Catfight!! (Crasher vs. Arcee)

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by $5HotRod, Jan 26, 2007.

1. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

Said that she was "quick-witted", "merciless" and "invaluable"... no mention of her being "powerful" though.

In fact, as far as TF specs go, there's almost NOTHING on Arcee's actual abilities. No special powers, no weapons, no comparisons... nothing. I guess from that, we have to assume that she's a decent fighter, and a smart soldier... nothing more or less.

zmog

2. optimus_prime_rules_007

optimus_prime_rules_007 Banned

Actually Arcee has official tech specs on her Heroes of Cybertron card, I have them right here and I quote:

Strength 5
    Intelligence 7
    Speed 7
    Endurance 7
    Rank 6
    Courage 9
    Firepower 5
    Skill 7

Arcee is intelligent, quick-witted and cool under fire. Sweet, kind and loyal to her fellow Autobots, but merciless to Decepticon enemies. Attractive appearance leads Decepticons to dismiss her as a serious threat, but they painfully learn otherwise when they discover her deadly efficiency in battle. Very protective of her friends, including Earth-life companions, which can sometimes work to her disadvantage.

-Seems to me she's more than capable of dealing with some K-mart knock off LOL!

3. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:

Sigh, believe or not I remember one Gobots episode where an X-Ray scanner was put on guess who? Crasher and it showed a pink organic brain. I've searched the web for a picture of it, but had no luck. If the Gobots ever get on DVD, we'll then see that they were indeed cyborgs. BTW, I was at a relative's house that had the Gobots on at the time, I was never a fan. I liked Voltron in the pre-TF days though.

At least these guys have a clue:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/thegobots/message/1124

4. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Man, I wish I could remember more of the Gobots series...er...maybe I don't. But either way, that show pic of Crasher really evokes some deeply buried memories.

I'd have to give the win to Arcee, based upon what limited knowlege I have of Crasher. I think Arcee would fight more intelligently and could be more resourceful than Crasher.

5. butz

butz slippery when wet

Wasn't Crasher originally supposed to be a dude?

6. Phy

Phy I want... ROOM SERVICE!!

News Credits:
    I dunno, but the toy is pretty masculine in proportion. (It's got a blank robot face, just like most of the Gobots.)

7. Don_East

Don_East Wants TFA Seeker Toys

Wait, the GoBots were organic? And I thought those human-esque eyes were bad animation designs.

Anyway, Arcee Vs. Crasher? If this was a fight for who has the better laugh, I'd give it to Crasher. She has a psycho laugh from the cartoon. If this was years ago I might chose Arcee by default because Arcee is a Transformer while Crasher is from the cheap rip-off. But now I that I have seen some episodes of Challenge Of The GoBots I gave some thought and I still pick Arcee because she is the more likeable character(even if the Daniel thing is kind of creepy) and is easier on the eyes.

But I do give the GoBots cartoon points in general for doing a better "Heroes get framed by the Villains" plot better than "Megatron's Master Plan". Atleast Leader-1 had a plan to clear the Guardians' names instead leaving Earth altogether.

8. SMOG

Ah! Heroes of Cybertron gave her stats! I didn't know that. Thanks for the tip!

Looking at her stats, she seems pretty average. More courage than anything else. Skill, Strength and Firepower are all moderate to low. I don't know what Crasher would have... but I'd wager higher Strength and Endurance.

It all depends how you play it... I'd give it to Crasher myself, but I suppose Arcee could use her "superior intelligence" to lure Crasher to a ravine or something, and trip her up so she falls off the ledge. Again, this falls into the old "Kirk-vs-Gorn" scenario, rather than a straight up fight (where I think Crasher would batter Arcee into submission). It portrays guile as a way of overcoming a superior physical opponent... which rarely works in real life, but we're hardly dealing with "real life" here, so it's still plausible. :) 

As for the organic brains... I'd forgotten all about that. In a way, that makes GoBots much easier to accept as a concept, because it answers so many of the nagging questions we still have about how TF biology works, and why they are so "human". In the GoBots' case, it's because they -were- human. :) 

Unfortunately, the GoBots show still pretty much sucked.

As far as I know/recall, all the Gobots toys were presented as being asexual (or generically masculine). It was only the TV show who arbitrarily decided to start giving them genders. However, I always sort of liked the fact that female Gobots had female voices, but really looked no different than their male counterparts. Given that they're just brains suspended in a robot body, I suppose that's logical.

Anybody remember ROBOTIX? Yet another take on the whole sentient robots thing... a whole race of aliens poisoned by radiation, who have their "essences" (brainwaves, souls, whatever) stored in a master computer who can simply "transfer" their consciousnesses to mechanical Robotix bodies. It seems a bit lame to me now, but I love that show when I was a kid.

zmog

9. SMOG

And for the last time... GOBOTS ARE NOT CHEAP RIP-OFFS of Transformers!

Both lines debuted in 1984, and Gobots hit the market in North America even earlier as Robot Machine Men. I had CyKill, Tank and Loco before before Transformers came around... though they had different names.

Haven't you guys ever heard of parallel evolution? ;) 

zmog

10. Backstop

Backstop Have you seen my box art?

News Credits:
    Arcee as she has firepower what is Crasher going to do stomp her foot at Arcee?

11. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

Thank you SMOG

It's about time someone said that. I mean not liking Gobots is one thing. But no reason to call them rip-offs as they premiered in the same year at almost the same time in North America

And Backstop, Crasher can also fire energy bolts from her hands

12. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:

Not rip-offs of Transformers, just cheap. :wink:  BTW, I thought the Gobots had a jump on the Transformers, at least on TV by a few months. If was a good fight between the two lines at first, but then came the Rock Lords. . .

13. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I like the "Short fight: Crasher, Long fight: Arcee" answer, as it gives Arcee the chance to reason her way out. Maybe Arcee can keep cracking 'yo mama' jokes at Crasher untill she gets all pissed off and sloppy.

14. Seeker

Seeker Time Lord

Ebay:
    Arcee would punch Crasher in the mouth to silence that terrible laughter.

15. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    Wow, I'm always surprised by the strong anti-Gobot bias that's here, and the amount of people who weigh in after admitting they know nothing about one of the fighters.

I'll admit, Gobots have their problems. Without a larger scaling to fall back on, they had to use ingenuity and a lower pricepoint to make their sales. It's just too bad the cartoon usually blew. I had a fair amount of Gobots, and mixed them in with my TF's, mostly because I could get about 12 Gobots for the price of a mid-size TF, and Gobot variety was pretty cool.

Now, IMHO (Since that's all we have), a fair fight between Arcee and Crasher would be a very painful experience for Arcee. She may be many things, but a good one on one warrior against a psychotic killer isn't one of them. Again, on her own and without backup, I'm going to give this fight to Crashers larger arsonel and seemingly far greater combat experience.

Don't be fooled into thinking I give the Gobots a bias eiher. Frankly, I don't think either Gobot leader could last 1/8 of a second against the repsective TF leaders, that Turbo would be torn apart by Hot Rod, but in this fight, I think it's Crasher with a very definate and very real advantage.

16. optimus_prime_rules_007

optimus_prime_rules_007 Banned

Yes they are.

1. they were cheap

2. they were cheaply made

3. they transformed.

4. Transformers were first, Go-bots were Tonkas answer to them

5. that means they are cheap Knock-offs.

17. SMOG

Uh... give her both barrels of knuckle-blasts? Or did you forget that all GoBots can fire bolts of energy directly from their hands? Crasher's shockwave inducing foot stomp is just icing on the cake. It's like you're getting Rumble and Frenzy all in one package. :) 
    Yeah. This is probably the most reasonable answer, if you were being charitable to both characters.

zmog

18. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Crasher could crush Arcee with her GIANT ASS ADAMS-APPLE!

She's got bigger robo-balls than any other renegade, whereas Arcee's best offensive is to 80's trash talk her to death.

Also I firmly beleive Crasher is a man, or at the very least a lesbian.

I also hate Arcee.

Crasher would win.

They mabye were cheap, but they came out the same time as Transformers.

As sucky as go-bots were as a whole, some of them were kinda cool.

19. SMOG

Err... were you not paying attention to what others were saying? Or are you just going to keep stating it until it magically becomes true? :) 

1. cheap, as in not expensive? Yes. Their small size and low price made them easy to collect. Apparently in 1984, they were actually selling better than Transformers. However, because Tonka wasn't marketing well with their fiction and larger figures and playsets, they lost this early lead.

2. Not really. More sophisticated than TFs of the same size, and with more metal content. Each figure was a realistic version of the vehicle they change into, often with small, detailed touches to the transformations that comparable TF figures omitted. Some of this made the smaller Gobots more delicate, but my Super Gobot Defendor is holding up better than my G1 Prowl or Sunstreaker... and for the record, he was always a better articulated figure than either of these.

Also (bonus points!) Gobots almost ALWAYS had 2 legs, as opposed to one fused brick leg, like many TFs.

3. Correct. They did indeed. In fact they transformed for years before the Transformers label existed, when they were sold in Japan as Machine Robo. Or did you think that transforming robot toys started with Transformers?

4. They debuted the SAME YEAR. Gobots even came out first in some locations. You think Tonka can adapt an entire toy line and set up a marketing campaign within months of Transformers being released? It takes much longer than that. Neither line was a rip-off of the other.

5. That means your conclusion is faulty. But you were right about 2 things...they were inexpensive and they DID transform. 2 out of 5 isn't... bad... :) 

I agree that the line wasn't marketed well. They didn't have a good show or characters. The large figures and accessories were mostly lame (Zod, Thruster, Command Center, etc), but the main line figures and most of the Super Gobots were great!

In case you're not remembering your Gobots clearly enough, here's a link full of Goboty sweetness. :) 

http://www.toyarchive.com/Gobots/Regular/AZRobotGallery.html

zmog

20. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    From what I remember of Gobot fiction, it was a planet of Human-like beings who developed artificial limbs/organs/implants etc to extend their life when their nartural parts got old and failed. They got advanced enough to where they could replace everything but the brain.

And damn, I know this is a Transformers board and all, but the bias here is frightening. Crasher would stomp a mudhole in Arcee's chest in 2 seconds flat.

As for Gobot toys themselves: They're far from "cheaply made". Diecast, paint, and good sculpts abound. Tux was the man, for example. :D