Championship Contest: #1 Omega Supreme vs #1 Metroplex

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by OptimusSolo, Apr 6, 2009.

?

Championship Contest: #1 Omega Supreme vs #1 Metroplex

Poll closed Apr 11, 2009.
  1. Omega Supreme

47.7%
  2. Metroplex

52.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OptimusSolo

OptimusSolo Tournament Master

News Credits:
    CHAMPIONSHIP CONTEST

#1 Seed Omega Supreme vs #1 Seed Metroplex

Voting ends at 10:00 pm(CT), April 11th, 2009.

BRACKET LINK:
    http://www.geocities.com/cartoonsshowdown/ttourny2.mht

Tournament History

How they got here:
    Omega Supreme defeats Rumble: 21 to 5
    Omega Supreme defeats Ramjet: 53 to 8
    Omega Supreme defeats Grimlock: 51 to 18
    Omega Supreme defeats Optimus Prime: 68 to 33
    Omega Supreme defeats Predaking: 79 to 36

Metroplex defeats Ravage: 37 to 15
    Metroplex defeats Skywarp: ? to ?
    Metroplex defeats Soundwave: 58 to 16
    Metroplex defeats Galvatron: 59 to 28
    Metroplex defeats Megatron: 85 to 40

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

OMEGA SUPREME

ALLEGIANCE: AUTOBOT
    FUNCTION: DEFENSE BASE

"Unyielding resolve has no conqueror."

Profile: Omega Supreme is the ultimate defensive force. Although he has great strength, it is his even greater courage which truly distinguishes him. Against overwhelming odds, he will stand unwaveringly and fight with every last microchip of his mechanical being. His fellow Autobots consider him serious, even grim, but those with insight know the reason why: the enormity of the responsibility placed on Omega Supreme. He is designed specifically as the Autobots' last line of defense. It is his job to protect the Ark and anything else considered vital to the Autobot cause. He knows that should he fall in battle, chances are there will be no other Autobots left by that point to take over his role. His is a situation Omega Supreme finds both challenging and chilling. He would have it no other way.

Abilities: In robot form, Omega Supreme possesses enormous strength and firepower. A blow from one of his arms can shatter a mountainside. With his clawed arm he can lift 300,000 tons. The plasma blaster on his other arm can pulverize a solid 12' × 12' × 12' steel cube. The laser cannon mounted on his head can hit an object as small as a can at a distance of 50 miles. His armored form is virtually impervious to all non-nuclear explosives and energy-beam weapons. He can change his form into two other forms simultaneously: a laser cannon tank and a rocket with launching pad. The launching pad can boost its rocket into planetary orbit. The rocket is adaptable to communication, military and transport uses.

Weaknesses: In both intelligence and speed, Omega Supreme is a bit slow and plodding. He makes an easy target, but his enormous firepower can usually compensate for that.

METROPLEX

ALLEGIANCE: AUTOBOT
    FUNCTION: BATTLE STATION

"Vigilance is the foundation upon which victories are built."

Profile: Possessed of startling versatility and staggering strength, Metroplex is the robot they depend on when all other options are exhausted. In battle, he is a mighty instrument of titanic destructive force, unwavering and ever-valiant in his attack. The very ground trembles when he unleashes the explosive energies of his weaponry. But despite his enormous power, Metroplex suffers from extreme modesty. In fact, he often berates himself for not being able to contribute more to the Autobot cause, a comment that never fails to mystify his comrades and even causes some to shake their heads and laugh at its absurdity. Metroplex's role usually prevents him from being in the front lines, a situation he finds frustrating, but one the other Autobots understand and accept completely. Their friendship and respect for him is clear evidence of that. And they all prefer Metroplex in his current role. Knowing he's backing them up is a constant source of reassurance. As one Autobot once said, "No matter what happens to the rest of us, the war's not over as long as Metroplex is there."

