Championship: #1 Whirl vs #1 Scattershot

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by OptimusSolo, Oct 18, 2009.

?

Championship: #1 Whirl vs #1 Scattershot

Poll closed Oct 24, 2009.
  1. Whirl

39.7%
  2. Scattershot

60.3%
  1. OptimusSolo

OptimusSolo Tournament Master

News Credits:
    Championship Match

Final: #1 Seed Whirl vs #1 Seed Scattershot

Voting ends at 11:59 pm(CT), October 24th, 2009.

BRACKET LINK:
    http://i537.photobucket.com/albums/ff339/bosskdawg/tourny-2.jpg

Tournament History

How they got here:

Whirl defeated: Wreck-Gar, Hot Spot, Swerve, Slingshot, & Topspin

Scattershot defeated: Hun-Grrr, Onslaught, Silverbolt, Arcee & Hook

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

WHIRL

ALLEGIANCE: Autobot
    FUNCTION: Aerial Assault

"If used logically, madness makes a great weapon."

Profile: Loves his job... careens across sky spinning and weaving wild, crazy patterns. Believes enemies are more terrified of him if he acts wild during an attack.

Abilities: Flies at 400 mph, range 1600 miles. Amazing maneuverability... can fly at almost any angle. Carries four incendiary-shell cannons hi-energy photon beam rifle. Great strength as a robot... has null-ray module on hand, paralyzo box on leg.

Weaknesses: Reckless... prone to rotor blade damage.

SCATTERSHOT

ALLEGIANCE: AUTOBOT
    SUB-GROUP: TECHNOBOT
    FUNCTION: TECHNOBOT LEADER

“Decepticons are like rust spots – they’re ugly and they can pop up anywhere!”

Profile: Scattershot leads by his actions, not his words. This brawling, bragging berserker’s idea of strategy is to wade into a Decepticon patrol with all barrels blazing and not withdraw until he’s out of ammo or out of enemies, whichever comes first. And he expects his followers to do the same. Anyone who disapproves of his tactics he considers a “tin-plated buckethead.” At times, given his rude, gruff manner, Scattershot seems more like a caricature of a career soldier than a real one. But this blustery, often comical demeanor can’t disguise the valiant warrior underneath – one who will shed his last drop of fuel, if necessary, for the Autobot cause.

Abilities: More than any single ability, Scattershot is known for his stamina. He’ll continue fighting even after his joints are wracked by metal
    fatigue. In vehicle mode, he’s equipped with a powerful 700 megavolt pulse cannon in his nosecone. Wing-, side- and turret-mounted guns shoot an awesome array of sonic, thermal and artillery shells. He can fly at a maximum speed of 1,900 mph, with a range of 10,000 miles. In battle station mode, he can utilize the same weaponry with even more precision once he deploys his omni-directional radar screens. In robot mode, he carries a 500 rounds-per-minute automatic acid-pellet gun, which can turn an enemy robot into a pile of slag in a matter of moments. With his fellow Technobots, Scattershot combines to form the super-robot Computron.

Weaknesses: Aside from collapsing due to exhaustion because he’s pushed himself beyond the point of endurance, Scattershot has no specific weaknesses

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tech Spec Breakdown

Strength:
    Whirl:8 Scattershot:8
    Intelligence:
    Whirl:8 Scattershot:7
    Speed:
    Whirl:8 Scattershot:7
    Firepower:
    Skill:
    Whirl:8 Scattershot:6
    Endurance:
    Courage:
    Whirl:9 Scattershot:9
    Whirl:6 Scattershot:8

2. OptimusSolo

OptimusSolo Tournament Master

News Credits:
    Environment

Contest will be open until Saturday night

Environment= Rocky Mountain Forest

Let the games begin and may the best BOT win!!

3. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

I'm not too big on Whirl, but... since there are three areas that he does better in than Scattershot, and this match is taking place in a Rocky Mountain Forest... I voted for Whirl.

4. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    im not sure the environment will be a + for Whirl as this environment provides what HG needed desperately in the last match: workable cover but i am undecided yet as to who to vote for

5. cryotek

cryotek Criminal Overlord

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Im voting for Whril bacause Im old schooled.

6. kryptofred

kryptofred super-con

Ebay:
    Hey can someone post whirls long bio from the MTMTE book? We should have as much info as possible for this one.

7. Omnus

Omnus needs more time TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Initial thoughts/comments:

Terrain favors neither 'bot, especially in robot mode. This looks like more of an air battle to me.

Whirl's tech spec Speed is higher, but for the actual top speeds listed, Scattershot is more than 4 times as fast as Whirl.

