Change of Heart

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by BeastWars 4ever, Aug 10, 2007.

1. BeastWars 4ever

BeastWars 4ever Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I just sauw the movie a second time (I saw it on July 2nd the first time). The first time, I walked out of the theater very disappointed. I really didn't like it. But I went to see it again this Tuesday. And it was AWESOME! I absolutely loved it! I was blown away. I guess I wasn't feeling good, or something the first time I saw it. Has this happened to anyone else?

2. Yurre

Yurre I want space nachos XD

It Happend to me too... I think the first time was overwhelming as well as I had read the script and compared my take on the script with the actual movie...

Second time though, liked it liked it liked it!!!

Have seen the movie seven times by now :p 

3. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Yeah the first time I saw it and while I enjoyed it the problems it has with the script and directing were so overpowering they were all I could focus on...but the other three times I saw it that week, I was really able to sit back, ignore the glaring fuckups, and just enjoy it for what it is:D  I still plan to go a couple more times!

4. Zombiedude

Zombiedude Junkion Warrior

This is how it went for me:

Going to movie: This is going to be awesome!!
    During Movie: Oh..awww....oww...aweosme!!
    Going out: still cool..kinda wearing off
    At home: Man, there were alot of screw-ups...
    Couple Days later: Wow that was the best movie of the summer.

(I only saw it once)

5. 80Datsun210

80Datsun210 Well-Known Member

I had a similar experience (and I recall a similar reaction for The Two Towers, as well). It was not as completely kickass incredibly awesome as I was hoping it would be, and I was a little disappointed, especially in the (lack of) character development among the 'bots. After the first time, though, I was able to focus on what is there rather than focusing on what's not there, and really enjoy it. Plus, the picture is so dense and action-packed (and with the shaking camera and everything), you almost have to see it more than once just to really see the movie. The more times you see it, the more things you notice, which is a lot of fun. On that note, this discussion forum has added to my enjoyment of the movie too, because other people will post things like "Did you notice...?" that I had missed, then I go see the movie again... :D 

I think the key to really enjoying a movie like this is: don't think about it too hard when it comes to plot holes and continuity and editing errors. ;)  Focus on the good and try to ignore the bad.

6. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This has happened to me with other movies. I think the problem is the first time you don't know what to expect and you are carrying the weight of anitcipation and not really relaxing and watching for entertainments sake.