan
    Barry Allen
    And total agreement on Aunt May.

3. Optimus1986

Optimus1986 TMNT & Hulk Fanatic

The only people I'm glad returned from the great beyond are Prime, Raven and Superman. Everyone else should stay dead.

Jason Todd especially!

4. Paladin

Paladin Have Zord, Will Travel

News Credits:
    Detroit- It's a shithole full of people who steal
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I'll echo Jason Todd.

Also...

JEAN FUCKIGN GREY. I am UNBELIEVEABLY sick of that bitch.

5. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW Spongebob since 2007

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Green Goblin (1 and 2),Why their should bring them back for dead.

6. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Aunt May
    Jean Grey
    Hulk

7. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    - Hal Jordan - I am sympathetic with Hal being brought back. His send-off was terrible and massive character derailment that needed to be corrected and, unfortunately, the redemption arc in Final Night just wasn't enough to make up for the train wreck of Emerald Twilight. However, since his return, Hal has been completely uninteresting to me. He's basically written as a Canon Sue. He has no discernible personality flaws, he's written as the absolute best at everything even with minimal/no training (best GL, suited to lead the Blue Lanterns, best at using the Red Lantern rings), everyone likes him or has no personal problem with him (even his villains), the few characters who don't like him get killed (most of the Lost Lanterns) or written out (the rest of the Lost Lanterns), other characters frequently remind/tell the reader how awesome he is, etc. There's a great story going on in the GL books, but I think it would be just as good without Hal being involved. I'm glad he got a chance to come back, but that chance has been largely wasted.

- Barry Allen - Unlike Hal, absolutely no reason for this resurrection except the powers that be have decided that Barry Allen is 'supposed to be' the Flash. Barry had a good death and his replacement was logical, so there's really nothing in the story that deserves a repair.

- Jason Todd - Has this character done anything worthwhile since they brought him back? Doesn't seem like DC had a plan for him beyond the stunt of bringing him back.

- Aunt May - Find some way to adjust continuity so that her death in Amazing Spider-Man #400 happened, minus the Clone Saga stuff surrounding it. That was a very effective, powerful issue and it unfortunately got blown out of the water due to the Clone nonsense in the background.

- Superboy Prime - The character has been somewhat entertaining, but the joke has run it's course. Hopefully, whenever Legion of 3 Worlds ends, he'll be in the ground soon enough.

8. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    I blame it on Gil Kane for Norman's death. To me, Osborn was repleaced by Doc Ock or Venom trying to be Spidey's archnemeisis. But neither really hit the Web-Head as personal as the Goblin. That's like Two-Face or Penguin trying to be Batman's archnemesis if the Joker died. Plus, Norman is a big Manipulative Fellow.

9. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    Actually the original Hobgoblin was great before the writer of the character left, then the next writer powered him down and revealed him to be Ned Leeds, then killed him. It went down hill from there. I keep hoping Kingsly will come back and kill Norman. Norman and Gwen were two of the earliest and most ionic deaths of characters. When a character has been dead over 20 years they should stay that way. Yes as much as I like the current Captain America comics that includes bucky. I don't believe they needed to bring Barry back. Hal never really died, he became evil then became the spectre. They were still using him. Jason todd was just stupid.

10. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

I would say Norman but honestly, every story they have that has revolved around him since his return has been nothing short of great.

For those that should stay dead,
    Harry
    Mary Jane - At least then we wouldn't have the problem we do now with everything not happening for Magic. (which I think is going to be reversed soon)
    Jason Todd - it was just suck a stupid return. Punch a wall in reality!
    Ultimate beast - yea we killed him again already but what's the point of his return i nthe first place?
    Doc ock - He's sucked since his return. At least before he was more of a compassionate villain. Now he's just stupid evil.
    Barry - We have enough Flashes and we don't need this one back.

