character backgrounds from animated

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by sketchprowl, Oct 30, 2008.

1. sketchprowl

sketchprowl freak of nature

We've had a litttle information and seen flash backs on the backgrounds of Ratchet, bumbblebee, Bulkhead and Prime. Has anyone heard anything about Prowls past?

2. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

Not that I'm aware of... maybe in the third season, we'll get to learn more about Prowl? Especially if something from his past catches up with him in the present? It's just a suggestion for the series writers.

3. cbff

cbff Destroyer of Botcon

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Remold Samurai Prowl into Martial Arts Teacher/Master Bludgeon and the story writes itself....

4. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
  5. Lockdown

Lockdown Bootey Hunter

News Credits:
    I'm thinking that Prowl's admission that he didn't finish his Cyber Ninja training in 'A bridge too close' was the first hint of what will be a Prowl flashback story in season 3.

Im really hoping that Optimus gets another flashback explaining why he wasn't admitted to the Elite Guard. I assume (like most I'm sure) that what happened with Elita-1 was part of it I don't think its the whole story since my understanding is that in 'Autoboot Camp' the flashback portion took place not too long after the events in the flashback stuff from 'Along came a spider'. Optimus Prime must have been awarded the Minor rank before getting the Prime rank and it just seems odd to me that if the events with Elita and Sentinel were such to warrant his exclusion from the Elite Guard all by itself that he would have recieved the rank of Minor and Honourably discharged I believe there must be something else that occured after that resulted in him being promoted from Minor to Prime then being discharged.

6. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

Wasn't in the first part of "Transform and Roll Out," that when Optimus Prime called Ultra Magnus concerning the All-Spark, Ultra Magnus warned him to not "be a hero, it's not in your programming"? 'Cause if the incident with Eleta-1 didn't prevent him from becoming part of the Elite Guard, then surely he tried to be a hero during some other incident that got him stuck with being in a repair crew.

7. Lockdown

Lockdown Bootey Hunter

News Credits:
    Yeah its the 'some other incident id like detailed.

8. sketchprowl

I think that after the incident with Elita, Sentinal and the spiders, Optimus blamed himself and took full responsibility for the actions of the group (they weren't suposed to be there in the first place) cos lets face it Sentinal wouldn't of owned up. And because he had been at the acadamy they couldn't have him being the a no rank grunt so they made him a minor and he worked his way up from there.

9. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    im guessing his backstory involves Oil Slick

10. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Considering the IDW Comic is in canon and Oil Slick is actualy part of Ratchet's past, I doubt it.

11. sketchprowl

to recap

RATCHET field medic got captured by Lockdown while trying to rescue Arcee. not sure how he ended up as medic to deep space repair team but I'm hoping someone else might. His past caught up with him in thrill of the hunt when Lockdown arrived in Detroit. l

OPTIMUS PRIME started off in the acadamy had a run in with giant spiders which resulted in Alita one being ( as he thought) off line. Also not sure what happened next although the imagination runs wild. he ends up as the prime of a deep space repair team, where he fights Megatron TWICE

BULKHEAD started on and Energon plantation then went to the autobot camp where he met bumblebee. His biggest abition was to be a space bridge repair bot. His wish came true with a few adventures on the way.

Bumblebee He went to the autobot camp the sametime as Bulkhead, he wanted to be in the elite guard, through a couple of mishaps he got wasp convicted of being a decepticon spy. and to protect bulkhead he gave up his chance to join the elite guard. Ended up on the same repair crew with bulkhead.

PROWL He didn't complete his cyberninja training

12. Lockdown

Lockdown Bootey Hunter

News Credits:

No makes no sense him being discharged as a Minor would make sense if the Elita thing was what got him excluded from the EG but to award him the Minor rank then give him the oppertunity to attain Prime he must have done smething else afterwards to warrent a 'discharge'

13. sketchprowl

maybe.... but in the "Elite Guard" episode sential tries to bribe Prime to take the fall about the Decepticon signal "I can pull a few strings get you back in the acadamy" Could something similar of happen at the enquiry (which undoubtedly took place) into the loss of Alita 1. Optimus would of been feeling guilty enough over the loss of Alita 1 maybe Sentinal played on that to keep himself out of the...Poo

14. Pasaway

Pasaway Well-Known Member

Somehow I'd think Bludgeon would be way too much for Prowl to handle alone. maybe he could reacquire the samari armor and team up with Jazz to take down bludgeon. I think of bludgeon as a very very dangerous free spirit that even Megatron doesn't even try to control or intimidate.

15. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW Spongebob since 2007

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Prowl should be about have Kup as his Master ninja,Riochet,Bluestreak,Smokescreen,Moonracer,Spinger,Wheelie,Hupcap,Infero & Hoist as Ninjas with Red,Blue,Purple & Orange.

16. sketchprowl

I think there is more to Prowl than he's letting on, He apparently didn't finish his cyber ninja training yet he was still able to get out of the stasis cuffs even though, through his own admission he hadn't got that far. it just strikes me as a little suspect that he can do something that he hasn't had training for. he does seem alittle accident prone at times.

17. Admiral Thrawn

Admiral Thrawn Well-Known Member

It'll most likely involve Oil Slick, and he and jazz will team up to stop him.

18. sketchprowl

I'm not sure it will take both of them to tackle Oil slick, Prowl is probebly capable of getting the job done but he'll rely on Ratchet for information, seeing as Ratchet has already had a run in with him.

19. Lockdown

Lockdown Bootey Hunter

News Credits:
    yep you could be right but it still doesnt explain why an event that happened prior to him recieving the minor rank would be the basis of his exclusion from the EG since he obviously stayed at the academy long enough to reach the rank of Prime so........ SOMETHING ELSE MUST HAVE HAPPENED.

On another point folks please pay attention issue 3 of Animated the Arrival (which IS canon) pretty much invalidated Oilslicks toy bio it would be awkward to try and maintain the toy bio with what was done in the comic and lets face it toy bios have a history of being ignored. As such the likelyhood of Oilslick having anything to do with Prowls backstory is pretty slim if this was a direction they wanted to go the story in issue 3 would have been about Prowl it was a perfect oppertunity in Marty had wanted to respect the toy bio but I take it as a clear sign that marty has other plans for Prowl's past that he would like to reveal in the cartoon.

20. sketchprowl

I see your point...when bulkhead asked him why and acadamy bot was in charge of a repair crew(in Transform and roll out) Prime seemed distracted and alittle ashamed. so it sound like he didn't quite finish his acadamy training. and in "along came a spider" no ranks where mentioned so he could (possibly) of been a minor then, along with sentinal.