character repurpose question...toy stand in for a character that has no toy made

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by G1_Cindersaur, Dec 4, 2010.

1. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

This is steelgrave ..which has never been made into a transformer toy...

[​IMG]

universe tankor has the saw like additions to his arm and his head has a similar shape as the steelgrave picture plus he turns into a cyberton tank form like steelgrave is supposed too...

what are your thoughts? I was thinking on getting one of these and swapping the decepticon spark crystal for a predacon one.

2. Seawing

Seawing Lurker of the depths Moderator

News Credits:
    I don't see why it wouldn't work. I haven't tried the spark swap before so I don't know how complex it would be.

3. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

Looks suitable enough to me.

4. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    spark crystal swapped with stinkbomb (from the RID predacon 3 pack)

That was a pain in the ass...you have to decontruct the turret to find out that the spark crystal has a flat edge at the bottom...then find another predacon spark crystal with the same flat edge at the bottom..

anyway...it is done...steelgrave now has a predacon symbol...and stinkbomb is a maximal/decepticon

[​IMG]

the spark crystal used in universe tankor was a BM maximal crystal with a tampoed decepticon symbol atop that one...dunno if they did that as a "maximal originally " tribute or laziness...