character development for knockout?

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by gregles, Nov 21, 2011.

1. gregles

gregles quintesson

knockout seems to have gained quite alot of deserved popularity in fandom in a very short time. sadly he has yet to have been central to the story or had any really strong character development. If knockout was to take centre stage in an early episode of season 2 what would you have happen?

lets look at what we know about him so far
    1) he would is bound in some way to breackdown
    2) he is a doctor
    3) he is a car enthusiast
    4) he would happily betray megatron for some personal gain to say starscream or airachnid
    5) he has a very high opinion of himself and measures this by his appearance
    6) he likes to flirt

you could probably think of more. I personally would maybe have his bond with breackdown explored a bit further. with airachnid in trouble for not standing by megs she could call upon/manipulates/bullys/exploit feelings of breackdown into helping her. knockout and breackdowns bond would be stretched and the whole amusing love or hate triangle could be interesting for developing knockouts character. what do you lot think?

2. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    When was it ever said the two were "bound" to each other?

I don't remember him ever flirting...

3. Dargor

Dargor Well-Known Member

He probably refered to "Deux Ex Machina" episode when Knockout complimented Optimus paintjob, in a certain.... weird tone.

4. Cevel

Cevel Well-Known Member

I think he's talking about Knock Out and Breakdown being introduced in the show as a team (a duo, if you will) and wanting that to be expanded upon. You know, like having a flashback to when they met or something.

5. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Well I can see he does have a bit of a character development going on seeing how he begins to be concerned about Megatron's mental condition and such. Maybe it could lead him into trying to get out of being Megatron's target in order to survive with Airachnid and maybe get killed for it. If he is the major character that's going to die he does fit the discription! I mean he is considered part of the main cast! Maybe some episodes may explore how he got his position as medic by using his special flirt talent to good use!:lol 

6. Oberoniss

Oberoniss DOESN'T-EXIST BABBU

News Credits:
    There definitely needs to be more Knockout-Breakdown relationship development. How they met, what they did before Starscream called them out, all that.

7. Sinnertwin

Sinnertwin Banned

News Credits:
    I don't really foresee any real character development for Knockout. He's honestly pretty one-dimensional, but it doesn't make him any less awesome.

8. Shelbo

Shelbo Hur hur

This.

9. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not every character needs to be BW Dinobot, and it's certainly not the funny metrosexual dude that needs to be deep.

10. StarYoshi14

StarYoshi14 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Some backstory would be nice. Like how did a random medic and a former Stunticon become partners.

11. Cevel

Cevel Well-Known Member

I wouldn't say that Knock Out needs character development, but I think it would be interesting if he did get some eventually.

Now that I think about it, he's the only Decepticon in the show whose past we know nothing about. Even Soundwave and Skyquake got a little bit of a backstory (being an early supporter of Megatron and trying to kill Optimus Prime at the Battle of Technar, respectively).

12. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Knockout and Breakdown were like roomies in the Autobot Academy before the war and Breakdown signed up as a Wrecker and worked as a Autobot and Knockout became a medic studying under Flatline (think of the teaching much like the Doomsday Killers in Dexter), eventually Knockout becmae a Con. Breakdown and his wrecker group storm Flatline's lab. Breakdown seeing Knockout there, he hesitates to shoot and eventually Bulkhead, Wheeljack and Ironfist show up to aid Breakdown but instead convinced by Knockout to join the cons Breakdown kills Ironfist which prompts Bulkhead to leave the Wreckers and join Team Prime. Breakdown and Knockout eventually join the Nemesis crew.

Flatline also has not been seen since.

13. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    If that's what he's referring to, I would consider that the car enthusiast part of his personality coming into play, rather than him flirting.

If that's what he's referring to, than I'm not sure how he gets that they are "bound" to each other in any way. They are doctor and assistant, but they don't seem to be any closer to each other than that.

Anyways, as for future character development for Knock Out that I would like to see...Actually seeing him in-action as the Decepticon medic would be nice (same goes for Ratchet). Maybe performing surgery on a fellow con. They could also use that moment to show how well Breakdown is at being his assistant. Pretty much anything to drive home the fact that he's the medic would be great.

14. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Wow nice backstory for them! It can really work as a flashback episode for either Bulkhead,Breakdown,or Knockout!:thumb 

15. Cevel

Cevel Well-Known Member

Meh. It could have just been an unfortunate choice of words.

Well, they seem to work pretty effectively as a team and are very "in sync" with one another during battle, which would suggest that they've been working together for quite a while.

Other than that, yeah, we don't know much.

16. ahunmaster

ahunmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Agree with the first part. It was just word choice that made it sound weird.

Though I do remember that in the first episode they were in, they were not "in sync" during battle. Breakdown ended up taking out Knockout twice by accident. They haven't really fought together in later episodes, so we don't know if this problem has been fixed yet or not.

Overall, I really would like an episode to at least touch on how they ended up working together. Were they best friends? Does Breakdown own Knockout a big debt? Is one of them on the run from someone? I want to know!

17. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I hope season 2 focuses more on the Decepticons in general. I almost always love any episode where the main focus is on a Decepticon character. And I want to see how Orion Pax would interact with them.

18. WingedWeasel

WingedWeasel Well-Known Member

I would think it is pretty obvious given the stunticon lifestyle. Having a pocket medic would probably be beneficial.

19. shadow2879

shadow2879 Banned

News Credits:
    not saying I dont want to see more development for knockout but to be honest his character is a bit one dimensional. On the other hand, I think we will get a lot more character development out of Breakdown before Knockout. Reason being... MECH scanned him and took what they need from him as well as (OP). I for one could see MECH using what they got from these two and creating maybe the other Stunticons at some point maybe and just maybe it would be Breakdown who frees the new Stunticons from MECHS brainwashing and they go out on their own. Just my 2 cents.

20. Snark

Snark Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The only acceptable development for Knockout is for him to go from being gay to being super gay.