CDMW-18 Damage

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Triponthisman, May 7, 2011.

1. Triponthisman

Triponthisman Active Member

A warning to all!

I recently snatched up the new Predaking upgrade from Crazy Devy. I did a quick search of the reviews, to see if this set caused any problems. Not finding any, I installed it, swapping out the posts. To make a long story short, I acquired an older set of wings to keep mine mint, and when I went to put them in without larger post, they fell right out. Even with the larger post, without the extra bracket that came with the wings, they are now very lose. Looking inside, it appears that the latch on Razorclaw, has been damaged. The sad thing is that it held just fine with the stock post. But it was in the kit, so I put it on.... stupid me.

If you have not yet invested in these parts yet, please think long and hard before you do so. My King looks amazing, however without that bracket, if I moving him, the wings fall right off. Almost every single part in this set has damaged someone's figure. For the price that they charge for these upgrades, that is unacceptable. With companies like Fansproject, and Perfect Effect out there making amazing figures and upgrades, paying $40-50 for a pair of cannons, wings or footplates, that can damage a $200+ figure is starting to look a bit nuts. Even the argument that it's a limited edition set is starting to fall a bit flat. $70 got you a fully upgraded Superion, and just over a $100 got you the perfect Bruticus, and landed you two brand new figures to boot!

Has this happened to anyone else out there? Have you found a fix? I am a bit apprehensive on taking Razerclaw apart to try and fix it.

Last thought, has Crazy Devy ever responded to all these complaints about damage?

2. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Yeah, they blame it on the user for lacking "artisan skills"

3. Sioce

Sioce Radicon in training

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hmm, I'm calling shenanigans.

Mine works perfectly.
    Every set (other the yours) I have heard of has not had an issue.

I'm actually starting to wonder if CD intended these sets for the 2010 Predaking...

I only ever hear of issues with the older versions.

Granted, I personally would not add parts to a original Predaking. But some people would (and have)

We all know that CD is AMAZING!!! at communicating, I wonder if this is something they just "forgot" to mention.

Meh, as long as mine isn't damaged I think I'm ok.

4. Cheem The Rup

Cheem The Rup Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No problem at mine !

5. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    What upgrade is this? Please don't say its the canons..

6. Cheem The Rup

Cheem The Rup Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Don't worry, I don't say you this :D 

p.s.

sincerely CDMW-18 is properly that, but the man here is meaning the wings set, so it's not the #18 but the #11. or at least I have understood so...

7. HollyW00d

HollyW00d Collecting Freak

I had no problem with my cannons but I have a 2010 predaking. They provide a post as an option depending on which version you have. The bracket that came with the wings helps stability and the post is there if needed. It's up to you to decide which one works best. Since you bought an extra pair of wings, it should be no issue to stick something in the post hole to provide a nice tight fit and then use the bracket as well to stabilize it.

8. Jeremy.B

Jeremy.B Formerly Leader Blackout TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I've seen several posts on tfw about the issues with the wings. I assure you you aren't the only one.

9. Predakwon

Predakwon ...Green Lantern's light!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have had no issues with the cannons. Thanks for the heads up though. Now I await the drama of everyone saying that EVERY CD part is causing their Predaking to fall apart....

10. Triponthisman

Triponthisman Active Member

I should have been more clear. I meant the shoulder cannons. I do have the entire upgrade set as of the cannons, and so far had been lucky not to have any problems.

@Sioce: That's acutally the set I have. For proof of other sets causing problems, the wings did not oringinally ship with the part you swap out, leading to this: Optibotimus Reviews CrazyDevy's Predaking Wings... & Exposes Potential Issues
    The foot parts were tight enough to scrape the post of the leads of head strong. YouTube - Review Of CDMW-15 The Kings Power Parts Feet Plates
    Granted, I have been lucky. I waited till the fix for the wings was out. I was able to dremel the feet so that Headstrong was undamaged, but this time my luck ran out.

@Wyvern, yeah it's the cannons. My advise, if it holds fine with the stock post, just use that one. The cannons do a good job with fitting in with minimal support.

11. Manok

Manok Well-Known Member

No problems with the cannons on my 2010 reissue.