Caution for others regarding TRU's Return Policy.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by bellpeppers, Dec 2, 2011.

1. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    TRU frustrated me the other day.

several weeks ago, I started my Christmas shopping. I saw a Keyboard in their sales, and I purchased it online, along with a poweradapter.

A week before Black Friday, I returned the power adapter to make room on the credit card. No problem there. The proplem happened when I tried to return the keyboard itself a couple days ago. (Got a cheper keyboard in Target of Friday- good deal).

Now, I was well within the boundaries of the policy, but they were only gonna give me store credit. They would NOT return the money to my credit card- even tho the've done it before and insisted they haven't.

I showed them the receipt. At first, they denied it until I forced them to actually read it. Now, I am not talking about just a person behind the desk mind you- this was a few people.

So, after reading it, they had no choice but to acknowlege that have had items returned to my card. So they had to call a manager.

The manager notified them that purchases purchased online could be refunded back onto the credit card when returned.

So, this is my story for others to take note of. Don't let them tell you that they can only issue store credit- it is YOUR money, and CAN get it back.

2. and2ng

and2ng Examples, Stupid!

News Credits:
    Technically, the sales had been transacted. You got the item, it's yours. So the money paid for the item should belong to TRU....

By your logic, the keyboard you bought from TRU, in your possession still belongs in the property of TRU.

3. stepsongrapes

stepsongrapes Well-Known Member

That is TRU.com's black-and-white return policy: Toys"R"Us/Babies"R"Us : Help Desk

4. x BlackMagnus x

x BlackMagnus x Is not impressed

News Credits:
    You should change your username to JGWentworth bellpeppers.

[​IMG]

:p 

5. bellpeppers

News Credits:
    Then they ought not tell you that you CAN return it when you pick it up at the store then.

Well, maybe I was in the wrong- but I got my way. So let this tale caution others if they choose to buy it online; for if they want a proper refund:
    It has to be done by mail. Crappy policy.

Lesson to be learned: shop at Wal Mart.

Um- ohhh-kaaaayyyy...

6. x BlackMagnus x

News Credits:
    It's your money and you want it now. Pretty self explanitory.

7. bellpeppers

News Credits:
    Um- I returned an item. People do it in Target and Wal Mart all the time. Hardly a rare occurrance.

8. stepsongrapes

stepsongrapes Well-Known Member

Um, you can return it: for store credit. A refund in the original method of payment is something more specific than merely saying "return".

9. x BlackMagnus x

News Credits:
    Whoosh, nevermind dude.

10. Kuma Style

Kuma Style Toy Photography TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Well, at least this posting this thread helped you learn what the return policy for the store actually IS! So, that's a plus!

11. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    I try to stay away from TRU.com as much as possible (actually any of the major retailers online stores for toys). Only time I had an issue with them was when something went on sale 50% off the day after I purchased it. Hadn't arrived (may not have even shipped yet) and I asked for a price adjustment. Their response over and over "we don't price match other prices". Kept telling them it was their price, and got "we don't price match TRU physical stores". Told them again. IT IS YOUR ONLINE PRICE. "Yea, we still don't price match it".

Now I can understand them not giving the refund (just figured I would check with them anyway), but they just kept going in circles about price matching. I should have just re-ordered it and returned the full priced one.

12. bellpeppers

News Credits:
    For me, and for others who think they might get a refund by returning an item.

13. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    Honestly though, does it really even matter? I mean, this is Toys R Us we're talking about here...

(you know, a place where many of us are gonna spend a fuckton of money at anyways)

14. bellpeppers

News Credits:
    Wal Mart is / was the same way. They price-match local competition, but not their online.
    However, they do have their "pick up Today", which is when you order it online, pay the online price, and pick it up in the store.

Just like TRU.

And they actually give you a refund (unlike TRU) when you return it.

My mistake was assuming that since most places give you a refund, ALL places give a refund.

Just goes to show ya that doing homework into the policies before the purchase is always important. Never assume (lik I did).

Well, being pricier aside, just know their reurn policies.

15. jru42287

jru42287 Where are my testicles, Summer?

News Credits:
    Don't worry, I got it. And appreciate it. :thumbs2: 

16. igniz1984

igniz1984 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    877-CASH-NOW!:lol 

17. x BlackMagnus x

News Credits:
    2 people in a row?!? Thanks for having a sense of humor fellas.:) 

18. TENIME_art

TENIME_art Ethically Challenged

Ebay:
    That 300 pic had me crying! :lolol 

And AFAIK, stores don't match their online prices for two reasons:
    1. Shipping is going to negate the "savings" anyways, so it's usually the same price as in store, and-
    2. A lot of (not all) store websites aren't run by the same company that owns the store. Tower Records wasn't (also explains why the website is still up, but the stores are extinct). Heck, Hasbro isn't even a store, and their website is not owned by them.

Again, this is just to my knowledge, I'm not claiming fact (except with Tower, because I used to work for them), so don't anyone get all "NO! YOU'RE WRONG! YOU'RE STUPID!" on me.

Plus, like op said, if the "site to store" option is available, that solves that problem anyways.

19. rego0012

rego0012 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    you're only mistake was assuming tru was walmart.
    i guess you know better now.

20. Maetel

Maetel Well-Known Member

thanks to his avatar, i imagined john mcllane having this conversation wearing wife beater in a really loud and agitated manner while shoving the other receipts into a scared tru cashier's face