Whirl has greater Skill by 2 points, which should give him the win by hitting the other guy more often and getting hit less. Scattershot has an arsenal that allows him to do much like his name. This would seem to counter Whirl's Skill advantage, since while Whirl has a high likelihood of avoiding most individual shots Scattershot would send at Whirl, Scattershot will be sending a scattered fusillade of fire Whirl's way.

Sorry, no time now for anything else, more later.

8. Moroni Prime

Moroni Prime #TFYLP Podcast

News Credits:
    Reasons why Scattershot is better than Whirl:
    1. Depth Perception
    2. More Guns
    3. 5 Digits per hand
    4. No Rotor Blades
    5. Cool Shades
    6. Unfair Treatment (Wreck-Gar? wtf?)

9. spikex

spikex Nightbird is my bitch

This one is a toughie. I am leaning toward whirl but am undecided. He will
    be a tough target for scattershot to hit. I don't believe the terrain here will be much of a factor as this will be an arial battle. I will see what arguments are presented before deciding.

10. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    scattershot is packing a secret weapon.......so he wins

11. Evil Porkchop

Evil Porkchop Pork, the evil white meat

Scattershot takes this one. Whirl may have a bit more skill, but I believe that applies more to his flying ability than his fighting capabilities. The speed difference advantage is completely ridiculous... it even says in the written part of the specs that Scattershot is faster.
    I see it going down like this. They both take to the air and Scattershot cuts loose with everything he has, which takes out Whirl's rotorblades and ability to fly. Then the battle goes to the ground and since both of these Autobots are berserker type fighters they go in after each other with very little regard to any type of strategy. After what I foresee to be a vicious fight with guns, fists and anything else each combatant can get his hands on. Whirl finally falls with Scatteshot barely standing... mainly due to his ability to push beyond his limits.

12. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Whirl is a fairly normal Autobot when he's not in combat: calm, collected and rational. His behavior when engaged in battle however, is enought to make most of his comrades check again to make sure it's actually Whirl they're actually watching. The normally reasonable mechanoid becomes a furious fighter whose tactics rely on careening wildly through the air, blasting any and all Decepticons who happen to cross his erratic path. Whirl likes to tell people that his enemies fear him more if they think he's crazy, but some suspect that his battlefield behavior is a convenient release for Whirl's dark side.

13. BurnedAlive

BurnedAlive Horrorcon

Whirl for his superior skill. SS may be 4 times faster, but whirl can dart in and out of buildings while firing his incendiary rockets and gatling gun. SS's only hope is to use his superior speed to outmaneuver whirl, but with whirls 8 skill and 8 intelligence hell have no problem hitting SS with his stunning weapons and knocking him out of the sky, and then turning into gunship mode and finishing him off.

14. Evil Porkchop

Evil Porkchop Pork, the evil white meat

Look at the environment there are no buildings to dart in and out of... and going by Whirl's bio that would not be his style anyways.

Scattershot's overwhelming volume of fire would damage Whirl's rotorblades to where he couldn't fly. Then it becomes two berserker fighters tearing into each other...

15. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    I was originally going to vote for Whirl. But with all these arguments,I could see Scattorshot winning if he doesn't strain himself.

16. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

What buildings?????

17. omegagoalie

omegagoalie Cybertronian Puckstopper

Ebay:
    Let's not forget what type of weapons Whirl is carrying. SS likes to run in guns blazing. Only thing is Whirl is packing a Null Ray and Paralyzo Box. And he has the skill to use them.

18. LifePincher

LifePincher BBTS is the SOURCE!

It's all about skill on this one, not just a lucky shot by SS :rock 
    Whirl for the WIN. (WhirlWIND)

19. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    I should vote whirl because SS took out two of my favs but I am not like that.

Forrest works for none of them so either keep in the trees and taking cover and only fight in bot mode, or go to the air.

However the bot that takes to the air first might be the sitting duck because there is easy places to hide and fire from deep inside the forest. and you get a little cover from the forrest itself.

In the air: Whirl rotorblades will be his downfall as SS will soon or later hit those and that will hinder Whirl from his great movabilety. or heck even his all flying if damdaged to much.

Ground: Whirl got some serieous weapons aswell does SS but Im thinking Whirl got the better guns.

dunno yet

20. Tacitron

Tacitron An exceptional nut sack

Ebay:
    Still undecided. I have to say I'm surprised the stats are as close as they are. I may have underestimated SS in this match. It's true that by descriptions that SS is faster, and it's true that SS has a lot of guns. I'm wondering what effect the paralyzo box and null ray would have on a flying opponent. If SS comes crashing down as the result of a hit, I think Whirl takes the match at that point.

Then again, BA just came down on the side of Whirl. Whirl is doomed. Although I would like to point out that BA might be voting for Whirl at this point because he wants Whirl to lose and knows people will vote against him.