Changes you'd make to the movie.

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by protocida, Jul 3, 2011.

1. protocida

protocida Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Self-explanatory title. If you could, what changes would you make to the movie?

2. Hellscream15

Hellscream15 Hi... Bl

Longer ending, and make megatron and op's final battle better than all the others and see wheelie and brains at the end

3. Fitch

Fitch Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sentinel would have survived, and be imprisoned sorta like the Fallen was before ROTF.
    Megatron and Prime would have the truce, but Prime questioning how long it'd last.
    Cybertron would survive, though I still question what really happened.

4. transformervic1

transformervic1 HI!

News Credits:
    give shockwave MORE FUCKING SCREEN TIME WITH LINES AND A FUCKING LASER CANNON, NOT A DAMN MISSLE LAUNCHER!

also, i would have kept the twins in, make sure some of the fake-looking human deaths looked real, give robots more screen time, etc.

5. night-skyward

night-skyward Collects animated, mainly

shorter space race opening.. was well shot and worked in but was too long.

same scene as in the comic, paying homage to fallen comrades in the old N.E.S.T HQ.

Sentinel breaking into the vault.

Someone mentioning ironhide's death, either when it happened or later on. eg. the cliché "this ones for..." line.

More fights. you tell us they're off on missions yet show us only one. come on bay, a montage there with some familiar faces would have been good for the story, upped the stakes a bit and would have been a nice nod for the fans.

Optimus cutting himself free... him getting tangled wasn't an issue, the fact he forgot he has swords in his freaking arms was.

Thats about it really i think.. most of these are only small edits as well and just little bits that annoyed me.

6. Barricade24

Barricade24 Decepticop Artist

News Credits:
    Well for the most part I would leave it the same but there are two important things I would change. Instead of all the Autobots vs Sentinel I would throw in a scene where they are all attacking Shockwave. Also give Shockwave more screentime and that Megatron dosen't die so easily.

Did anyone in IMAX see any extended footage?

7. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    Give more dialouge and story behind Barricade.

Have Frenzy raise havoc against brains and Wheelie.

Add constructicons to the final battle.

Have Scrapper as the last Constructicon Optimus had to face before getting to Sentinel Prime and Megatron.

Have Sentinel kill of the Twins and badly injuring Ironhide instead.

Have Crankcase flee from the Autobot confrontation to join the battle instead.

Give Soundwave his visor/mouth piece when he goes to battle.

Display more decepticons with alt modes, rather than mostly protoforms.

The diversion of the wreckers that never happen in order for Prime to get his jetpack.

After the movie is over, introduce every autobot/decepticon that performed in the movie. Kind of like predator films.

8. jntjr2005

jntjr2005 Member

90% robots on screen, 10% humans, no talking/transforming into everything in sight laserbeak, better soundwave, better plot...better cybertron...better everything

9. erjaho0614

erjaho0614 Autbot/Maximal

Definitely these changes, plus add in what Hellscream15 posted.

10. Algernon

Algernon Radicon Acolyte

News Credits:
    -Change Roadbuster's line to "Wreck n rule!"
    -More Wreckers robot mode footage
    -Have Ironhide live, or given a eulogy
    -Closeup shot of Dino, more interaction between him and the others
    -A speech from Optimus at the end like in the first two movies

11. general saberwi

general saberwi legoformer

bear with me, this may take a while.

1. i would have cut out either shockwave or soundwave, so soundwave could be more than a grunt, and shockwave more than a miniboss with no lines

2. i would have done a longer autobot moonwalk sequence.

3. i would have the wreckers do more, like maybe crash the decpticon party in d.c. also, they would have proper southern accent. (roadbuster has a scottish accent. wtf, bay ?)

4. shockwave would be the main villian, and the man behind the man, rather than having sentinal prime switch sides

5. the twins and jolt would show up, but would be shown being killed in action, maybe in some kind of nest montage

6. que and dino would be called wheeljack and mirage, respectively. (thanks again, bay.)

7. ironhide and que would not die, instead being replaced by the twins and jolt. in addition, ratchet would mourn jolt.

8. related to above, but i thought that dino and que did not contribute enough to the movie, so maybe jolt takes on the role of que, and dino assits the humans during the skyscraper sequence.

9. barricade needed more screentime, so he should show up during the d.c. space bridge sequence, maybe commanding a squad of dreads, and again during the final battle.

10. it should have been soundwave who messed up nest headquarters, not sentinal prime.