Characters I want dead
    Aunt May - obvious
    Wolverine - can we finally then have some Wolverine free books?
    Any young/new/baby X-men. Make some good X-men titles before adding new mutants that suck just as much

11. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

Jean Grey - old news...
    Hal Jordan - Kyle/Guy/Alan/(even) John > Hal
    Barry Allen - better off dead
    Peter Parker - Ben Reiley > Peter...bring back the scarlet
    Wolverine - played out
    Hope - see Jean Grey
    Aunt May - too old...time to go
    Scorpion-Venom - no where near Brock-Venom calibur
    Colossus - love the guy...but he died in a really touching way

12. GigatronSama

GigatronSama Mr. Insomnia Veteran

I'm going to say only one. Superman.
    Yes Superman. He paved the way for the impermanence of death, and his presence and contractual immortality belittles the achievements of every other character in the universe.

What good is Batman's lone crusade against crime when Superman could zip through the city, stop every crime in town, and be back home in time for dinner? What's the point of The Green Lantern stopping alien invasions and maintaining the balance of power in the sector when Superman can punch out planets? And who even cares about anyone dying in DC anymore, when Sups left Death's door open (more like ripped off the hinges). No one even takes the apparent death of Batman seriously because all death is now a stunt.

It's especially hurting with the death of Captain America, not even in the same universe, but it belittles the tragedy of his death because it's just viewed as a stunt. I'm giving Marvel credit for keeping Steve dead and letting Bucky take up the mantle.

I'd like to see how different comics would be today if Sups were still dead, and death was left with serious weight to it.

13. Rodimus Major

Rodimus Major Custom User Title

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Barry Allen. His death was epic and an important part of the Crisis On Infinite Earths. He had a hero's death, and his sidekick stepped up to take his place, it was a natural evolution. Now he's back and his death has no real impact anymore. Plus since comics have changed in the past 20+ years, he'll be a completely different character anyway.

Jason Todd. His death has really affected Batman since it happened, being his one great failure, and influenced his choices in training Tim Drake etc. since then. Bringing him back takes away some of Batman's motivation for what he does, not as badly as bringing his parents back would, but in a similar way IMO. Plus the way in which it happened was really, really lame.

14. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Aunt fucking May. Brand New Day can suck my plothole.

15. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Jumpin' Jellyfish! Super Mod

News Credits:
    Psylocke.

She's one of my favorites, and died a stupid, random death. But her resurrection was even more retarded and she should've just stayed gone.

16. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    I'd give her a chance still. She's back in the hands of a writer who isn't Claremont now, so hopefully she'll be a character worth caring about again.

Anyway, a new one that I just found out about this morning:

Carol Danvers. Apparently she died in the last issue of her book. I hope she stays dead. I've hated that crazy drunk bitch ever since I read Busiek's Avengers run.

17. Chrono Grimlock

Chrono Grimlock Perfect By Nature

News Credits:
    This death I didn't understand. She's second in command for New Avengers... honestly, I'm starting to see why people piss on Marvel so much

Want Dead?
    Aunt May
    Gabriel Summers
    Bishop

18. Caine

Caine Rise up to the glory!!

News Credits:
    THIS!! OMFG THIS!!

I started watching "Wolverine & The X-Men" with high anticipation, but it's all ruined when all shit points to "OMFG JEAN GREY IS TEH PHOENIX" storyline all over again, and thus stopped watching it.

Same thing goes for the comic, that bitch should've stay dead. Like, forever.

Oh and, Aunt May.

19. Optimus17

Optimus17 Well-Known Member

Characters that should've stayed dead:
    Barry Allen - there are WAY too many Flashes.
    Jason Todd - does this even need a reason?
    Aunt May - stupid brand new day <_<
    Harry Osborn - same as aunt may

Characters want dead:
    Elektra - Some big skrull reveal. Seriously, what was the point of bringing her back?
    Bart Allen - It was stupid that they killed him and it was worse that they brought him back.
    Vision 2? - He gets his freakin face blown off but then he's a-okay next issue.
    Daken- Extremely pointless character.
    Jarvis - He comes back from space only to betray his long time employer and friend? What a jerk.
    The new ventriloquist - Whatever her name is. Bring back Wesker.

Oh a question: Is Jean Grey, back? To my knowledge she's still dead.

20. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Find Gary Busey!

You seen it here folks! Kickback wants me dead :cry