Central Florida meet-up

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by Omegatron, Nov 1, 2009.

1. Coinhound

Coinhound Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    January 9th works for me. Im retired and any day except Sunday is doable. Florida Mall sounds nice to but what type of restaurant are we looking at? I draw the line at Mickey Ds or Dennys which a bunch of people use to say: You go out to eat but you wind up at Dennys.

2. JBStuka

JBStuka Well-Known Member

:(  on all of you!!!! It seems that no one wanted to support this. :banghead:  HAHA J/K

But!!!!!! I have a much better idea that may be a little better for all.

As I am sure..... most of us probably attend the Megacon in Orlando each year. (I know my wife and I always do) The convention is March 12-14th this year. And since I am pretty sure most of us show up on saturday, and the show ends at 6pm. We should all try to meet up and maybe hit Dinner afterwards or go invade the local toy stores like a mob and freak out the employees with the amount of TF nerds all at once.

Let me know if this sounds good to you. This gives you a full 2 months to plan ahead and try to make it. If I can get at least a few that can pretty much commit, I will see if we can maybe make plans ahead of time somewhere so we can all get in together without a long wait to eat.

3. A.Prime

A.Prime Well-Known Member

Can anyone please tell me how far is Daytona Beach, FL from Orange County Convention Center ?

4. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ^
    Give yourself a good hour, an hour and a half to be on the safe side.

5. A.Prime

ok embarrassing question since I live in England

If O want to get from one place to the other, do I need a car or can I get a train/bus

I mean how much would a taxi cost

6. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Not a bad question at all, and the answer varies a LOT depending on where you visit in the US. Many US cities have excellent commuter rail and bus lines, but we fail miserably in that area.

If it were me, I'd go to Priceline and look for a cheap rental car, IF you're planning to do a lot of driving around in Orlando. You may be able to look for a bus fare from Daytona Beach to Orlando, but honestly I know nothing about that. I'm certain a one-way cab fare would run you $100 or more, though.

7. A.Prime

Damn man cause around the August time I will be attending the star wars convention and I want to ride at the Daytona track, with the Let's go away frmo the Daytona game blasting from my Nascar

Maybe I can find a cheap hotel near there for that one day

8. Overhaulimus

Overhaulimus Sword of Fury!

News Credits:
    So does anyone want to attempt another FL Meet-Up?

I know I'm game, I always have Saturdays off now.

9. F18Starscream

F18Starscream Commander of the Skies

News Credits:
    I'm in just give me an advanced notice and I'll be there. Saturdays are good let me know looking forward to it if it pans out.

10. JBStuka

I'm completely game for some Saturday also. Here is the thing though. We need to pick somewhere to all meet up at. And also pick a day that most everyone is game for. And pick it a few weeks out so we can all plan to get there.

Maybe we can all hook up for lunch somewhere, and then all go invade the local toy stores.

Any thoughts anyone?

I know I cannot on Sept 11th or 25th. But I am game any other Saturday.

11. Overhaulimus

News Credits:
    I wouldn't be able to come until after Sept, so sometime in October would be great for me.

12. JBStuka

I think October would be a great time also. Give us all time to make arrangements.

In all seriousness too guys, lets see if we can do this. I really would love the opportunity to get to meet some of you. Especially some of the local guys.

13. primenemesis

primenemesis Banned

Ebay:
    where and when bitches

14. Overhaulimus

News Credits:
    That's what we're trying to figure out, I'm not an Orlando native, but I spend so much time down there as is anyways, it doesn't really matter where we do it.

15. JBStuka

Alright, I am going to throw this out there so we can at least get something rolling.

Saturday, October 16th at noon. Somewhere on I-Drive in Orlando. I say we meet up for lunch and then we can all go invade TRU there on I-Drive and then also hit the one over on Orange Blossom Trail. (Or Vise-versa)(This should give us all time to plan ahead)

Now there are a million places to eat on I-Drive or Orange Blossom. Does anyone have any suggestions????

Or perhaps some more ideas on what we can do once we all get together. (Hit a movie or what not.) I am maybe thinking lets also use this as a small local sell and swap meet if we want. (We could perhaps find a park or parking lot somewhere to chill out at.)

Everyone bring anything you may want to sell, trade, or just unload. I know I for one would be happy to bring some extra cash that day and maybe pick up a few things I am missing. (Just a thought)

If I get a few decent responses to this... and people have a few ideas on what we want to do... I don't mind calling around to a few restaurants and seeing who can accommodate a group. (And we can maybe get a rough idea of how many want to come.)

I'll link this to the sightings board so others can maybe get involved or respond.

Lets make this happen guys.

Also, this is open to WHOEVER wants to come. But of course we are aiming at the central florida crowd.
    (I am willing to drive for anyone in the Lakeland, Mulberry, Winter Haven areas who doesn't want to have to drive all the way to Orlando alone and use gas for one day.)

16. Blue Meanie

Blue Meanie Hello from the Gutter

I am down, have to check the date but I can probably make it, I'll bring my daughter along.

17. wipedout

wipedout Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    man, if I wasn't going to Miami the following weekend I would be down. I don't think the wife would be happy with me doing something solo two weekends in a row.

18. jamspeed

jamspeed Follow me on Instagram _jamspeed_

Ebay:
    I'm interested, will have to check the wife's schedule, or I might have to bring along my daughter. She is only 4 so that might affect how long I can hang out, but again she might have fun. I have also been interested in hitting up the Lego store in Orlando - never been there. Is this about a 1/2 day thing then?

19. JBStuka

To all;

by all means bring whoever you wish. Kids, spouses, friends, etc. And I would figure probably yes, a 1/2 day thing or so. Probably from lunch to just before dinner, or if some still want to hang, we can hit food again later somewhere.

And thats not a bad idea; we can hit the lego store also. That is just a few minutes from I-Drive. Which does also open Downtown Disney as an option for a place to meet or eat at.

20. CorporateZombie

CorporateZombie Great Odin's Raven

Friendlys is a good place for non-expensive I-Drive fair and their ice cream is amazing for those who are bringing kiddies.