Championship Contest: #1 Omega Supreme vs #1 Metroplex

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by OptimusSolo, Apr 6, 2009.

?

Championship Contest: #1 Omega Supreme vs #1 Metroplex

Poll closed Apr 11, 2009.
  1. Omega Supreme

47.7%
  2. Metroplex

52.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Toy Designer

Phew, this thing is finally over. Was just getting boring since the semi's. And all cult members are reminded to ensure they obey the cult leader.

2. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

Har! For almost 14 years now, so "girlfriend" is maybe an understatement.

So please tell Omegagoalie to stop hitting on me. :) 

That sounds like something Scotty would say. Probably a saying our parents would remember, but which died out for the most part.

It was fun. And certainly some spirited argument, but no real flaming. I can only think of one incident of someone actually getting their toes stepped on, and it smoothed out nice. Not bad. :) 

zmog

3. OptimusSolo

OptimusSolo Tournament Master

News Credits:
    Haha how ironic that I was out of town yesterday for the finale!! I am very please that the last battle was also one of the closest.

Congrats to our first Champion: Metroplex

To all of you who made this so much fun; Smog, Sto, KrazyKarl, Omnus, Pravus, Krypto, Treadshot, Omegagoalie, cast, evil porkchop, and to all the others that participated...THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Wow, 151 total votes in the last round is awesome.

I am glad you all humored me and turned what was a small idea into such a fun and entertaining month or so.

and now, please stay tuned for what I promise will be a bigger and better 2nd Tournament coming soon to a thread near you!!

4. omegagoalie

omegagoalie Cybertronian Puckstopper

Ebay:
    So how long do we have before the next saga begins? I need to know how much time I have to get my SMOG BUSTER sig ready:D 

5. Sage o' G-fruit

Sage o' G-fruit Critics gonna critique

News Credits:
    I think a Unicron Trilogy contest would be awesome!:D 

6. Orion_Prime48

Orion_Prime48 Super Sentai Purist

News Credits:
    I have to agree with this it would be cool to pit all those diferent characters against each other

7. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

Hey a name check, cool, congrats on organzing this thing, I think I would have gone mad trying myself.

7 votes in it, nice and close as a final should be. In these games always bet on the "city" bot. Can't wait to see how it plays out next time.

On and Smog, if it no Metroplex we might as well just hand the win to Omega and save a lot of time for us all, even though I was against him this time he'd take apart any other TF in this torny.

8. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    Yes! Except no Unicron or Primus, they're the gods of good and evil pretty much, so they'd win. Anybody else is fair game.

9. Evil Porkchop

Evil Porkchop Pork, the evil white meat

I would just say for the next contest, even though the city-bots/combiners are out. I think it would be interesting to have the gestalts components in the tourney. Seeing Hot-Spot vs. Onslaught or Blades vs. any Stunticon would be cool.

10. omegagoalie

omegagoalie Cybertronian Puckstopper

Ebay:
    Yeah I had the same idea. I think it'd be cool.

11. OptimusSolo

News Credits:
    Thanks for all the suggestions!

The next tournament was finalized a couple weeks ago and now I am just trying to decide when we will start it...

As for the Unicron Triology tournament it will have to wait until the 3rd or 4th tournament. As I said the next one is another G1 tournament that I think people will love and is finalized. Whether we go with a Unicron trilogy one after that or a Beast Wars/Machines one I have yet to decide!

12. Evil Porkchop

Evil Porkchop Pork, the evil white meat

I'd say start it May 1st, but that's just me. Give people a few weeks to charge the "argumentative batteries"

13. LifePincher

LifePincher BBTS is the SOURCE!

I'm not voting again unless Fortress Maximus is in it J/K :lol 
    Very good job Han.

But it would be nice to see all the Combiner Bots go at it-----Quick contest, but fun.

14. Omnus

Omnus needs more time TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Not splitting any hairs here (or rather finishing out any arguments, since I only have a little more time available today than yesterday.

I actually had that done the day before (and also accidentally lost my references as previously noted), but was finding the site taking to long to access due to the (temporary) invasion of the seibertron.comians (or however you would designate those who frequent that site).

I wouldn't have thought it that difficult for others to do exactly what I did (finding the constants was the hardest part) since the methodology for the calculation was from high school chemistry.

Of course, that's really me just not taking others' thought processes into account. I have an easier time remembering those kinds of things. I don't remember most people's names unless I say them or hear somebody else say them at least twice a week. Remembering what someone else was wearing, like some people do? Not a chance!

