Cdmw-11

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Optibotimus, Oct 9, 2010.

1. Optibotimus

Optibotimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    I wasn't entirely sure where to post this. Many of you know i get the CrazyDevy.com upgrade sets a little earlier then normal release. I review them and typically enjoy everything i get. I am working on my video for this new set right now, but i wanted to get this information out as soon as possible.

I can NOT recommend anyone getting this set. The CDMW-11 is the large wing set for G1 Predaking. However, if you look at these pictures...you might notice a problem...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The fit is SO tight, as you can see from the above images...it scraped up the plastic pretty badly. The vintage wings don't just slide in as easily as you'd think. You actually have to wiggle them in and get them to kind of go around bits of plastic inside the upgrade set themselves. Causing some serious scratching.

[​IMG]
    Not only that...but you can see it utterly ruined the stickers on the vintage set, as well as scratching up the front of the wings as well.

I should note that that damage was put on after putting the set on once and taking it off to film my review...so after only one time...the damage was done..

The wings are HUGE....
    [​IMG]

Almost to the point that they look silly. Now i know they're coming out with many other sets that will increase the overall size of Predaking in general...but with the damage these things cause...i can't recommend to anyone to buy these things. Unless you're willing to take the risk. I'm actually fairly upset because i bought my G1 Predaking with money left to me by my aunt when she passed away. I know it's my fault entirely...i honestly didn't expect this to happen..so i warn anyone about this. Feel free to get it if you're willing to risk it...but don't say i didn't warn you

2. Computer5

Computer5 Well-Known Member

Wow, that sucks. Sorry to hear about your predaking getting messed up. But i'm pretty sure the community appreciates your heads up. Maybe you can let crazy devy know and maybe they can replace your original wings?

3. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Wow. That's such a bummer. I'm sorry to see that man.

4. Chaddicus

Chaddicus Don't call me Shirley

Thanks for the heads up. That aside, the Wings make him look even more badass though.

5. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    okay with what i am paying to get the 2010 reissue of Predaking i don't want that kind of damage done to the wings , so no sale even more.

6. Chaddicus

Chaddicus Don't call me Shirley

how do you get the products so early? Is it because you do reviews? Cause if that's the case, I need to figure out how to become a reviewer that gets all these toys early.

7. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    I'd be yelling at them to pay to replace the wing pack. That's inexcusable. they HAVE to test crap like this, so they had to know about the problem.

8. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ouch, that's pretty bad, i thought they would be the whole wing, not just the tips, make them replace your vintage wings, they have the cash laying around

9. Optibotimus

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    I agree..they do make him look badass. And i can totally see the potential for how massive he'll be...i'm just really too bummed out right now to be very happy about the set.

10. Optibotimus

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    sounds good to me lol

11. Optibotimus

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    haha basically..yeah...

12. Optibotimus

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Amazingly enough...some good friends that i met actually here, via a local l.a. transformer fan meetup, whom i only met one time, saw this thread and pulled together and apparently bought me a new divebomb with new wings. Otherwise, i would be complaining. But i really don't know what they'd do about it...i'm sure they'd be like "we're not responsible"...or some other kinda bullshit

13. anotheran

anotheran Old skooler

i'm glad things worked out in the end. I really like the people in the TFW2005 community. Cheers to your friend!

And thanks for your post. Really protects the rest of us from ruining our own toys

14. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    That's awesome.

I'd still bitch at crazydevy though, because this is something that clearly needs to be fixed before it starts destroying TONS of Predakings. They should seriously recall the set.

15. Optibotimus

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    I send them all my video reviews...if they watch it, they'll clearly see my problems with it. And in my email, i'll even tell them the problems. It really is something that could piss off a LOT of people

16. Optibotimus

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    I'm amazed and grateful for the friends i've made on here. As i said, i've only met them once and they're willing to put up their own money to help me out. It's incredible!

I'm very happy to have helped. Often times people will criticize me, saying i only speak about positives and such..this is case in point that i'm just trying to be as honest as possible. I'm editing my video review right now and you can hear how excited i am in the beginning, before i opened the package...then the tone changes...just a total, honest point of view video...

17. Sioce

Sioce Radicon in training

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Blatant honesty man, that is what matters from a reviewer. if you are doing nothing but singing praises to get people to buy stuff, then there is no point.
    Glad it worked out for you.

18. CURAMEN

CURAMEN LOS ANGELES COLLECTIVE

News Credits:
    Ditto!

19. joopsta

joopsta loves Animated

News Credits:
    That's a real disappointment. I've ordered the wings, but passed on the head. Now I was hunting for a head to keep up with all the parts. But this wing issue really makes me reconsider to upgrade my Predaking. No way I'll slide those wings on. And I've got 3 Predakings! What a bummer. I really was looking forward to those. Hope they will fix it before they send out. It does look good though.

20. Blackout32

Blackout32 Subdivisions

I want both of them but I will have to wait TILL I can even GET a 2010 predaking so first I am starting with the head but as I said I have to GET a Predaking before I can even come to the table which for 180 thats gonna be tough to swing anyway.