Challenge at Cybertron vs. Battle in Space

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by BreakY, Dec 30, 2010.

1. BreakY

BreakY Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Do you guys out there have any thoughts on the sets? I know that the only major difference here is Galvatron (aside from the Matrix and the comic), and the reviews have been pretty bad for him. Is it really that horrible? Would I be better off getting the Battle in Space version, and perhaps Hasbro will release Galvatron at a later date with some possible (maybe?) QC fixes?

Also, FYI - I don't have either Cyclonus or Galvatron, so I'm really interested in your feedback!

2. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    I'd personally go for the Battle in Space set, even comes with the Matrix and comic. I personally hate the Galvatron figure, so the BiS pack is better for me. You should go for the BiS pack, and go for the regular Universe Galvatron later on.

3. tigermask44

tigermask44 Kills Cons Dead!

News Credits:
    The metal matrix is awesome and has holes so you can add a chain to it if you want to stick it around galvatrons neck.

4. Ironhide4

Ironhide4 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    thing is with bis is that it comes with rub signs, can they be removed without damaging the paint?

5. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    A few already have removed them, with no trouble apparently. Just so you know, however, there's nothing underneath.

@BreakY Mys suggestion to you is to get the BIS set. It's easier and cheaper to obtain. And you could pick up Universe Galvatron at a separate time. You can get a loose one on ebay pretty cheap.

6. Tenebrouser

Tenebrouser Craft...or is it crap?

Universe Galvatron is an abortion at the size class he's in. I'm not a fan of bigger figures, but if there ever was one that mandated it, it's him.

7. Victorysabre

Victorysabre Born to Transform

News Credits:
    Galvatron is not worth the extra $30+ dollars for the Challenge set

8. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    picked the battle in space set up yesterday. Really enjoying it, but I had forgotten how much I dislike this rodimus mold. I was really wanting the upgrade set, but as good as the set is, I can't see myself wanting to spend 90 bucks to make him decent. Hasbro really needs make a new Hot Rod or at least an updated space Winnebago.

Cyclonus is fantastic though, love it. Tighter joints than my original and a better paint layout? Yes please. Love that target master as well.

This set was easily worth it for cyclonus and the matrix.

9. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I wish I had known that the BiS set was going to be released, I would have gladly picked that over the C@C set..

10. Acidophilus

Acidophilus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think the Rodimus mold is alright, but I do agree that a new, and better mold would be excellent. As popular of a character as he is I'm sure the sales would be great. It certainly would not be warming pegs.

Though, I think the optimal thing Hasbro could do is release a new Voyager sized Rodimus Prime figure.

11. Knightsword

Knightsword Fire in the North TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Hell, I would take the voyager size energon Megatron mold in Galvatron colors minus the tank of course over getting that deluxe mold again.

12. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    Got the english release for Battle in space. And gosh darn, it was worth it.
    Two deluxe figures, with a die-cast matrix accessory, a targetmaster, AND a comic book, all under the voyager price point.