I didn't check for either of those, since I didn't see it as necessary for the calculations that I was attempting.

I got the info for the calculation on Little Boy and Steel and did that one since there really wasn't anything to do for calculations with Omega's plasma blaster as the only description we got of it's abilities was the pulverizing of that huge steel block.

Based on what I was assuming for the definition of 'pulverizing' the steel block, I would have had to conclude that Omega's plasma blaster was stronger or the same if Little Boy had insufficient energy to get to the melting point of the block or not getting much further than melting it.

Of course, since then I've recalled that the effects of cloud-to-ground lightning could be accurately noted as an instance of plasma pulverizing things. I have no idea how I could've carried out calculations going down that route, though, especially since the pulverizing effect of that form of lightning isn't widely recognized anywhere.

No, just an incident that cost me a friendship.

Heh.

I don't think I'm likely to be fighting any dogs again. That particular dog was the only one among the medium and large breeds that's ever not liked me, and I have absolutely no idea why that is.

Okay, I know the Batman discussion was a big thing before with Sto in a previous thread, but is this in reference to any particular Batman incident or just that whole discussion about the Batman mythos?

AFAIK, the profiles that Budiansky turned in to Hasbro were the way they were shown in the MU profiles. Somebody in Hasbro would've had to have assigned the numbers then.

We've never gotten a full picture of exactly how things ran back in those days, though. Some details have been left out, some are imprecise, and some just flat out contradict each other.

That's just what happens when people don't think it's important enough to record exactly what's going on. Human memory just isn't up to the task of keeping all the details of everything people do.

Well, I wasn't participating to receive thanks from anyone, but it is much appreciated.

Well, I'm among many others in wishing to express my thanks to you for organizing this, as I did enjoy the experience when I could.

Looking forward to it, and hoping I'll have the time to participate in it at least as much as I did for this one (although I really have no idea).

I'm going with omegagoalie in saying that was something I had anticipated and was looking forward to seeing.

15. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

Well I'm originally from New York city, I've been in retail Home Improvement for the last 12 years.So I deal with in the "trade" as well.

And I have worked as a plumbers apprentice when I was very young.And I have head it plenty of times.

But the first time I heard it was on Star Trek.

But you guys look so good together:gen069: 

Then I must hang out with old people.

16. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

If anyone deserves that moniker, it might be Omnus. You're just the cheerleader, dude. ;) 

I would have nothing to contribute to that contest. My TF know-how pretty much burns out after G1.

Oh yeah... that would be a pretty sure bet. I voted for Omega, but I knew that it would be a close one between these two.

Yeah, I was looking forward to this too... I think the voting will be faster and less heated, since the characters are lower profile, but these are the kind of bouts I love, much more than the "Clash of Titans" type matches.

Heh... I don't happen to have a high school chemistry text kicking around. Try digging some formulas out of your brain that you haven't had any reason to think about for over 15 years... not easy. I have no clue how to convert kilojoules to newtons to psi to Ghz... I never did! I was a Fine Arts major, y'know! :) 

We all have our strong suits. Leave it to me to remember the Laws of Drama. ;) 

Yeah, I was looking all over for documentation of various comparable energies, but even when you do, they're rarely measured using the same terminology. Your evidence certainly points to some conclusions about the power of the Plasma Cannon, though the jury's still out. Of course, with the voting as close as it was, it's hard to say if many bothered to consider that aspect either way.

Ouch, that's gotta suck. And there's a line between "not liking you" and "trying to tear your throat out"... sounds pretty scary.

No sorry... that was just a joking jab at the The Dark Knight... Batman, the supreme man, master of foresight and preparation, gets attacked by a rottweiler and it really messes him up. He decides he needs to be better prepared next time and upgrades his armour. So what happens? Not only does he get attacked by a dog again... BUT IT'S THE SAME DAMN DOG, and he's still no better prepared to deal with it. Batman sucks. :D 

:lol  That cracked me up, man!

Hm. That, or starship engineers from the future. ;) 

zmog

17. OptimusSolo

News Credits:
  18. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

:thumbs2: 

Who also happen to be old:dunce 

19. duragrip

duragrip Banned

G1 Omega Supreme is pound-for-pound the best. He was the original last line of defense.

20. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it!

News Credits:
    Q. What is a "Zombie Thread"?
    A "Zombie thread" is any thread that has not had posts in some time, usually a year old or older, that has post that brings it back to the top of the forum. We usually frown upon the practice of bringing back old threads unless there is new information to be added.

Please don't bring back threads from yesteryear... especially as old as 2009!!
    Thanks, mpl

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.