central NJ/philly meet up, possible focus on customising

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by Alpha_&_Omega, Dec 10, 2006.

1. Alpha_&_Omega

Alpha_&_Omega "I am Alpha & Omega"

At the last philly meet there was some talk about getting togeather and possibly sharing with eachother customising techniques. i think it would be pretty cool to do so. some of the philly guys have seen what i can do, so they know that i bring paint techniques, strene fabrication and some low level casting and sculpting. personaly i would like to learn how to make better resin casts and airbrush teqniques. if anyone has any input for format or any other ideas, i'd apreciate them. If the group is manageable, we may be able to use my house in raritan, NJ (08869) for a location,....which is certainly better then another cold ass parking lot. if some one else has a better place then let me know. if your interested,....post here. a couple of my pieces have been on transtopia, i also post on tfans and allspark.

2. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Super Mod

News Credits:
    Your place is good for me. :D 

3. Hotspot17

Hotspot17 Search and Rescue: Vet

News Credits:
    Wow Alpha, didn't realized you live that far. Maybe we should coordinate a meetup wtih the next LastCentury Toy show since it's only a couple miles away from your place. Kill two birds with one stone.

4. Alpha_&_Omega

not a problem,....but when would that be? also i only see two replies, so either this really isn't a popular idea or we are going to have a very small group. one word responces will do if your interested. also i could do a quick custom at the meet that invollves dyeing plastic and a head swap,.....an alt trail breaker. i could even do a bit of styrene work for the force field generator

5. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Super Mod

News Credits:
    Honestly I really don't care how far it is. As long as we meet in January I'm cool. Plus I get to check out your collection. We can also order some boxes of pizza and just hang out.

6. $5HotRod

$5HotRod Trailbreaker Fan

Ebay:
    This sounds like a good idea to me as long as we meet in January since December tends to be a wee bit crazy.

7. Hotspot17

Hotspot17 Search and Rescue: Vet

News Credits:
    Let me drag Stu from tfans over here.
    He's really into kitbashing laterly.
    :hookday 

8. Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime Bassist of Ill Repute

Ebay:
    <--- DRAG'D

I am so in on this. i'll be back when I'm finished my tasks, to read the thread.

9. Alpha_&_Omega

ok, so other than the typical selling, buying, trading and of course shooting the shit; what would you guys like to do? I really want to get a caster on board for thisb/c thats one area i can use alot of work in. is the whole custom thing a bit over rated and beer & pizza sounds like a better plan?

10. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'd love to get in on this, but I doubt I could with the hours I work. :(  God I need new job.