Change of Heart: It's better than I thought!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by TwilightNero, Feb 17, 2012.

1. TwilightNero

TwilightNero Maximal

Ebay:
    First Dotm figure I bought was LDR BB, and since I bought it (found it a week before release date) I've kept it in car mode, because I thought the Robot mode was terrible. Well moving somethings around I decided to just mess with him a little bit. To my surprise, without the Gimmick backpack, I think it's actually a pretty good figure.

I'm Interested in hearing others stories of TFs that were better than when you first messed with them. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only person who's had this happen to them. lol

2. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Crossdresser Toy Collector

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    For me it's Classics voyager Megatron. I didn't like the idea of having a roleplay alt mode Megatron, but when I got this as it was on sale at my now-closed comic store, I couldn't pass it up. With the wing removal mod, he's really damn sweet!! I actually like the colors but it does make me wish I held off for the Takara United colored one.

3. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    MP seeker mold. I always thought it was kinda ugly. The hip kible drove me crazy. I heard the complaints about it being fragile and it just kept me away. Then the iGear Coneheads came out. I recently got two of the three and oh my good are they great. The alt mode is just as beautiful as the robot mode. I went ahead and ordered Thrust and I'm waiting for MP-11 to come out. I'm hooked.

4. Squints

Squints Well-Known Member

Prime RiD Optimus Prime. The backpack made him look really boxy in pictures, but since I figured I'd never find a FE Optimus for a price I'm willing to pay, I may as well jump on the RiD one once I saw it. I got it home and played around with it, and it turns out it looks a lot better in person; having depth perception enough to discern what's torso and what's backpack helps a lot with that, as does the fact that said backpack is actually pretty flat as far as back kibble goes. I'm still not a huge fan of the weapons, but I've found redeeming factors in both; I took the batteries and spring out of the gun, so now it automorphs but doesn't need to be held in place, and as for the sword, if you keep a hand folded up from vehicle mode and peg in the sword pointing out from the forearm, it makes a reasonable facsimile of actually being an extension of the arm.

5. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The Deluxe/Classics Optimus Prime from the Ultimate Battle 2 pack.

In the beginning, I bought the set because it was cheap as hell & because I wanted the G2 tank Megatron. However upon a little play, I started to like Prime as well, regardless of the fact that everyone under the sun seems to enjoy shitting on how horrible the alt mode is. I just... keep it in robot mode & I've got a decently accurate G1 Optimus with articulation.

6. Kujo1597

Kujo1597 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    For me it's a tie between DOTM Cyberglyph Bumblebee and DOTM Nitro Bumblebee. In my review of Cyberglyph Bumblebee I mentioned liking him more than when I got it but he's grown on me even more since them. The tackyness has grown on me. A bonus is that I have him on the shelf behind Drift doing a "standard but still cool swordsman pose" and the look on his face is like "what the hell is that?!?!" which I find amusing. So I went from hating him to being neutral towards him.

I started off as neutral towards Nitro Bumblebee and I now really like him. I brought him upstairs today and fiddled around with him. There was nothing I found wrong with him. I just didn't feel strongly about him. But after fiddling around with him I started to find him pretty cool.

7. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    The whole Animated line in general. I don't watch cartoons, but picked up a few figures, and thought they were a debacle. But the more I got, the more they really come together as a cohesive group. So I guess it wasnt just messing with one figure.

8. snoopcow

snoopcow Mold hoarder

haters gonna hate, i find the dotm bee quite highly detailed and badass,

more so if you do mods on him

9. TrueNomadSkies

News Credits:
    Hates can hate all they want, but they can't have my demon bee. I never doubted his greatness for a second, and even if I did, I'd be too afraid of being slain in my sleep to admit it.

10. snoopcow

snoopcow Mold hoarder

i use satanbee as my shattered glass movieverse bee haha

11. TrueNomadSkies

News Credits:
    That makes sense.

Actually, mine's been getting pretty friendly with Crankcase lately, so maybe...

12. Billzilla

Billzilla Skepticon

News Credits:
    Dude, good news!

Thrust is totally the best one.

13. TrueNomadSkies

News Credits:
    Fuck you.

I've literally spend months convincing myself that I don't wanna get that, and now I'm having cone envy again...

14. Kujo1597

Kujo1597 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    People hate Cyberfire Bumblebee? I think it's awesome. I have him front and centre on my shelf. He looks so sinister next to the rest of my Bumblebees. :lol 

15. TrueNomadSkies

News Credits:
    Well, I think that one was pretty well received, but Bumblebees are bound to be hated by default, so...

16. snoopcow

snoopcow Mold hoarder

the FE bumblebee is the best ever bee, besides the upcoming leader with gatlings,

he is like rts jazz and moviebee doing a dragon ball Z type of fusion haha

17. TrueNomadSkies

News Credits:
    Hhahaah, someone should take a picture of that. :) 

Fusion... Beee!!

18. Brooticus

Brooticus "You bred Raptors?"

News Credits:
    DotM Laserbeak! Begrudgingly picked him up in a sale for the mechtech weapons, and found myself really liking him. He has a lot of personality going on, and I almost get a transmetal vibe from him.

19. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    ^That reminds me, I still need Laserbeak :) 

For me it's DOTM Sideswipe. My younger son bought one and I thought the toy looked so boring in both modes, but after fiddling with it for a while I began to enjoy the articulations and was impressed when I found out his feet can be transformed in 2 ways.

20. Billzilla

Billzilla Skepticon

News Credits:
    [​IMG]
    WE ARE THE ONES WHO DO THE FUCKING.