Chances of deluxe universe Jazz?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by NeoZeRo35, Oct 4, 2008.

1. NeoZeRo35

NeoZeRo35 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Sorry if this has been discussed before, but like the title says, what are the chances of us seeing universe/classics deluxe Jazz? Jazz has always been my favorite character, but I've heard some complications regarding Hasbro and them not making him because they have Jazz in the animated line? Is this correct? I'm not really familiar with their reasoning. Does this mean there's a small chance we'll have classics deluxe Jazz in the future (hopefully sooner than later), or not at all?

2. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    I'd say good chance we'll get him. Hasbro did say they didn't want similar figures out at the same time but there seem to be exceptions. I mean henkei Ratchet is coming I know it hasn't been announced by hasbro yet, but it's innevitable.

Best bet would be to announce him after TFA Jazz has run his course

3. unicronsupreme

unicronsupreme supremest of unicrons

News Credits:
    I would like to believe that Jazz and Wheeljack are inevitable, but I would also not be surprised in the least if they never happen.

4. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    i sincerely hope they do...jazz and wheeljack were 2 of my favorites in G1 season 1/2...the best G1 era..i think there's a good chance we're gonna see jazz...wheeljack, i hope so

5. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    I don't think they'll miss Jazz in all honesty, he's too big a G1 character to miss out. Like people have said, I suspect they'll wait a few waves till Animated Jazz is out of the way, so we'll probably be looking middle - back end of 09.

I also wonder if he'll be a new mold entirely, or a retool of Prowl...

6. darthgordy

darthgordy Well-Known Member

Jazz was the one toy I always wanted as a kid and never got. Until a bigger one comes out I recommend you get the Universe Classic Legends figure if you haven't already- I bought one a week ago and have already given in to the urge and opened it, and bought a second to keep in the packaging. Given the size it looks very like the original G1 and the face is particularly well detailed. And only a few bucks/pounds!

g

7. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    expect maybe 2010 we'll get Jazz at the least.

make a dlx blitzwing idw version. :) 

8. MetroBoy

MetroBoy Keeper of the Cheese

Trailbreaker would be sweet to. I could see them retooling the new Ironhide mold for him.

9. Glitcher

Glitcher Banned

News Credits:
    *sigh* It's another one of those "Will we get a Classics [insert name here]?" threads. If the line lasts long enough, I'm sure we'll see more than just Jazz in the future.

10. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Fingers crossed that we are going to get him at some point because even if you can name some nice things about Animated or Movie Jazz they just aren't the same as what a Classics/Universe Jazz could be.

Honestly I don't see Hasbro is dragging it's feet on Jazz since everyone with an Autobot collection is wanting to add Jazz to their collection and we got a lot more Jazz as a character back in the old G1 days than we've gotten out of both Animated and Movie Jazz combined.

I think we should see him at some point it would just be nice if Hasbro could at least tell us he was on the to-do list even if it was late next year or something.

11. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    *sigh* It's another one of those "Glitcher" posts.

Hmm, not nice, is it?

I seem to recall Hasbro saying around the time that Classics 1.0 ended that they wanted to do a few figures like Galvatron, Sunstreaker and Jazz if the line ever returned. I am hoping that we'll get one once Animated Jazz is out of the picture.

And I still live in hope of a good Wheeljack. Energon Downshift doesn't count.

12. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    QFT

E. Downshift holds a place for a real Classics version for me though

13. chaosbringer_00

chaosbringer_00 I am indescribable.

I'd like to think there's a good chance, but not for a while, for the reasons everyone's mentioned. I think a remold of Prowl would work perfectly: just give him a new head and a more angular front bumper.

The Autobots just aren't the same without good ol' Jazz.

14. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:
    Eventually we'll see him.

But for now it's kinda like a way to emberse the convention one on resale value, while letting animated one run his course till repaint. I'd wait till after both of those have been out for a year before I'd expect one.

15. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I'm guessing Hasbro want to do all the Autobot cars in Classics sooner or later. We're about 8 away from the set now - Jazz, Trailbreaker, Wheeljack, Grapple, Hoist, Red Alert, Skids and Tracks.

Jazz could be an easy redeco of Prowl, with a new head, or a new design.
    Trailbreaker would work as an Ironhide redeco, or as a new mold. Make him a flatbed truck with the truck bed cover incorporating weapons like Dropkick from the Movie line, and that gives you an easy out to make Hoist. Hoist could have different weapons, turning into a different truck bed, and a new head.
    Wheeljack would need to be a new mold I guess, but he's seen a lot of use, enough to be one of the "B" list Autobots most likely. I'd say he is a matter of when rather than if.
    Grapple is an obvious remold choice from Inferno.
    Skids is a possible redeco of Ironhide. The head would need to be changed, but the truck modes match up near enough.
    Red Alert is a good choice for a Sideswipe redeco.
    That leaves Tracks, he'd be a nice choice for a triple changer, even if some liberties were taken to make more of a jet mode of his flying car. Overdrive of the Omnibots would be a possible redeco, bit leftfield, but they're both flying cars at the end of the day.

I think if the line were to run another year then most of these could happen. Even if the rest ended up as exclusives.

16. Kimmer

Kimmer Well-Known Member

i dream of the day when i can look at my collection and see all my g1's have a classics/universe counterpart. wouldn't that be sweet?

17. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    I don't know we've seen a lot of Jazz's recently so I'm hoping we see other G1 characters represented to be honest.

18. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'd be happy with at least the first three. Do those three and a legends two pack of Gears and Windcharger. That'll finish off the crew of the Ark!

I'd love an all new Trailbreaker mold as opposed to a repaint/remold of Ironhide. He needs his own mold. Skids is a better choice for a 3rd version of the Ironhide mold.

And I certainly hope Red Alert and Grapple will show up too

19. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Question is if we get a Classics Jazz, will we get a Targetmaster Ricochet repaint, I'd say yes, but that's just me.

20. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    More characters are faaar more worthy(if you will) of being in the new universe line(or classics2.0) to name some trailbreaker,wheeljack,warpath,and beachcomber just to name a few though I'd be all over jazz and view him as a nice add on to this line.