Casualty list from 1986 TF Movie

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Cornholiocon, Jun 21, 2010.

1. Cornholiocon

Cornholiocon Up the irons!

Do any of you know where I can find a list that summarizes which G1 characters were killed off in the '86 TF movie? I've looked around and couldn't find one and other than looking up each character individually on TF wiki or a similar site, I can't figure out where to get this info.
    Thanks!

2. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    On-screen:

- Brawn
    - Prowl
    - Ratchet
    - Ironhide
    - Wheeljack
    - Windcharger
    - Optimus Prime
    - Starscream

Reformatted:

- Megatron (Galvatron)
    - Skywarp (Cyclonus/Armada)
    - Thundercracker (Scourge/Sweep)
    - Kickback (Sweep)
    - Bombshell (Cyclonus/Armada)
    - Shrapnel (Sweep)

Storyboards:

- Red Alert
    - Shockwave

Referenced later as being dead:

- Huffer

Bots MIA:

- Skids
    - Hoist
    - Grapple
    - Trailbreaker
    - Gears
    - Smokescreen
    - Inferno
    - Beachcomber
    - Seaspray
    - Sunstreaker
    - Hound
    - Bluestreak
    - Sideswipe

The truth of the matter for the "MIA" bots is that the movie started production around the same time that the latter part of Season 2 started production. That meant they had animation models and character sheets for the first half of Season 2 Autobots (Perceptor, Blaster) but not the second half where the MIA characters are shown (save some lesser loved G1 bots). Same for the Decepticons, as to why only Season 1 Decepticons are shown in the movie alongside movie Decepticons (with the early Season 2 other Decepticon seekers shown).

Now, keep in mind that we're led to believe the only survivors of Autobot city are Ultra Magnus, Kup, Hot Rod, Arcee, Blurr, Springer, Blaster, and the Dinobots. We never see any other Autobots leave for the shuttles.

In the movie, we did see Bluestreak (with Kup and Huffer doing construction on a pass), as well as Hound and Sunstreaker (arrive with Optimus Prime). They are not seen again, and we know Huffer died, so we can assume that Bluestreak, Sunstreaker, and Hound were destroyed as well.

Grapple's leg is shown in the firefight, and is not seen again, so we can assume that he died as well.

We never see Reflector again after the attack on Autobot City ... he's not on Astrotrain, but he is shown at Starscream's coronation, but again, never seen from again. We can assume he died (I don't consider Five Faces of Darkness animation errors as proof that he, or the Constructicon colored Shockwave survived). Granted, we also see Insecticons later in the movie as well as in Five Faces of Darkness, so there is belief that only "clones" were killed, and the originals survived ... or vica verca.

3. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's not as big as list as you might think, really.

Died in the film:
    Optimus Prime
    Brawn
    Prowl
    Ironhide
    Ratchet
    Starscream

Huffer didn't die on screen, but was later name-checked among the deceased in "Dark Awakening".

It's possible that the Decepticons besides Megatron who got rebuilt by Unicron died in between being thrown out of Astrotrain and being reformatted - Cyclonus's original bio, for instance, noted he was built from "dead Decepticons". But that's totally arguable. Anyway, those characters were Skywarp, Thundercracker and the Insecticons.

Wheeljack and Windcharger both appear to be deceased, but they don't turn grey like all the other characters that die, so there's room to fanwank. Binaltech fiction would later take it as read that Wheeljack died.

Some jets that appear to be Thrust, Dirge and Ramjet can all be seen flying into Unicron's mouth and apparently being destroyed. But they all turned up fine in the third season. Similarly, a robot who looks like Beachcomber can be seen on the acid vat conveyor ahead of Spike and co, but Beachy turned up okay in season 3 as well, so it probably wasn't him.

Deaths for Red Alert, Trailbreaker, Shockwave and maybe Mirage were all written into the movie script and/or storyboards, but cut during production. And of course, there's plenty of characters who never appear again after the movie, too.

*taps noggin* I think that's everyone offhand.

EDIT: KICKBACK'D!

4. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

*waits for STO_VO_KOR to post...*

5. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

On Screen: Optimus Prime, Starscream, Prowl, Ironhide, Ratchet, Brawn, Wheeljack, Windcharger, Kranix, Arblus, Sharkticons.

Off Screen: Huffer (Daniel read his name in the Autobot Mausoleum as per Dark Awakening. Huffer was last seen below Lookout Mountain along with Kup, Bluestreak, and Hound. Likely killed outside Autobot city.)

Animation goof or not? Beachcomber
    http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Image:TFTM-MaybeBeachcomber.jpg

Decepticons got recycled except screamer. Coneheads got chomped but turned out ok in season 3.

6. Cornholiocon

Cornholiocon Up the irons!

Wow.
    Thanks for all the info, guys. Will definitely need to review this a few times!

7. ChrisW

ChrisW Well-Known Member

Technically, Windcharger and Wheeljack died offscreen (assuming they actually died). Both retain their color as Arcee drags Windcharger over beside Wheeljack, so they're not actually dead when we see them on-screen. Devastator obliterates the room they're in a few minutes later, so it's pretty safe to assume they did in fact die.

Only Prowl, Prime, and Starscream actually die on-screen. They're the only ones I can think of right now who we actually see losing their color. If you consider what Unicron did to the Decepticons murder, then we see Skywarp, Thundercracker, and the Insecticons die on-screen as well.

8. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Here we go again...

9. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Only correction I can find is from the second post, Beachcomber did show up again in FFOD, in season 3.

10. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    As Megatron strides past their bodies, just before Ironhide grabs his leg, you can see Ratchet's forearm, and his normally red fist is now grey.

11. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

The IDW comic adaption had Beachcomber lying beside Wheeljack and Windcharger.

Unicron technically died as well.

12. Gaastra

Gaastra Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hubcap is seen in the same scenes with beachcomber but turns up alive in rebirth part 3.

The trailer had some nameless seekers blown away by autobot city but i'm not sure that counts.

What about gears? He was on moonbase 1. Did he go to earth with prime? We didn't see him with jazz and the others. Did he show up again after the movie?

13. Protoman

Protoman The Legendary One Veteran

News Credits:
    I was going to post something but ehh...... let the snowball keep rolling.

14. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

Any possibility some of these characters just simply "retired" from the war and went else where unknown?

15. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    Can we really say that Starscream actually died, what with him being immortal and all?

16. exclusacon

exclusacon Expert with the Scopes!

News Credits:
    Unicron...

17. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

Yeah I get to do this again....

Debatable, there is no 100% proof positive evidence from within the narrative that this character died.
    Confirmed
    Debatable, there is no 100% proof positive evidence from within the narrative that these characters died.
    Confirmed
    Debatable....when you consider it may have been 2 of the many seeker clones.

Ratchet is also seen losing color

I wouldnt agree.

His head was easily reactivated.

Debatable, it could have been Insecticon clones.
    Confirmed.

And you forgot to mention the Cone Head Seekers.

Ramjet,Thrust and Dirge were all seen being killed in the battle with Unicron....althou they all returned in season 3.

There you go.

18. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    seriously you're like a stuck record

19. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

I am????But everyone else tooting the same toon isint???

How is my approach to the issue any different then those hwho argue that they died???

20. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    Any G1 topic instantly turns into the Sto vo kor thread, and everyone just ends up having the exact same discussion/arguement. We get it, for you Wheeljack and others didn't die.