Character Survival Probability

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Shadow25, Apr 4, 2009.

1. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This is simple. Just take the list of confirmed characters and guess the chances each one will live or not. This is what you think will happen, not what you personally want. You can give explanations if you wish.

Rank them based on their likelihood to live: Definitely, probably, questionable, not likely, definitely dies.

Prime- definitely. He's Prime. Come on.
    BB- definitely. Even more of a definite than Prime.
    Ironhide- probably. The big tough guy could die, but he's charismatic enough to stick around.
    Ratchet- questionable. We haven't seen much of him, but he could always be hanging back. Still, kind of underused in this movie and the last.
    Arcee- not likely. After the Bay incident... could be misinfo, but the loudmath ass Bay is probably means its true. :( 
    Chromia- not likely. I see no reason why she would live over Arcee, seeing they share similar designs.
    Purplecycle- not likely. ditto.
    Sideswipe- probably. He's freaking awesome. I don't think Bay would do it.
    Jolt- questionable. A promo bot. Nothing more. If they wanted to kill multiple Autobots, he should be one of them.
    Skids- probably. Bay takes pride in these two, somehow. He'll stick around because of Bay's skewed view on what kinds of TFs are better than others personality wise.
    Mudflap- probably. ditto.
    Jetfire- not likely. He's elderly... It's kind of cliche for the convert to sacrifice himself for the greater good.
    Wheelie- questionable. It would be funny to see him die, and comedy is what Bay's all about with the TFs. >_<. Yet, he might just be ignored.

Megatron- probably. I don't see him dying again. He'll probably make a retreat at the end of the film. If he dies again, it would just repeat the past.
    Starscream- questionable. Megs could own him, or keep him around as his leiutenant. We'll see.
    Soundwave- probably. Fan-favorite, and one of Orci's very most favorites. As a major Con, he'll probably live. But then again, look what happened with another fan-favorite...
    Ravage- questionable. Seeing as he's more suited to take on humans, he might hit the scrap heep.
    Laserbeak (dreadlock bot)- questionable. Ditto.
    Alice- definitely dead. A Pretender from out of the blue. Once she's revealed, how else would she hide?
    Sideways- definitely dead. Pretty much looks like fodder like Brawl from TF1.
    Scorponok- not likely. He survived last time. Not only should Lennox take revenge, there's not much left for him to do.
    Devastator- not likely. The Simmons thing in the coloring book. He could live, but I'm really not sure.
    Scalpel- not likely. Another Frenzy. Will get killed somehow.
    The Fallen- not likely. He's the main villain. He'll either be recaptured or destroyed by the end, methinks.

I included Devys as one instead of the separate Constructicons, because I have a feeling if he goes, then there will be no reason to keep any of them around anymore and they will all die with him.

2. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Gotta love how everything you don't like about the movie is on Bay's shoulders and not the other members of the production crew (designers, writers, etc.)

Also, the "dreadlock bot" is not Laserbeak, that's the pretender.

As for my list...

Prime-Don't see him being offed
    BB- Same as Prime
    Ironhide-I could see him getting taken down, but not that likely.
    Ratchet-I don't see him dying either, he's a medbot, I blame his lack of action on the fact that...he's not meant for it.
    Arcee- I'm gonna go with Bay on this one.
    Chromia- Probably killed alongside Arcee.
    Purplecycle-Likewise.
    Sideswipe-I can see him sticking around.
    Jolt-He's a throwaway character, could go either way though.
    Skids-I can see him and/or Mudflap sacrificing themselves or dying in the heat of battle.
    Mudflap-Above.
    Jetfire-Probably dies when/sometime after combining with Prime.
    Wheelie-Seeing the endurance on his packaging, and going off him being kind of a pet to Mikaela, I can see him having a fakeout death and coming back from it.

Megatron-I don't think they'll kill him off again so soon.
    Starscream-Hoping he is slagged by Megs.
    Soundwave-I still doubt he's even gonna show up on earth, probably survives.
    Ravage-Up in the air, don't really know too much of him yet.
    Alice-Likely casualty.
    Sideways-Dealt with near the start I assume.
    Demolisher-Also probably dealt with near the start.
    Scorponok-Probably going to be finished off.
    Devastator-Either badly damaged or outright destroyed.
    Scalpel-Probably dead.
    The Fallen-Certainly not likely to last past this film. Be it reimprisoned or destroyed.