Abilities: In robot mode, Metroplex has enormous strength. He can lift 70,000 tons. His armor is the equal of any Transformer's; to merely scratch it would require at least a low-yield nuclear explosion. He has left shoulder-mounted twin high-energy MASER (microwave amplification through stimulated emission of radiation) cannons and a retractable omni-directional receiving and transmitting rod antenna in his right shoulder. His chest module contains a storage bay capable of holding a mid-size vehicle. In Autobot City mode, he has a helipad and ramps leading to the storage bay and various repair bays. Using a full complement of armatures, welders, presses, microsensors, gauges and spare parts, he's able to service up to four vehicles at any one time. His left rear tower transforms into a tank called Slammer. Metroplex can control Slammer for a maximum range of 40 miles. Slammer's cannon shoots explosive rocket-propelled mortar shells that have a 1.5-mile range. Scamper, the small sports car berthed within Metroplex, carries side-mounted electro-blasters that shoots streams of 20,000-volt electricity. In robot mode, Scamper uses a high-energy particle beam pistol. Scamper has a maximum speed of 150 mph and a range of 500 miles. Six-Gun, the small robot made literally of six guns and Metroplex's central tower, is a walking, talking artillery battery. In addition to the twin surface-to-air guided missile launchers he wears on his back, Six-Gun has ion-pulse rifles for arms and sometimes uses a seventh gun, a high-temperature acetylene pistol that can melt through most metals. Scamper and Six-Gun operate independently of Metroplex. Each has a mind of his own, although each essentially has a personality nearly identical to Metroplex and is mind-linked to him and each other.

Scamper tends to be more impulsive and gregarious, Six-Gun more belligerent. The three minds together can be considered units of a single, larger mind, although Metroplex's mind is clearly dominant. Metroplex mostly uses Scamper, Six-Gun, and Slammer to scout and defend his periphery, although occasionally he'll send one or more on short missions. Metroplex's final form, the mobile Battle Station, is a wheeled platform whose formidable firepower makes him virtually untouchable. In this mode, Metroplex can have up to 12 pieces of artillery blazing away simultaneously. In addition to the previously mentioned MASER cannons, ion-pulse rifles and missile launchers, he's equipped with twin independent mounted disruptor rays on top, capable of interfering with electric currents within a target's body; two laser lances; and two front-mounted anti-matter projectors, the most powerful of all his weapons, which are capable of producing and shooting minute packets of anti-matter that obliterate anything upon contact. Metroplex can also use all these weapons in his Autobot City mode.

Weaknesses: Metroplex's autonomous units - Scamper, Slammer, and Six-Gun - are all relatively vulnerable to attack as compared to Metroplex himself. In Battle Station mode, Metroplex is a rather slow-moving vehicle, making him an easy target, but his weaponry usually more than compensates for this. Using his anti-matter projectors, however briefly, is tremendously draining for Metroplex and can leave him nearly energyless.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tech Spec Breakdown

Strength:
    Omega Supreme:10 Metroplex:10
    Intelligence:
    Omega Supreme:5 Metroplex:8
    Speed:
    Omega Supreme:3 Metroplex:2
    Firepower:
    Skill:
    Omega Supreme:6 Metroplex:9
    Endurance:
    Omega Supreme:10 Metroplex:9
    Courage:
    Omega Supreme:7 Metroplex:8

2. OptimusSolo

News Credits:
    PLEASE listen to a few pages of arguments before casting your vote in this CHAMPIONSHIP ROUND!!!!

BTW who do you think had the hardest path to get here???

3. Omega_Soundwave

Omega_Soundwave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I chose Omega Supreme before I read your post...sorry.

I had chosen my vote a couple of days before...I knew that this match was coming.

I am at school at the moment so I can't type a huge 4 paragraph message on why I think Omega Supreme will be victorious here.

4. Orion_Prime48

Orion_Prime48 Super Sentai Purist

News Credits:
    ok im gonna vote now Omega is stronger than Metroplex theres a reason why Omega Sentinels used to guard Cybertron and why hes considered the last line of Defense for the Autobots

5. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

Wow... this is a pretty close one. By numbers, Metro has a few advantages, but with the additional data contained in the profiles, we see that Omega has some serious compensation.

However, before we get into it, I'd like to point out that there seem to be some rather glaring (if not especially important) inaccuracies in Metroplex's Specs numbers.

