Change of address issues

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by xanthax, Jul 28, 2010.

1. xanthax

xanthax choppaface

News Credits:
    Has anyone in the US ever had any problems with doing so? I moved to a different town at the end of June and am having issues getting mail. Packages arrive alright from UPS, but I can not get mail.

My mail seems to get sent to me, get lost along the way, then get sent back. I figured I just wasn't getting any mail until I noticed I had not received a single Netflix movie since I moved. I did the address change over the phone with a rep at USPS. They charged my card the $1.00 fee and I thought that was that.

I talked to my post office here and they said to make sure I put my name on the mailbox with my roomates' names and that should help. I also called and put in a ticket with USPS about this. They said they would have an answer for me within 48 hours. They called me two days later and asked me a few simple questions. Then the lady said she was going to close my ticket since she had helped me. I told her that in no way had she helped me and that I did not want my ticket closed because she had not changed anything to get my mail to me. She told me that I needed to wait the full 12-14 business days for the change of address to go through. I stated that it had been over three weeks. She then said to go ahead and wait the entire 14 days and hung up on me.

I'm kind of at a loss here. I've changed all my addresses with all my bills and everything that would be sent to me to my new address too, but I still don't even receive those. I live in a house with no neighbors around, so its not like someone is stealing my mail or its going to the wrong address. My roommates receive mail without issue every day.

Anyone got any ideas or suggestions? Anyone gone through something similar to this before?

2. Cavshock

Cavshock Well-Known Member

You may have filled it out incorrectly, it shouldn't take that long for a change of address to go through.

Chuck

3. bouncing boy77

bouncing boy77 Syntax Error

4. xanthax

xanthax choppaface

News Credits:
    Thanks for the response. I called the guy at the local post office and he said not to fill out another change of address form. He said he'd keep an eye out and see what was going on and call me back Friday with his results.

5. red4

red4 Banned

I've had an equally annoying issue where a police erroneously wrote me as the the driver at fault in his report of a crash I was involved in. I was rear-ended on the freeway. It was in no way my fault. The other driver's insurance company acknowledged this fact. But then my insurance company started charging more because their record of the police report indicated I was at fault. Then I had to go to a police station, and buy a freaking copy of the report. The report I got was correct - it said I was not at fault. So I made a copy and gave it to my insurance company. They brought the payments back down. But apparently DMV still has the erroneous report; so who knows how much money I'm going to have to pay. I just wish the administrators and police officers who caused the error would step up and pay for my expenses.

6. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    I've run into change of address problems every time I've moved. No matter how many people/organizations you contact to indicate that you've mailed, there are always like 2-3 that completely miss the memo (and the 2nd memo, and the 3rd) and keep mailing it to your old addy.

7. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    never had any issues with change of addy.

but, i have had this recurring nightmare that it is so easy for an extremely pissed off ex (gf/wife/WoW partner) could just go to the post office and ruin my life for the next 6 months to a year just filling out the form for me and having my mail forwarded to some town in Utah, lol.

8. xanthax

xanthax choppaface

News Credits:
    Wow, that sad and hilarious at the same time.