11. each robot should have had his name over his head, at least during some sequences

12. the biker sisters should have made an appearance, but given how many charecters there already are, this could be problematic

that's all for now, might think up more if i watch it again

12. springerbee

springerbee Well-Known Member

shorter run time, 1hr 50m-2hr total

longer ending to give some closure

more focus on the Autobots to give them some more character development

final battle will be around a half-hour for more robot robot-on-robot fighting

longer Driller and Shockwave battles

Megatron and Shockwave will play a bigger roles

13. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    -One or two scenes where Wheeljack and Bumblebee interact.
    -A moment between Ironhide and Lennox
    -Put the Twins back in for one scene, so that they can be killed by Sentinel along Ironhide, maybe Jolt too
    -Optimus lamenting Ironhide's death, and let it make him more determined
    -Put in the playground scene
    -Let Sentinel question Optimus about the Allspark
    -Cut some of the unneeded human scenes, like the parents after Ironhide's death
    -Replace Wang with Malkovich's character, who sees Sam being there as a chance to thwart the Decepticons
    -After the credits, open with the Chernobyl scene, include a short fight between Shockwave and Optimus. Then roll the Sam bits after that.
    -Show the full invasion of Chicago.
    -Show how they got captured.
    -A longer fightscene between Bee and Soundwave.
    -Cut out most of the building sequence.
    -Show Optimus suiting up into his jetpack.
    -Shockwave claims at least one kill, maybe Dino or Ratchet.
    -Cybertron is teleported back, NOT destroyed.
    -An ending in which all of the deaths are remembered, and maybe have the Autobots do something cheesy like ride off into the sunset before the credits start rolling.

As for MAJOR things I would change:

-Soundwave would control the Decepticons' communication network, making it vital that he's taken out. That way, the Decepticon ships will be send into a brief state of disarray, that the Autobots and humans can exploit to lay down some hurt.
    -Give Shockwave more to do. Redo the Washington scene by letting Shockwave show up there, and him, Sentinel and Starscream betraying Megatron. Then in the Chicago scenes, let him be the one on the building with Sentinel, before going down in his driller to fight the Autobots. Let him kill Epps by blowing out the floor he's on, but still go into battle with Optimus wounded, giving Prime a fighting chance. As for Megatron...
    -Megatron will be made ruthless by the betrayal, and his single goal will be making them pay for their treachery. Make him go on a roaring rampage of revenge, going into Chicago by himself by intimidating patrols to back down or destroying those foolish enough to stand in his way. Let Sam still wound Starscream, but Megatron should be the one to kill him after a short and brutal fight.
    Optimus still kills Shockwave, fights Sentinel, is nearly defeated by him, only for Megatron to come in and get brutal revenge on his master, finishing with an execution. He's about to finish Optimus as well when he sees the Autobots trying to deactivate the bridge, tries to stop them, and that's when the proper final battle between Megatron and Optimus starts. Finishes with Optimus defeating Megatron once and for all (or maybe thrown into the Spacebridge and hurling him back to Cybertron?) and reversing the process, sending their planet back.

The running time should be the same, but with these changes the screentime should be an even 50/50, maybe 60/40 in favor of the bots.

14. protocida

protocida Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    How do you expect to accomplish that by reducing the running time?

15. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    * Cut out half the crap at the beginning
    * Have Ironhide's death be acknowledged
    * Have a Megatron vs Optimus battle that's worthy of being a Megatron vs Optimus battle.

16. kjeevahh

kjeevahh n/a

News Credits:
    nice, very nice

17. ShokWave 44

ShokWave 44 Active Member

- have ironhide's death be agknoledged
    - More Decepticons, they had soooo many chances in this movie but gave us only a few new ones, like that armored truck with all the symbols on it, why wasnt that a tf?
    - Megatron survives
    - Give Shockwave an illogical line and a bit more screen time
    - why is topspin the only wrecker not to talk, have him talk!
    - steeljaw maybe
    - Silverbolt in...whoever he was
    Thats it realy, at first i was thinking change some of OPs lines like "We will kill them all" but considering what just happened this makes total sense

18. jostru

jostru Well-Known Member

You want MORE, BIGGER and LONGER sh*t, but want a... SHORTER runtime? This is hilarious. With the things you just said, the runtime would be even longer.

This is what I would've liked:
    -Have Shockwave actually say something except for "Optimusssss" and have him do more + don't make him go out that easy
    -More Megatron screen time
    -More Megatron-Starscream interaction
    -Someone mentioning Ironhide's death
    -The Twins (and perhaps even Jolt) should've stayed in, just to get killed by Sentinel or someone else
    -Wheelie and Brains should have survived
    -Longer Optimus vs Megatron fight at the end
    -Make Starscream survive OR have an Autobot help during Starscream's death. Sam would still play a big role in his death, but have an Autobot (Ratchet, Sideswipe or even Dino) deliver the finishing blow.
    -Show The Wreckers WRECKING some sh*t! They didn't really do anything that really helped in the fight!

19. Xhairs

Xhairs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    easy less sam more nest and bots fighting. who cares sam cant get a job or his new love. i want action !!!!!!!!!!!

20. FakeEyes22

FakeEyes22 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Right before the final gunshot:

"This is for IRONHIDE!"

*credits*