Character cameos

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by Kickback, Mar 28, 2008.

1. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    We've had nods (the monsters that were colored like Pretenders, Spike, Carly, Daniel) ... but what would you think if they actually showed a scene on Cybertron and like G1 COSMOS walked by?

Would that be an okay thing, or would it ruin how you view this new show and this new continuity?

Keep in mind, a cameo is "HOLY SHIT, WAS THAT SO AND SO IN THE CROWD?" and not an actual focus episode on that character or even a speaking part for the character. Just a brief cameo.

Just curious. Cuz considering we've seen what we've seen so far, I wouldn't put it past the animators to sneak something in like that.

2. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    Well, the episode descriptions for Megatron Rising parts 1 and 2 mention a Decepticon invasion, which would hint at something more than just the five or six that we've got so far.

If that were the case, it'd be awesome, just seeing things like Reflector clones and generic seekers in the background.

3. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    But what about iconic characters?

Example ... Cybertron scene, there's a battle, BAM Fortress Maximus comes up through the city and opens fire, killing G1 Shockwave.

Wouldn't that, in some peoples' eyes, have a "...WTF" feeling?

4. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd like something less IN YOUR FACE like the Kremzeek, for example a microscope that looks just like Perceptor on Sumdac's lab.

5. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    as long as the cameo character being there doesn't mean that it negates the possibility of an animated version appearing, it's all good. If Animated Shockwave is different enough from G1 Shockwave, then G1 Shockwave can be in the background of every scene as long as he isn't actually named.

6. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

well we had this in Armada right? Strafe, Crosshairs, even Rinox, and in cybertron, g1, optimus prime and such too.

so i don't see why, not put cameos in, even if it is just a walk by. or something like that.

7. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, I'm all for it as long as it doesn't negate the ability for the animated version to be in the show.

8. Brandon

Brandon This is important work.

I was thinking the same thing. If I remember correctly, I think there was even a Fort Max cameo in a couple episodes of Armada(the Hot Shot-Wheeljack back story eps)

I think that stuff like that would be cool. I wouldn't past the writers to do stuff like that, they do seem to have a fondness for past series.

9. Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus Taint of Primus

News Credits:
    As long as G1 prowl doesn't appear and then die like he did in the movie I'll be ok with it.

10. Magelite

Magelite I make stupid look good

I'm up for Cy-kill being incinerated by Megs. Again.

11. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    Judging how the series has been handled so far, I have great confidence that any cameo they decide to put in would be treated tastefully.

12. Razorbeast

Razorbeast With Love and Squalor

I'm all for the cameos!
    I agree with what pretty much everyone has said about it, as long as it's brief but tasteful that would be great.

I wish I had more to say but...I don't :( 

13. General Tekno

General Tekno Self-Styled #1 Lugnut Fan

News Credits:
    Cy-Kill killed by Megatron! Please!

But yeah. So long as the cameos don't hurt the character's inclusion, I'm all for it.

I want some Reflector generic troops. Then we can get a toy and have armybuilders of Reflector drones that can be kitbashed to fit into Universe/Classics.

14. Sokar

Sokar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd love to see them cameo in G1 prime and have a breif soundclip done by cullen for him.

On a similar train of thought, when Megatron gets his new body, he could sound like G1 Megatron while Megatron readjusts his voice processor.

15. swarlock

swarlock Autobot Supporter

Agreed here.

16. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    I dont care either way. this show is not awsum because of the homages. its awsum because its a good story with characters I actually care for.

17. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I'd want to see Skywarp and thundercracker become a part of Starscream seeker army.

18. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I'm all for homages. I love the way they have been inserted so far, and if we did see Cybertron, and homages were used to fill out the crowd, so much the better. It worked great during Armada, I have no doubt it would be every bit as good here.

19. IronicHide

IronicHide MEME GO HERE

I think the moive prequel comics had it just right with the occassional Trailbreaker, Motormaster, and Ironhide alt modes. (And TFA did have a purple t-rex...)

It would make sense, though, if we had a flashback to Sentinel and Optimus at the academy, or Bulkhead and Bumblebee at the Autbot Bootcamp, to have Mirage, Hot Shot, Impactor, etc. walking about in the background.

Or a scene of the Decepticon loss of Cybertron with Blackout, Ravage, Thrust, etc. getting toasted while Starscream and Lugnut argue about something.

There's also the '86 movie examples of Sunstreaker piloting Prime's ship, Hound next to Prime on the ramp, and Arcee dragging a dead Windcharger (or Swerve?) in to a room.

The possibilities are endless. And profitable for Hasbro. I know I'll be suckered for at least one repaint... A bright green BA re-deco called Cybertronian Mode Pipes? Go on, take my money.

20. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    I'm all for Cameos, but background only please. Something like the Perceptor-style microscope for Sumdacs office idea.

Perhaps have some of the G1 Vehicle modes filling spaces in a parking lot?