Metroplex has:
    8 Intelligence, not 10
    2, maybe 3 Speed... not 4 (and Omega would have 4 in that case)
    9 Endurance, not 8
    10 Courage, not 9
    7-8 Rank, not 10

We should fix that up, so we can start with an accurate comparison. :) 

zmog

6. OptimusSolo

News Credits:
    Sorry, cut and paste must have messed up lol

7. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

A technical error.... or a PRO-METROPLEX CONSPIRACY?!? :sly: 

I'm not going to vote right away... I know who I favour, but I also think both competitors are very similar in many respects. It's very close, and depends on a few uncertain factors.

Let... it... begin...!!!
    :) 

zmog

8. PB379

PB379 Autobot

This really is a Battle of the Titans!

At this point in time, the difference that I think may be the deciding factor is Omega Supremes Endurance.

Let the debate continue!

9. cleazer

cleazer Lost in the lights

News Credits:
    So I'm thinking Metroplex is bigger, but Omega Supreme is actually designed to fight.

Looking at the bios, it looks like Omega Supreme is stronger.

10. Omega_Soundwave

Omega_Soundwave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just wanted to say that in terms of raw strength, Omega Supreme has the advantage.

Metroplex can lift 70,000 tons.

Good old Omega can lift 300,000 tons...with one hand.

11. Omnus

Omnus needs more time TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I figure I'll weigh in early on one of these, especially since I noted how I see it going down awhile ago.

Yeah, I'm not going to touch this because it's probably not worth restating observations that have been made many times before.

That looks pretty darn close when you look at just the raw numbers for who voted for who in each match. Looking at the capabilities of the contenders, I think Metroplex edges it out by the number of opponents that could actually harm him. Based on that I would have to say that Metroplex had a slightly harder path in getting here.

Didn't watching "The X-Files" teach you anything? Of course it's a conspiracy! It's always a conspiracy! They're out to get you, and they're everywhere! :) 

As to the match, I'll break it down the way I usually do...

By the tech spec numbers, Metroplex has an edge in Intelligence and Skill, while Omega Supreme has a smaller edge in Speed and Endurance, and nobody cares about Courage and Rank ratings in a 1-on-1 fight.

The numbers really aren't decisive for this fight. Speed especially doesn't mean much since the difference really comes down to which snail is faster than the other. Neither one is going anywhere fast. That even Strength is also deceptive, since the listed lift capacity of the two shows quite a distinct disparity there.

Moving into the bios...

Both are noteworthy for having the best armor described for any TF. One might call them equals in that respect, but the wording for each shows a higher absolute than the other. For Metroplex: "to merely scratch it would require /B]at least[/B] a low-yield nuclear explosion", and for Omega Supreme: "virtually impervious to all non-nuclear explosives and energy-beam weapons". It's not a big distinction, to be sure, but Omega Supreme's armor is the lesser of the two by description, as it is possible to damage his armor without weapons with the same destructive capabilty as a nuclear weapon (although there would still be very few of those weapons from the description).

Omega Supreme is definitely far stronger from the descriptions of the two, but Metroplex's noted strength still reads that he's going to hit with as much destructive force as a low-yield nuclear weapon when he punches. Basically, they could both hit each other with melee attacks and hurt the other one.

Metroplex has a laundry list of ranged weaponry, but the power of Omega's plasma blaster is fairly impressive.

Both combatants have 'easy target' listed as a weakness. I think there should be a "no duh" rejoinder attached to that. If you can't hit the broadside of a barn, you can still hit either of these guys - just point somewhere in their general direction.

The thing that I see being the most telling of who would win this is just one line: "In both intelligence and speed, Omega Supreme is a bit slow and plodding."

Really, that's it.

How I see the fight turning out is this:

(Assuming both start in Robot mode)

When the fight starts Metroplex transforms to battle station mode. In this amount of time Omega Supreme realizes his only chance of victory is to close the distance and engage in melee combat (alternatively, Omega uses his plasma blaster and decides to go melee after seeing that it does no notable damage).

Omega starts to close and Metroplex fires his disruptor rays, slowing Omega to the point that the next shot is guaranteed to hit exactly where it's intended. That would be the shot from his anti-matter projector hitting the huge target that is Omega Supreme's head.

I could see a different outcome if Omega wasn't noted as "a bit slow and plodding" for his intelligence, but with that in there I see any other outcome as somewhat far-fetched.

