Cat Mark Smell...What To Do?!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TFXProtector, Jul 16, 2012.

1. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    A neighbor came over to show us their rescue cat, and let it wander through our house! (By rescue, I mean they saved it from the side of the road. Not a shelter save. So...it's not fixed. Yeah...)

I wasn't home and I left my bedroom door open... Big mistake. I came home and I smelled an ammonia smell. Nothing overpowering, but enough to notice at various moments.

After awhile, I went to lay down and take a nap. I rolled over and on the display stand where my FP Neo-G1 and Power Rangers Samurai Gigazord collection rests...came this horrible smell! I got closer and found puddles of sticky, shiny goo on my Warbot Defender, various Zords on the Gigazord, some on my TRNS 01 Valkyrie, and who know what else!

What do I do? I've always been told that an item that's been marked is pretty much damaged and worthless. Is that true? Can I salvage these figures? Has their value permanently gone down?

I'm so angry, so confused....I don't know what to do!

2. Sinnertwin

Sinnertwin Banned

News Credits:
    Start by killing your neighbor in cold blood.

3. Acidophilus

Acidophilus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Have you talked with your neighbor about what happened? Are they even aware of the problem?

It sounds as they are at fault. You should discuss this with them, and find out what they think should be done. That would be the best way to start, I wouldn't recommened murder.

4. mrgalvaprime

mrgalvaprime #BanTJ

News Credits:
    The whirl avatar is creepishly appropriate for this comment

5. Starscream600

Starscream600 Certified Virtual Pilot

Turn that cat into a fried pu*sy. That's what I would do.

Then,

6. TFXProtector

News Credits:
    No one deserves to die over some toys. That's just craziness. Am I pissed? Oh hell yeah.

The neighbors do know about it, but they're not doing anything about it. It's not like I can call the police and make them do something about it.

I'm pretty much screwed, is all. =\ And one of my favorite figures... DOTM Leader Sentinel is the worst of the bunch. He reeks so bad I can't go near him. It's so pungent. And I don't have $45.00-60.00 to buy a replacement. Plus, the 3rd party figures are irreplaceable.

I tried Lysol. It actually made the smell WORSE. I thought it was an odor eliminator?? ...WTF am I gonna do?

7. Yaujta

Yaujta Broken. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    'Suggest' that your neighbor gets you a bottle of neutralizer. It's sold at Wal Mart, and is pretty effective at getting rid of the smell. Not cheap, but a lot less than it would be for them to replace your stuff.
    Scrubbing the pieces with warm soapy water with some of the neutralizer mixed in also helps.

8. Deceptikitty

Deceptikitty all about the hasubandos

Go buy some solution. Walmart sells something called Kids N Pets. It works really well and it's like 5 bucks for a pretty big bottle of it. If you're really desperate go to a pet store and buy like Nature's Miracle (awesome stuff, pricey but works. About 9 bucks for a bottle. It's often on sale at PetSmart and Petco though).

Other than that, DOTM Leader Sentinel is a terrible toy and if I visited your house I'd piss on it too.

9. TFXProtector

News Credits:
    Well, you can tell they're not exactly firing on all cylinders. So getting them to do anything is...impossible.

These solutions, will they damage the plastic(s)?

10. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

What exactly did they say when you told them what happened?

11. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    vinegar.

12. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Start by rinsing them off with some hot water ASAP. The longer they sit covered in piss the harder it will be to get off.

You should have done that as soon as you noticed. Don't sit around thinking about it, DO IT. Worry about de-stinking potions later.

13. GFH

GFH The G Squad

News Credits:
    Wait, your neighbors cat can get into your house on its own?

I would recommend making sure that stops. We don't let the neighbors cats get into our house. We have waist high plastic fences on the patio doors to keep them out. If the problem persists, and the cat continues to destroy your property and the owners won't do anything/aren't responsible enough to do anything about it, then I would call animal control or something. You don't need a near-stray cat wandering in your house ruining your stuff spreading disease.

As for the smell, I use vinegar mixed with a nice smelling dishsoap and oxy-pro gel (It's like OxyClean but it's not a powder and it's just a generic brand) to clean my rabbit's litter pan. Rabbit pee smells pretty awful, but the smell goes away.

14. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Giving up on the fiction.

News Credits:
    Wash it thoroughly with warm water and dish soap(don't submerge). I've had this happen a few times over the years, and that always got them clean.

15. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I too want to know what your neighbors said when you told them
    you can always sue them/aka take them to small claims court but you have to think about your relationship with your neighbors.
    Who let the cat in the house your wife or something??

16. Kevin XI

Kevin XI Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not even a "sorry" from them? Go over there and discreetly piss in their closet.
    No, just don't let them in anymore.

17. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Best idea yet.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2012
  18. Yaujta

Yaujta Broken. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    If they're ignorant about it all, then it's 'a bad smell for a bad smell' time:
    Go to any sporting goods store and pick up some fox musk. It has a half decent spray distance for a small can. Maybe some of it could end up in their car vents below the windshield. You know, by accident.

19. Moonscream

Moonscream YES, We EXIST!

News Credits:
    You can take the neighbors to small claims court, but otherwise don't ever let them bring an animal into your house again. That was pretty inconsiderate of them, with regards to both you AND their new cat. Cats aren't dogs and depositing them in a strange environment against their will stresses them out. And go get Nature's Miracle or whatever else you decide on - it's always handy to keep around anyway, and inconsiderate neighbors are unreliable with regards to helping clean up their inconsiderateness.

--Moony

20. TFXProtector

News Credits:
    I have family living with me. The neighbors came to visit my family members and decided to show off their new cat. They let get down and run around. That's how it got in.

The neighbors are in their late '50s/early '60s. They're not quite playing with a full deck, if you know what I mean.

I bought Simple Solution. It's eating right through the smell. Not bad for $5.50. Hopefully it's really working instead of masking.

The neighbors have no money. None. Small claims court will only end up costing me money. =\