Character Bios for Animated Season 3 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Nachtsider, Nov 29, 2008.

1. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    That's why there will be no Animated Springer in Animated.

Hey can someone at least color these line art pics to their animation model shown in magazine?
    New Transformers Animated Season 3 Design Sketches

Is it possible or illegal?

2. Maniaxe

Maniaxe Well-Known Member

Deep down I always knew it.

That underneath Lugnut's thick armor and Megatron obsessed processor, beats the spark of a lover! A shakespearean romantic!

Lugnut, Decepticon of Love.

3. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

G1 Cliffjumper of course. And my point was just that all those characters have very similar personalities... brash, speedy, overconfident kids. They're almost all the same character. :) 

As for Rodimus and Hotshot being in Energon... yeah, though in Energon, Hotshot had mellowed considerably, and Rodimus was pretty far from his usual characterization.

Well, Brawn does seem to be some sort of half-track, so one would think he'd be bigger than an economy hatchback. :) 

That said, Bumblebee does sort of stretch out, while Brawn may just condense his form.

But that's besides the point. Prowl already completely mangles any semblance of mass-conservation in Animated. I'm just happy that Brawn is A) below average in size and B) incredibly strong. The fact that he's smaller than Bumblebee is unimportant (though sort of funny).

No. I disagree. Brawn was always a small bot, despite his phenomenal strength... so making him small is precisely part of the charm he has always had. I think it would be inappropriate to depict him as a normal-sized bot. He should at least be short and stocky (though it's unnecessary for him to be tiny).

I agree with your basic point about minibots though. There's no reason why Gears should be smaller than Mirage or Hound, based on their vehicle modes... though as a nod to the "minibot" tradition, I do like the idea of those characters being a little shorter or more condensed-looking.

zmog

4. Julliant

Julliant This space for rent.

Short yes, something below Ratchet or even Prowl's height, but even shorter than Bumblebee? That's a little stretching it. That's my point. He's gonna be tiny as it's already clear he's even shorter than Bumblebee.

5. SMOG

I agree... Brawn should be the tallest of the minibots (excluding perhaps Huffer, and ignoring for now the Wave 2 minis), but still shorter than most other Bots.

Smaller than Bumblebee IS stretching it, though this goes back to the old point that Animated Bumblebee is not G1 Bumblebee, and Animated Brawn is a pipsqueak super-strength. :) 

I know what you mean, but it doesn't really bother me, in as much as I don't really take much in Animated too seriously.

G1... now that's deadly serious!

zmog

6. SilverDragon

SilverDragon YEAH TOAST!

News Credits:
    Well, now we know which part of Ultra Magnus' name is his rank. Optimus Magnus, incidentally, has a ring to it.

Also, Lugnut and Strika being consorts amuses me more than Strika's lipstick. Their love for Megatron brought them together!

*has sudden fanart idea*

7. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Guys, now, we do even KNOW that Brawn is going to show up with Bumblebee? It really doesn't matter that he's shorter than BBB if they never get a scene together.

8. inferno4565

inferno4565 Master of Mudkips

Man, these sound really awesome. I wish I could see what they look like but I wont for awhile. Lucky club members. :p 

Strika and Lugnut eh? Should be interesting...

9. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot You can, you up. No can, no BB.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YES! Rodimus Magnus lol.

10. Julliant

You have a good point, but Derrick (I think it's him, or was it the "source") said he's shorter than Bumblebee. It'd be funny he'd bother to say that if there are no plans for Rodimus's team meeting the Earth bound team and having height jokes.

11. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wouldn't be the first time they refer to another character in a bio, could be just there to give us a idea of his size,

12. Beastbot X

Beastbot X Old skool. In a lot of ways.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's the bio itself. Brawn's "shorter than Bumblebee, and stronger than Bulkhead".

13. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Very nice... can't wait for my issue to get here. And considering Beastbox has his... it should just be another day or so for me. :D 

14. SMOG

God no, please... we have too much of that stuff already. No threesomes! :eek:  :lol 

What I find amusing is that you seem to think that "height jokes" are somehow beneath TF:Animated, and that Brawn's reputation will be horribly denigrated. :) 

zmog

15. Julliant

It's not about Brawn's reputation. He's always been the small guy and even in G1 he's been mocked (at least I think he was....).

It's just terribly cliched and seems to keep on going and going and going. The same joke all the time. Of course I could be proven wrong if (a) the unlikely scenario his height isn't picked on repeatedly, or (b) he doesn't meet Bumblebee, ever.

The problem I have is I foresee a repeat of the small but strong moral-of-the-day. It could just turn out weak like the Prowl's upgrade episode. I don't think it's necessary to force that if you don't portray certain characters as appearing exaggeratedly weak in the first place. Key word is in bold.

Yea it may be a kid's show, but kids aren't that slow and you don't need to dumb it down that much. Ultimately this is all just my opinion.

16. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    Can anyone, who has the latest club magazine, color in the leaked season 3 character sketches according to how the look in color?

17. SMOG

Yeah, I think I can see what you mean. I have no problem with some height jokes at Brawn's expense... especially since he's tough enough to take it. :) 

However, moral-of-the-day message stories are pretty outdated, and can be pretty tiresome. I don't think we need any "big things can come in small packages" lesson stories for Brawn. That would be weak.

I think one of my favourite "short jokes" in a kids' cartoon was way back in ROBOTIX. Anyone remember that one? :) 

zmog

18. Veloxiraptor

Veloxiraptor MoƩ than Meets the Eye

News Credits:
    Got my magazine today. I think the Allspark thread covers pretty much all the vital stuff about the Season 3 teams, but there are a few things I want to add.

Red Alert - The other Autobots stick reasonably close to their prior incarnations, but Red Alert is mostly a new design. OK, you've probably seen the sketch that was leaked of her vehicle mode, which is a blocky sort of Cybertronian ambulance (with no apparent lightbar). In robot mode, though, she has Arcee's proportions, and it looks like the outer shell of the van hangs off of her hips to give her the appearance of wearing a long white coat. She has the vehicle's front as her chest ("nice headlights" indeed) and a big fan-shaped thing on her head that's clearly supposed to evoke a nurse's hat.

Cyclonus - Looks very close to his Universe incarnation with much darker colors. That having been said, I don't think we'll be seeing an Animated toy for this guy for a very long time.

Blackout - I have no idea what this guy transforms into and his techspec offers no hints. He has a vent behind his head and some giant things on his shoulders that could be thrusters, so I presume he's a gunship of some kind. If he's as big as they say, then we might not get a toy of him either!

Spittor - He is dark blue with orange highlights like his first BW toy. His altmode is described as "an all-terrain bipedal walker". Comparing his robot mode to his altmode sketch, he doesn't seem to have all that much of a transformation.

Oil Slick - Looks wicked. Very dark. You can barely see his head inside the glass, but it looks like they toned his nose down a bit from the toy. His lips are outlined kind of like Apocalypse from X-Men.

19. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
  20. slugslinger2004

slugslinger2004 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just got my issue. I haven't checked out this thread until now so I was shocked to see Hot Shot, Cyclonus, Oil Slick and a female Red Alert will be in the show.

I enjoyed the ongoing comic as well :)