Hey folks. What a crazy night. I came home to see a manhole cover near my home on fire. There was a lot of confusion, the firefighters first thought that a transformer (the irony) blew out. Then a Con Ed (local utility) worker said they had to turn off the electricity /gas because some of the wires were to close to the gas lines! I had to evacuate my family to an Aunt’s house. Thank goodness she was home. We are somewhat lucky, my next door neighbor had a lot of carbon monoxide in their house. Some of my neighbors (and my family) still don’t have electricity /heat as the crews are still working on this 8 hours later. Thank goodness no one was hurt or inhaled too much carbon monoxide. Sorry for this rambling mess of a post but I just I thought this would be a good time to remind people to replace the batteries in their smoke/carbon monoxide alarm. It’s a good thing we had one on each floor as one of them went dead.