Chances of a DECENT Lego/TF crossover?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by MegaMoonMan, Jan 7, 2007.

1. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Let's pretend BTR never existed. Not hard to do, really.

With the movie coming up, what do you think the chances of a good Lego/TF crossover will be? There are some VERY awesome Lego creations out there, and some aren't even that complex, so the concept is entirely feasible.

Are there any legal/licensing/trademark issues anybody can think of that can't be overcome?

I've been wanting this FOREVER. BTR was like a slap in the face to me.

2. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    That would be super neat to have an official LEGO / Transformers toyline, but I just don't see Hasbro giving a rival toy company more business.

3. MegaMoonMan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Wasn't BTR actually produced/contracted by another company?

If not, Hasbro really needs to give up and let the experts do it. A joint venture by both would mean money for both, no?

4. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    FWIW, Energon BTR was a lot better than Armada... but still well short of Lego standards.

I'd love to see TF Movie Legos. What other movie franchises has Lego done besides Star Wars?

5. LadyStarscream

LadyStarscream Queen of Cybertron

I like all the BTR stuff, but yes the Energon was much better than Armada.

As for TF movie Legos, they already make them, they are called Bionicles. :lol 

Lego has also done Harry Potter, Spongebob and Batman off the top of my head.

6. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    The only other one that I can think of is Harry Potter. I'm a fan and I have a couple of the sets. If they could do it right, lego versions of the movie TF's would be awesome. I would definetly consider getting a lego Ratchet if they could do it right. Peace out.

7. BowB4Prime

BowB4Prime arse dimples

leave my bionicles out of this...well now that ya mention it tho, im gonna have to pull em out and dust them off and see what i can do

8. Gen. Magnus

Gen. Magnus Everything is Awesome

News Credits:
    I know this has nothing to do w/ TFs really but when looking at Legos today, I saw a new lego set that is one of those 'build 3 things' kinda sets. The main thing on the front of the box was a grey (with blue and red highlights) jet that would easily pass for Starscream.

9. Gen. Magnus

Gen. Magnus Everything is Awesome

News Credits:
    They also have the Avatar license.

10. MegaMoonMan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    I bought that yesterday and I was thinking the exact same thing! It's actually white, and upon putting it together I think it would make a good Jetfire as well.

I bought it with the express intention of rebuilding it into a Starscream TF, but there aren't nearly enough joint parts to pull it off.

It's a very nice kit anyways. It has retractable landing gear, and you pull a lever on the back to extend and retract the wings.

11. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    Yeah and Bionicle is freaking awesome D: Megatron as a Kanoka launcher?! Hell yes! If Lego put out a Bionicle set that was even CLOSE to the quality of the Movie TFs then I'd be really surprised.
    I honestly wouldn't mind seeing Lego do a small half year line of Transformers, it -can- be done, no question, its just a question of Hasbro and Lego getting together. The people who design the sets and make most of the decisions for Lego are based in Denmark, whereas Hasbro's big guns are located in the US. You'd have to get those two groups to talk to each other before anything else could be settled, otherwise its just deciding who gets what percentage of sales, and how Lego markets them without screwing it up legally through copyright issues.
    And for the record people, the line is called Bionicle (Biological Chronical), there's no such thing as "Bionicles" :rolleyes2  Heck, they're not even robots XD
    DN

12. PakiroVah

PakiroVah Hasbro's Slave

Hmmm, Turaga Nuju interacting with Mini-Cons would make for an interesting crossover.
    BIONICLE Lesson: For all you retards out there, Nuju speaks in beeps like a Mini-Con

13. Dinobot Nuva

News Credits:
    Nuju's bird speak FTW!
    If they did do the crossover or even a side line, I'd like to see how Greg Farshety (writer for the Bionicle comics and novels) would handle the TFs. Furman+Farshety is like the ultimate tag team combo.
    DN

14. ambushbug74

ambushbug74 Stroke me, Stroke me! TFW2005 Supporter

Didn't Lego make Spiderman movie sets, before MegaBlocks got the license?

15. Dinobot Nuva

News Credits:
    Yes, they did make some, usually sold under the "4Juniors" (same scale as the crazy Jack Stone line) or "Lego Studio" (regular size minifgs) banner from what I can remember.
    DN

16. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    BTR was Hasbro's attempt to get into the building market. It failed. Since Hasbro owns Transformers, they could liscence LEGO for the building related items. It could be a sweet deal for Hasbro since they would get the liscense fees and probably a percentage of the sales. Basically no financial risk to themselves. They would probably get final approval rights so the quality is maintained.

Unless there is a deal already in place and LEGO is working in secret, there won't be sets for the movie.

I did pick up BTR, mainly just for the heads to use w/LEGO pieces.

17. blueandwhite

blueandwhite Well-Known Member

LEGO has done alot of licenced products, including Spiderman, Harry Potter, Batman, Star Wars and a few Nick cartoons, however none of these lisences belong to a rival toy company. I can't imagine LEGO wanting to pay Hasbro the arm and leg they would undoubtedly demand for this one when they stand to make even more money with some of their other licences.

18. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

I want a Lego Transformers video game.

19. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Have you guys seen the new Piraka (not really new), Inika and Barraki sets? Bionicles look nothing like the movie TF's, not even the old ones.

First off, you cannot begin a sentence with "And". Second, We're not refering to the sets as characters, just as products, so "Bionicles" is okay. Third, yes they are part robot, but mostly organic (sorta like having metal skin).

20. Boardwise

Boardwise is scary - Sig Killer - M Super Mod

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Oh God... Bionicle.

*Has flash backs to OTFCC 2003*