My analysis is that the winner in a 1-on-1 fight would be Metroplex.

Of course, I will watch what arguments other people come up with before making my final decision and voting.

12. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    I don't see omega winning this fight at all, unless there was outside interference (natural or artificial)

13. SureShot90

SureShot90 Peace=superior firepower

Ebay:
    Somehow these contests lost all meaning to me.
    It makes no sense if you can't establish what continuity to judge from. If you take tech specs etc then yea maybe Omega would win, but still Piranacon can lift much more refering to his BIO! But if we take it all from the Cartoon then none would be in doubt that Metroplex is the larger and stronger of the two...
    Well I suppose it's good the contests ended, because it really is meaningless and pointless.

14. OptimusSolo

News Credits:
    Fortunately there are hundreds of people on here that disagree with you whole-heartedly!!!

Oh and dont worry there are more contests coming!!!

15. SureShot90

SureShot90 Peace=superior firepower

Ebay:
    Don't get me wrong. I liked the idea originally, but it lost me along the track when all different continuities got mixed together and all the bios and specs etc really became indifferent because you couldn't directly compare them - that's why during the last part of the tournamet I wasn't really interested in voting.
    Say if taken only from the Cartoon and based of that (no tech specs or bios) it could be interesting in watching the outcome, because every character is judged/weighed from the same storyline etc.

16. kryptofred

kryptofred super-con

Ebay:
    The overriding factor to me in this fight is the purpose each of these Autobots serve.

At first glance, it would seem they have basicly the same job, to protect and defend whatever "city" they happen to be assigned to. If you look a little closer though, that's not completely acurate. Omega does seem to have the job of standing at his post, fighting off any who make it as far as the city gates.

Metroplex, on the other hand, seems designed to work in conjunction with a defence force. His job, it appears, is to hold back the main fighting force, so the ground troops have a chance to outmanuver, or somehow over-power the enemy. I don't think he was ever meant to fight on his own.

His "city" mode is obliously meant to hold and repair Autobots, his battle station mode is designed to carry other warriors onto the battle field, and even his robot mode has parts and places for others to stand on or even for combiners to attach to. The only time we ever see him throw-down in a solo match is against Trypicon, and that always ends up as a hand-to-hand fight, because he wasn't meant to fight a battle like that.

Conversely, Omega Supreme appears to built for exactly this sort of thing. His size (which I consider to be mid-way between a gesalt and a city-bot), armour, and enourmous strength, combined with his rather limited armament and his origin all point to him being a 1v1 killing machine!

I don't think Metro has the experience or tactical knowledge to stand up to Omega in single combat. I lean heavily towards Omega in this fight, but I'll wait and see.

17. Shockscream

Shockscream Chairman of Nerd Day

News Credits:
    I can't quite see the intellectually "slow and plodding" Omega Supreme being all that good a tactician, while Metroplex being a more intelligent robot may have the edge when it comes to tactical ability. Metroplex's modile alt form could also help him in this one. Omega Supreme may be the Autobot's final option, their last line of defence, but his style is one of direct assault and brute force. I am definitely leaning towards Metroplex on this one...

18. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    I'm thinking OS, but only by a slight margin. OS can break down into a tank and a rocket ship, thus launching a two-pronged attack on Metroplex in either form, making it hard for Metro to target OS since he's two places at once.

But these two are going to be fighting close to death in this match, as BOTH are the 'last line of defense' for the Autobots.

19. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    Here is how I see it and always have.

Omegas guns wont damadge Metro, Ther is no way Omega have more powerful weapons then Trypticon, and since Trytpcion just blasts Metro and nothing happens then Omegas will do nothing aswell.

Omega is heavy but not heavier then Trypticon so Metro will have no problem lifting Omega if he gets close to him and throw him away just like Metro done so many times with Trypticon.

I just dont see Metro beeing taken out by Omega, Omega is the most difficult opponent Metro can face in this tournament but nothing he cant handle.

I said it before..the only one capable of taking down Metro is Trypticon. Atleast when Metro fights in Bot mode.

20. zealottoyou

zealottoyou Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Fort wins wars...that's all i can say.

Metroplex to rule...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.