Character development

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by piherculis, Aug 28, 2006.

1. piherculis

piherculis Look up once in a while

Hello,

I am starting a new thread because I haven't seen exactly where I could tack this on, so here it goes:

I have been reading the reactions to the leaked picts of the designs and I am becoming afraid, very afraid. Regardless of people's positions on the designs, "love 'em" , "hate 'em" , "indefferent" they are only the beginning. If you think about it, these characters are going to start walking, and talking, and fighting, no matter how they look.

My question to all is, what do you speculate the dialogue will be like? On first contact, should the Cybertronians already know English? Should they know human mannerisms? Would you be bored or bothered if the direction was to show Cybertronians "learning" our culture, i.e. E.T.?

Or if the storyline skipped ahead and assumed they had been studying earth, that the Cybertronians exhibited stereotypes of individual cultures and peoples, i.e. Star Trek with Romulans, Vulcans, and Klingons (not a great example, but you get my drift I hope).

So I don't know if I have a point, but I know that I am afraid, when that first bit of transformer animation and voice leaks, boy howdy will the flames be a fannin'!:eek: 

2. TriBlurr

TriBlurr Who am I?

News Credits:
    Prime will speak Chinese!

3. Methos

Methos ...Hail Megatron

BumbleBee speaks Wreckgar.....sort of.

4. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Hmmmm... You're wondering how the character development will be handled for the aliens in a Michael Bay action film.... Now I haven't read the script, but it's pretty safe to say the time spent on Transformer character development will be when they develop Starscream, Brawl, Megatron, Skorponok, and Blackout from living characters into dead characters.

Hope that helps. :D 

5. IACON

IACON "That's Vector Sigma?" TFW2005 Supporter

Could be, but which dialacte ? Mandarin or kuntanis ?

It is a Michael Bay movie, don't expect to hear TNG dialouges. I mean according to the last leaked script, BB can take a leak....
    :horse: