Central Florida meet-up

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by Omegatron, Nov 1, 2009.

1. Blue Meanie

Blue Meanie Hello from the Gutter

My daughter is 4 also so hopefully they will get along and that will let us relax, :lol 

2. LemonPrime

LemonPrime Greetings Programs

News Credits:
    I'd like to go but I generally work Saturdays.

3. Overhaulimus

Overhaulimus Sword of Fury!

News Credits:
    Sounds like we've got a good one shaping up them, I'm gonna be driving down from Gainesville for this, which is about a 2 hour drive, so I'm probably gonna be hanging with you guys during the day and then hitting Halloween Horror Nights that night, I'm making a day out of it lol.

4. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ill see what I can do, but I will need the EXACT address of where we are meeting. OK :) 

5. Blue Meanie

I can't make it. We just got a birthday party invitation for my daughter for her friend's 6th birthday. October 16 in Melbourne. Sucks.

6. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'll keep an eye on my work schedule- I might only be able to spare an hour or two if I'm lucky (luck being a 4-close shift). Otherwise, I doubt I'll make it. Have fun.

7. jamspeed

jamspeed Follow me on Instagram _jamspeed_

Ebay:
    So it's October, who is still down? Would pushing back a week help anyone?
    I can make it, work schedule shouln't be a problem for any Sat or Sun for me.

If you are coming we should solidify a meeting place and maybe start listing things you might bring to sell/trade or that you need.

8. Blue Meanie

Pushing it back would allow me to make it. But you know I am just one guy so I shouldn't fudge it up for everyone if the have plans. Like I said earlier in the thread I can't make it because of a birthday party, the 16th is nutz for me. I have the birthday party, my buddy is having a BBQ, and my engine builder is asking me to bring my car to the giant altemonte car show for seminole college. I can only make the b-day party in Melbourne.

9. CorporateZombie

CorporateZombie Great Odin's Raven

I'd like to make it but it depends on my schedule. I am a definite maybe. :) 

10. JBStuka

JBStuka Well-Known Member

Okay, so we are now in October. :)  Since we are just under 2 weeks away from our proposed get together... I will try to sum it up from what I've read. It seems a few can't make it that would like to. However, some "may" have already worked the plans out to be there.

It is pretty much a given that at least one or a few will not be able to show up no matter what date we choose. However, I would like to make it as fair to everyone as I can so that as many as possible can show up.

So I would really like to know asap from each of you who want to participate;

1. Are you already "planning" on coming on the 16th? - Or at least going to make an ernest effort to do so?
    2. If you are planning or trying to make it then - did you have to make arrangements to attend? And if not - do you mind postponing it by ONE week to the 23rd? Or will that make it not-available to you?
    (Only going to say ONE WEEK otherwise we will keep postponing forever. LOL)
    3. Also, on just a side note - How many will be with you? If you already know. (This is strictly so I can see about calling ahead for lunch time if needed)

PLEASE - Either post your reply to each question in here or you can PM me directly. Please try to do so by this friday early evening time. (Even if it's a maybe). This way I can let everyone know the final date by friday night so if some need to adjust plans they can without a major problem.

As for me, I can be honest and say that I originally planned the 16th, but some other family things have risen up. Now I can still make it on the 16th, but one week later would be a little more convenient. I also think someone noted earlier that they wanted to make a whole day and night in Orlando if they came since they were driving from 2 hours away.

Whether on the 16th or the 23rd - Here are the plans so far. Meet at Friendly's on I-Drive for lunch around 12:30. (Friendly's was suggested since some may have kids with them. And for a reasonable price. Friendly’s - Menu ) If you had a better suggestion please let me know.

After we eat, we can all go invade TRU nearby and also the Lego Store at Downtown Disney. And any other stores you may want to check out.

So plan on time-wise from 12:30 to anywhere around 4-5. Or later if some still care to find stuff to do.

And please make suggestions if you have any at all on things we can do once together if you want.

We also mentioned bringing some old stuff we may want to possibly get rid of or trade out with others. Of course I wouldn't suggest bringing your whole closet. :)  I'll setup a new post and link it in here of stuff I am looking for so you guys can see what you have. And you can also post on there what you may be looking for or maybe looking to sell so we can have an idea ahead of time.

Thanks everyone, and I look forward to meeting you all.
    JB

11. jamspeed

Ebay:
    So I would really like to know asap from each of you who want to participate;

1. Are you already "planning" on coming on the 16th? - Or at least going to make an ernest effort to do so? Yes

2. If you are planning or trying to make it then - did you have to make arrangements to attend? And if not - do you mind postponing it by ONE week to the 23rd? Or will that make it not-available to you?
    Can go either week, Seems better for many here to wait a week, I'm good with that

3. Also, on just a side note - How many will be with you? If you already know. (This is strictly so I can see about calling ahead for lunch time if needed) Me and possibly small child

Whether on the 16th or the 23rd - Here are the plans so far. Meet at Friendly's on I-Drive for lunch around 12:30. (Friendly's was suggested since some may have kids with them. And for a reasonable price. Friendly’s - Menu ) If you had a better suggestion please let me know.

After we eat, we can all go invade TRU nearby and also the Lego Store at Downtown Disney. And any other stores you may want to check out.

So plan on time-wise from 12:30 to anywhere around 4-5. Or later if some still care to find stuff to do. All sounds good

Come on people, we doing this or not?

12. JBStuka

OK, only a couple of you actually responded. :(  But the general consensus is that for some it would be better to wait a week, and the others seem to be ok with that.

SO, 1 WEEK POSTPONEMENT!!!!

We are now meeting on Saturday the 23rd. Lets stay with the same plan of 12:30 at Friendly's on I-Drive in Orlando.

I thank those of you who are showing an interest in this. Like I mentioned before; just a nice way for us all to meet and get to know some of our local brethren. (and that way when shows and conventions come around, we can all be on the lookout for each other and not just be more random faces in a crowd :)  )

Lets really see if we can make this happen on the 23rd. I would really like to get more than just 2 or 3 of us to show up. So convince your buddies in here that they have to come, or bad things will happen to their toys. (But hey, if only a few of us show up, we will just make the others jealous that they didn't!)

Thanks so much, and I look forward to meeting up with you all on the 23rd.

JBStuka

13. jamspeed

Ebay:
    Bump? List of attendees?

1. JBStuka

2. Jamspeed

3.?

4. ?

5. ?

14. JBStuka

Well guys, I feel absolutely horrible. :(  I was so planning on Saturday. But a very close family friend just passed away and his funeral is going to be right at 1pm on Saturday. So I cannot make it. Again I am sorry, by all means if some of you are planning on going, please let each other know. I don't want anyone stuck sitting there by themselves.

At any rate, if you guys still do it or not, lets get another one rolling for down the road. I would still love to get together with you all. Again, I apologize.

JBStuka

15. jamspeed

Ebay:
    Sorry to hear that JBStuka. I think at this point we will have to try to start up another one later on. If anyone was planning on still going please post up now. As far as I'm concerend this one isn't happening, but if people still want to go prove me wrong and post up you can go.

16. mac&cheese

mac&cheese Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hi im from md, and wanted to know is there any big transformers con in orlando during the summer months around june? If so I want to reserve a trip for next summer. Thanks for any info.

17. jamspeed

Ebay:
    Botcon was in Orlando this year, next year it is in California as it moves around each year. There are Anime/comic cons and what not in the area but nothing TF specific.

18. mac&cheese

mac&cheese Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    any anime cons at the last week of june? or is there a list somewhere? thanks

19. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hey are we doing a meet up for this year?