Chaingun of DOom

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by DepthCharge87, Jan 26, 2006.

1. DepthCharge87

DepthCharge87 Maximize!

Hey, I just bought the 10th Anniversary Beast Wars Rhinox and I have a question about his spinning chaingun. When I push down on the button to spin it, it'll spin one way, then when I let go, it'll spin backwards, like in reverse, and not constant in one direction like what a chaingun would do. And it would spin back and forth like this when I push and release the button. I was thinking it SHOULD be like the rotors on BulkHead, press the button, and they'll keep spinning in one direction, unlike Rhinox's spinner. The only way I can keep it going in one direction is to keep the button held down. Is this normal? Anyone else have this? Thanks.

2. Primevil

Primevil *Insert Witty Title Here*

Ebay:
    Mine does the same thing, but I have no idea if it's supposed to.

3. Boo

Boo Addicted to candy canes.

Ebay:
    Yup, same thing here. But, as far as I know, it was never designed to be a "chain gun of doom" in the first place. If it were, the handle would be so that when held the barrel actually aimed forward. I guess Mainframe just thought it looked better as a gun than a spinny shield thing... i mean, Dinobot already had one of those!

4. DepthCharge87

DepthCharge87 Maximize!

Yea the toy chaingun is another thing that puzzled me, I didn't they gave him a regular disc spinner instead of an actual gun like in the show. Ah well, I'm glad nothing is busted:p .

5. Boo

Boo Addicted to candy canes.

Ebay:
    Yup, nothing busted about the chain gun. "OF DOOM!"

But how are the shoulders and upper arms on yours? Are they assembled backwards and on the wrong sides like everybody else's?

6. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

7. DepthCharge87

DepthCharge87 Maximize!

Mmm...nope, looks fine to me, but I might be wrong. Do you have a picture of this so I can confirm for you?

EDIT: Ah nevermind, I looked a little more carefully and I see what you mean. Yea mine seem to be backwards too. No DVD (I'm in Canada) and now this. Shame shame Hasbro :stick: . Don't think I'll try to fix it though, afraid I might screw it up heh. Maybe if I get a second Rhinox. Ah well, I'm still super happy about finally getting my hands on Cheetor, Waspy, and Rhinox :D .

8. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Far as I remember, all incarnations of the Rhinox weapon acted that way. Guess they hadn't quite figured out the proper ratcheting yet or some such.

I've been customising my BW 10th figs for "even better show-accuracy", and part of that was creating a proper "chain gun O' doom", thusly.

. Clip mace ends off the chain-mace pieces, including part of the first 'link' of chain, then cutting a notch into that little part of it.

. Glue notched mace-bits onto opposite sides of the sawblade (notches aid in placement)

. Saw front of Cheetor's "gut gun" off and remove squeeze part, leaving about a 1/2 inch part of the back of the hard plastic part, including the handle peg.

. Remove handle peg from Rhinox "gun box" and glue Cheetor gun section in its place, with handle peg pointing the opposite direction as the box's trigger piece.

. Paint the Cheetor gun handle black (or green, whatever)

. Attach sawblade to spinning peg, and put handle peg in Rhinox's fist, and Voila! - working replica of Chain gun o' doom. It can still store away in Rhino mode too, though the door on the underside won't close (but I removed it for the sake of a more show-accurate robot mode anyway)