Championship Contest: #1 Omega Supreme vs #1 Metroplex

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by OptimusSolo, Apr 6, 2009.

?

Championship Contest: #1 Omega Supreme vs #1 Metroplex

Poll closed Apr 11, 2009.
  1. Omega Supreme

47.7%
  2. Metroplex

52.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. omegagoalie

omegagoalie Cybertronian Puckstopper

Ebay:
    Your replies are like someone refusing to admit 2+2=4 :) 

2. Evil Porkchop

Evil Porkchop Pork, the evil white meat

I have no preconceived notions of anything in these battles. At this point I am done arguing though. I have made my points that I consider valid at to why Metro wins, and you (Kryptofred) have made your points as to why you consider Omega the winner. I'll let omegagoalie and others carry the debate from here on out.

I will say this though, part of the problem is all the different fictions that people can pull from to determine the winners of these battles.

3. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

It might not say it but I clearly implies Omega armour would take damage from a nuke, where are Metroplex would be merely scratched.

I mean really if your going to go with that argument I’ll go with the one that say Metro can lift 700,000 tones not that its his limit, his limit could b 100 times that, it doesn’t say any where its not. So he could in that case just smash Omega to bits.

The claws griping and crushing power can really be called in to question and him actually be able to get the leverage needed to rip any part of metroplex is really doubtful. Plus the fact generally you do need to things to grip with at the end of your arms to really rip anything effectively.

Also while Omega is doing all this melee metroplex could just charge up the antimatter projects and slag him.

I mean really Metroplex is just going to wast Omega with the anitmatter porjects before it gets any where near a melee fight.

4. omegagoalie

Ebay:
    Smog is out trying to recruit people to register and tip the vote:p  I'm on to you guys....:sly2: 

5. PyroniusRex

PyroniusRex Banned

News Credits:
    Why wasn't Trypticon in the contest?! He would'a whooped both of them!

Omega Supreme has my vote.

6. omegagoalie

Ebay:
    Trypticon?? Metroplex OWNS him. I want what you're smoking:p 

7. trebleshot

trebleshot www.Toyark.com Veteran

News Credits:
    Although I agree that Trypticon should have been included with Metroplex, Trypticon was from season 3, which was outside of the scope of this tournament. Unfortunately, I believe Metroplex was one of the few errors that Solo made when he originally seeded the tournament, since he was season 3 as well.

Even if he was, there is plenty of evidence to back up omegagoalie's summary of a Metro/Trypto fight. Maybe a future tourney can be made up of just combiners and "citybots" like Metro, Trypto, Fort Max and Scorpy. Sort of a clash of the titans, if you will. Minus Harry Hamlin, of course.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2009
  8. omegagoalie

Ebay:
    Let's pretend Trypticon was in the contest. He faced Sliverbolt, who flew in his mouth and took him out from the inside. Just like in the cartoon:p 

9. kryptofred

kryptofred super-con

Ebay:
    I agree with you two fold. We're not going to sway each other, and there is too much media involved. However, I still enjoy the banter, and without all the conflicting media we'd've just declared a winner two months ago. Or 25 years ago ;)  . BTW, didn't mean anything with the "preconceived notions", hope I didn't offend. Good night sir!

I believe Omega'd be hurt by the equivilant of a nuke, but it was suggested he'd be destroyed by it, and that just isn't what the bio says or implies.

I have no problem with the argument that Metro is stronger than has been stated in this forum, in fact I agree that he is (although 100x is more than I'm willing to consider). But Omega is off-the-chart strong too, and I don't agree tech spec's should be ignored simply because someone is bigger, or it seems likely, or "he was intended to be...".

The claw thing can be debated. It probably has more articulation in "real life" than the toy has. Clearly every G1 charactor had more articulation than their toy counterparts. I can see the prongs bending back so the "palm" could connect solidly, or them straightening out so the sharper tips strike first. I can see one prong sliping though a joint or a damaged piece of armor then grasping and pulling using the "stub" arm for leverage. They just appear more usefull in a fight than ordinary hands.

10. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Toy Designer

Omega. FFS, he's the last line of defense for the Autobots. I just can't see him being taken down by another Autobot.

*Waits for something to argue against*

11. omegagoalie

Ebay:
    He WAS the Autobots last line of defense. Now it's Metroplex.

12. spikex

spikex Nightbird is my bitch

Boy, reading this thread is sure a rollicking good time. I am surprised at Omega's comback

13. omegagoalie

Ebay:
    Me too...I smell conspiracy...:inquisiti 

14. cleazer

cleazer Lost in the lights

News Credits:
    Interesting that the final is turning out to be one of the few close contests in the tournament.

Still 3 more days to vote. It's far from over.

15. kryptofred

kryptofred super-con

Ebay:
    Holy Crap! Does this thing really go till Saturday night? I'm not sure I can take it!

16. omegagoalie

Ebay:
    That makes two us bossman!

17. Starscream2008

Starscream2008 Megatron sucks!

I believe that OS has the goods to win this fight. I would say that since he was built for fighting, instead of a support baseformer, and this gives him the edge. He obviously has a lot more experience, and can do it. Come on Omega for the comeback!

18. omegagoalie

Ebay:
  19. Brutus

Brutus Autobot

Omegagoalie,

When I was little, I owned Metroplex and Bruticus and they were roughly the same size (Metroplex was fatter, not beefier). What is shown in the end of that commercial isn't Bruticus standing next to Metroplex.

I also had the Omega Supreme toy and he was bigger than Metroplex.

- As for the competition:

Omega Supreme is all armor, firepower and strength. Metroplex is an intelligent city with defenses. This is the fight of the Unstoppable Force meets the Immovable Object. In this case, I think Omega Supreme wins because he built to never fail in battle. Metroplex was built to be a city (A small city).

Analogy: You can put guns on a 747 passenger plane, but it's still a passenger plane and it isn't going to take on a real fighter jet.

20. omegagoalie

Ebay:
    As any G1 fan knows, the scales of the toys were hardly accurate to the cartoon. Ultra Magnus for example is bigger than most combiners. Of course it'd be impossible to have a scale accurate Metroplex toy as he'd be 6ft tall and cost $2000 dollars. The toy sizes are irrelevant Brutus. Everyone seems to either forget, or just maybe plain don't know, but YES Omega was built to be the Autobot last line of defense. BUT Metroplex was built to TAKE OMEGA'S PLACE as the last line of defense.
    YouTube - G1 Teletran II files - Metroplex/Trypticon
    Here educate yourself:popcorn 

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.