3. Bottom Out

Bottom Out Well-Known Member

Prime - I dont believe he is safe from death, I give him a 90% chance of survial

BB- 100% chance of survival

Ironhide - 50% chance, has been in 2 movies, sideswipe can very easily replace ironhides "cool" factor

Ratchet- 60% chance of survival, hes a boring character which makes him an easy choice to off but having a medic will always come in handy for future stories

Arcee- 75% chance of survival, no real reason to off her, the bay info seems to be very misleading.

Chromia- 25% chance of survival, no need for 3 of the same character.

Purplecycle- 25% chance of survival, no need for 3 of the same character.

Sideswipe- 80% chance of survival, i believe if they had to choose to kill either ironhide or sideswipe they would go with ironhide

Jolt- 10% chance of survival, he was removed from the cover of alliance 4, no news about him as surfaced other than his garbage ass toy

Skids- 50% chance, this character is either going to really work or really fail imo. if hes depicted as just another bumble bee i suspect him to either die or go somewhere away from the main team

Mudflap- same as skids

Jetfire- 10% chance of survival, i dont really see how they could use him for a 3rd movie, especially if he combines with prime because they could just combine right in the begining and end the movie very quickly, the lack of jetfire in a sequel will make a better story

Wheelie - 90% chance hes such a worthless character allowing him to stick around wouldnt have much effect on any future stories or plots. if he does survive i suspect he will only be seen as a cameo in future sequels though

Megatron- 99% chance of survival, he was killed in the first one they wouldnt kill him again unless they did a bad job writting the script, plus we all know megatron never truley "dies"

Starscream
    - 99% chance of survival, too much of a fan favorite to off him, it would be like killing wolverine in the x-men movies

Soundwave- 99% chance of survival, another fan favorite who has too much potential for future installments to let die

Ravage- If soundwave dies then ravage will most likely die as well, but if soundwave lives i highly doubt ravage will die since ravage is soundwaves number 1 minion.

Laserbeak (dreadlock bot)- 1% chance of survival, not needed for anything really other than to say he was in the movie, there are other bots that can fill in his roll very easily

Alice- 1% chance of survival, no point in having a pretender stick around for a sequel as it will have allready been done

Sideways - 1% chance of survival, nothing unique enough about him to keep him around for a sequel. makes more sense to kill him so they can introduce a new character in his place

Scorponok- 50% chance of survival, i can see him easily escaping again especially if he only has a minor role this time around. I can see him popping up again in sequels if the script needs him but also dont see a need to include him in sequels even if he survives, so why not keep him?

Devastator- 1% chance, once devestator is done in this movie it will be pointless to have him appear in the sequel since it would have allready been done.

Scalpel - 90% chance, i dont see them killing the decepticons version of ratchet, hes also small enough to keep around and not have to worry about him taking the place of a new character

The Fallen - 75% chance, i dont see them being able to kill an original 13 transformer, they will defeat him and capture him again but i dont see him actually dying.

4. TFfan08

TFfan08 Vigilante

News Credits:
    Bay said -''The Twins are heroic.'' Heroic is a another word for death...

5. TFfan08

TFfan08 Vigilante

News Credits:

I think you mean killing Magneto in X-men movies...

6. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    They're all gonna die, aren't they?

/rattrap

7. kjeevahh

kjeevahh n/a

News Credits:
    alice = ravage

8. Shadow25

News Credits:
    I was thinking about that, do you have a source? I mean, Orci said Ravage has a 'special ability'. I wonder if that could be his transformation...

9. knoted

knoted Resistor Transistor

News Credits:
    Meh ! I hope Starscream lives !

10. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Optimus - if he dies, he'll come back anyway.
    Bumblebee - Definitely live.
    Ironhide - Part of me wants me to seem him heroically sacrifice himself, other part of me wants at least the four Autobots from the first film to be all in three films.
    Ratchet - Probably live, doesn't do much fighting.
    Skids - Live, he'll become a popular character, mark my words.
    Mudflap - Ditto.
    Sideswipe - I think Bay likes this character, he's has the alternate mode Jazz should've had, he'll live.
    Jolt - He could die, but on the other hand I think Bay may not be bothered enough to kill him.
    Arcee - I personally believe Bay on this one...
    Chromia - Live, I think her friendship with Ironhide will be mentioned and that would require screentime outside the Chinese battle, I hope she'll be be Mikaela's ride.
    Purplecycle - Know too little to have an inclination.
    Jetfire - Like Ironhide, I think his death would be very moving.
    Wheelie - Nah, he'll stick around as a funny pet.

