Changes from theatrical to dvd release?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by kylash327, Oct 19, 2007.

1. kylash327

kylash327 TOOOOOOYS!

News Credits:
    Just curious if anyone has noticed any differences in the dvd version of the film from what was in theaters. I noticed something but im not positive.

After BB shrinks down the allspark adn they are all heading out, there was a quick shot of bumblebee finishing transforming, basically in car mode. In the theater i had remembered we just see the end of the hood going down and finishing transformation. But on the dvd, its his left fender that moves into place. Am i seeing things or was this different in the theater?

2. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

Not different, you're just looking at a different part of the screen apparently. What you actually see at that point is both fenders, the roof, and the hood sliding down into place all at once.

As the guy who went anal-retentive and made a list of changes from the standard to the IMAX version, I've spotted no differences between the DVD and the standard theatrical release. Not even a milisecond splice here or there. The only difference I detected at all was the layer switch when the plate of donoughts gets tossed on the table making the music wait for a split second. That's it.

3. hotrod93

hotrod93 Member

I think there was a milisecond cut were BB rams barricade. he jumps up spins does not hit him. thats what it looks like.

4. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:

Oh Primus, this brings back all the online arguements about the 86 Movie, even after it came out on VHS.

e.g. "I clearly remember Optimus Prime turning to dust after he turned black!"*

*memory confused with Starscream*

5. Dio

Dio Scrapper

I seem to recall the moment when Megs rips Jazz in half - Jazz says "You wanna piece?!" to which Megatron replies (in the theater version) "I prefer pieces!"

In the DVD version he says "How about two?!"

Could just be me being a doofus though.

6. autobotguy

autobotguy Well-Known Member

They removed Sam's "I'm never gonna leave you" line after BB's legs get blown off. I think it makes the whole sceen run smoother. Plus, he doesn't run off to Mikela, then run back and sit awkwardly on that piece of broken up concrete in front of BB.

7. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

In both versions it's:

"You wanna piece of me. You wanna piece?"

"No, I want two!" *RIP*

I have yet to understand why so many people believe they heard Megatron say the word pieces after two.

Sam's line is still there after BB gets blown up, and it's "I'm not leaving you."

And he never got up and ran to Mikela, then came back to the concrete. He always just sat there looking stunned.

Seriously, I have pretty close to perfect memory with movies I've seen once. This one I saw enough times to have any of those weird fuzzy moments completely clear and there are NO differences between the original theatrical release, and the DVD release.

I realize people like the idea of arguing about it, but the differences simply don't exist.

8. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    I just checked since it's in my comp. It's there you must have missed it.

I never saw that once in the theaters. I think you people are tripping out on that one. He and Mikaela are standing there, he makes a move the puts him off screen. There is now way to tell if runs off or just sits there. Mikaela runs off and it shows Sam sitting there. I guess it is awkward but I always assumed when he moved off camera he sat down on that concrete in front of BB.

There is a 99.9% chance that the movie on the DVD is EXACTLY like the one in theater.

9. atlianz

atlianz TFW2005 Supporter

Yeah... I just compared the "cam" version with the dvd release. No changes.

10. Otispq

Otispq Elocution Onymous

News Credits:
    A person I know has a bootleg filmed in the theater, and so I can compare them side by side now, and I haven't seen any of the differences named here yet.. They are all the same. Why would they bother to change those things and not change Devastator to Brawl would be absurd, but we are talking about hollywood here so anything goes eh?

11. moocow

moocow God.

No Megatron said " No, I want two!"

12. Smokescreen

Smokescreen The Ultimate Gambler TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I didn't notice any differences when I watched the DVD. It looks exactly the same to me. But, then again, my memory's not perfect.

13. Supreme Unicron

Supreme Unicron Dutch TF fan

News Credits:
    The funny thing is, Hugo Weaving actually *did* say "two pieces", it just wasn't in the movie

Look here:
    http://www.transformersmovie.com/cctheirwar/transformers_cc.html