Megatron, Starscream, Soundwave, I'm betting the main Decepticon trio will survive. Megatron is too repetitive, Starscream is too popular (even if he did, it would be ambigious enough for his return) and Soundwave's death would waste a character whom everyone has spent so much time incorporating. Not too sure about Ravage, he could curl up inside Soundwave; Scalpel, Scorponok, Sideways and Alice/Pretender/Dreadlocks bot are all unimportant minions and will die. Devastator and the Fallen need to die/sucked into another dimension to bring a satisfactory climax.

11. PrimePower04

PrimePower04 I got the touch!

ravage doesn't have an alt mode...ravage is just ravage i would put a grand on it

12. Shadow25

News Credits:
    Yeah, but knowing Bay (*cough*Arcee*cough*), he might kill off anyone and anything he wants.

13. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So what's the point of this topic then? Soundwave was always cooler than Arcee.

14. megatronkicksas

megatronkicksas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They all die :bay 

15. Shadow25

News Credits:
    Knowing Bay, that's not out of the question. Except for the Twins, because Bay made them and loves them. And Wheelie and Scalpel, just to piss us off.

:bay  :bay  :bay 

16. Chris B

Chris B Well-Known Member

Optimus Prime- He'll live
    Bumblebee- Save above
    Ironhide- Possible death, but I think he'll survive.
    Ratchet- 50/50
    Sideswipe- Survives
    Arcee- I think Bay's lying, and that she will survive
    Chromia- Death
    Motorcycle Bot #3- Death
    Jolt- I'm thinking death just because I can see Bay not liking the Volt.
    Skids- 50/50. One twins dies while the other survives.
    Mudflap- Same above
    Jetfire- Sacrifices himself.

Megatron- Makes a getaway
    Starscream- Survives
    Soundwave- Survives
    Ravage- 50/50. Could go either way on this one.
    Barricade- Possible death, but also gets away.
    Scorponok- Death
    Sideway- Death
    Alice/Predenter- Death
    Scalep- 50/50 since I can also see him getting away.
    Constructicons/Devastator- Death(s)
    The Fallen- Death

17. Soundwave784

Soundwave784 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

18. jerky123

jerky123 PSN=deadpoolistheman

News Credits:
    I agree 100%.

This is how it SHOULD happen, at least.

19. BDbots72

BDbots72 Well-Known Member

Prime 20%-Definetly not being killed, he will kick a lot of ass, but eventually get overwhlemed
    BB 00%- To much meaning embedded in this character, it would ruin the franchise to kill him.
    Ironhide 30%- He better not be offed, my long time fav, he deserves the spotlight a little
    Ratchet 60%-- High likliehood considering his lack of involvement already evident. Hopely he actually does medical crap this time.
    Arcee 00%- Bay is smart he would not give this away. Some may laugh but his movie made over a billion with box office (> 700 mill), dvd, and merchandise so screw off.
    Chromia 80%- I can see Arcee being the only sister remaining, just to limit all the combining. I have a feeling all siblings can combine in the transformers movie universe.
    Purplecycle-Likewise.
    Sideswipe 15%/B]- Way to slick, plus i can see his bro coming in was GM comes out with another sweet ass car.
    Jolt 70%- Late addy likely doesnt have much to do with the plot, expendable. His death may have left room to keep another more meaningful bot alive.
    Skids 50%- i can see these to ediots going out with alot of gusto in one last heroic effort.
    Mudflap- Same
    Jetfire 80%- I think his death will be quite iconic. I hope he goes out with a flare as he was apparantly once extremely poweful
    Wheelie 100%- Seems to be a traitor, deserves it.

Megatron 25%-doubt they put in the effort to kill him twice
    Starscream 40%-Dog fight with megs
    Soundwave 00%-Gona have a big role, one of few cons that will do so
    Ravage 80%-Same thing as scorpy, except he wont live.
    Alice-Better fucking cut this shit straight out in the editing room.. damn retarded.
    Sideways 60%-quick 1 on 1 vs sideswipe
    Demolisher 80%-Too big, prime will whoop his ass in that scence from the trailer.
    Scorponok 20%- Unique with the burrowing, i would mind him staying
    Devastator 80%-I'll say half the constructicons will get killed.
    Scalpel 20%- Torture brings ppl to theatres, he'll stick around.
    The Fallen 70% Sending his ass back to the stone age.