Castlevania:Portrait of Ruin question?

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by gil, Feb 14, 2007.

1. gil

gil Godmaster

How the hell do I get past that train in the 13th street portrait? It keeps pushing me back. Gamefaqs is dropping the ball on this game.

Anyway, After taking a break on this game because the sisters were kicking my ass(I beat Final Fantasy 4 and 12 in the meantime) I finally beat them. And to my surprise, the game ended. I read about the santuary spell, but since I didn't have it, I didn't think it was important. If it wasn't for the internet telling me "that's the shitty ending, there's other endings" I would have thought i beat the game and would be disappointed. But I got through that, now what do I do about that fucking train.

2. QuantumShock

QuantumShock Stay for brunch ?

News Credits:
    To get the santuary spell, go back to the Sandy Grave (second potrait), go to the part where there's a large rolling stone keep falling down, you will see there's a narrow lane. Use Frog morph spell to go through it to get the santuary spell.

Santuary spell takes long time to load, so use Jonathan's stone wall sub weapon to attract the sisters' attention while charlotte casting it.

And about the train....just press your directional button as hard as you can.

3. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    And make sure -both of you- are pushing the train.

4. Chrono Grimlock

Chrono Grimlock Perfect By Nature

News Credits:
    Ja, just summon Charlotte as soon as the train hits you so she'll appear in the pushing position right away. volia.

5. Savanna

Savanna Want to Touch my Wankel?

The Train is pretty much a Timing game and nothing more.

6. funkatron101

funkatron101 TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Another hint, if you didn't know already. Better to be safe than sorry, don't sell anything that you just have one of. I made that mistake.

7. gil

gil Godmaster

I could swear I pushed the train with both characters before I asked this question. I think I screwed up while summoning Charlotte. She wasn't pushing, or starts pushing to late. But after the 4th try I got it right. Thanks for the help guys. Hopefully I can beat this game before I get Final Fantasy 6 (and 9 and 12 too)

Yeah, Gamefaqs had that part up. I just don't use Gamefaqs until I get stuck like the train (and since they failed me there, I knew I could count on the TFW2005 crew). The girls were kicking my ass, so I read Gamefaqs to find a strategy. They mentioned the Santuary spell. I just thought the Santuary spell HELPED to beat them, so I just didn't bother with the spell and beat them with my Axe after a dozen tries. Well since I got an ending, I knew I did something wrong. I went and got the spell and used it on the girls and just like that the battle ends, no stress, and the adventure continues. I beat three of the portraits afterwards, and now I just got passed that train, so Thanks.

8. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

the girls kicked my ass 3x...thats the reason i stopped playing...i might go play it again when i have nothing else to play.

9. QuantumShock

News Credits:
    Among the bosses I fought, I find The Creature is the hardest, with rocket launcher and machine gun in his arms, I have depleted my potions to the max. :S

10. gil

gil Godmaster

I beat the game. But I'm not sure what ending I got. DoS had three endings, and I got them all. For PoR, I got two different endings. One when you beat up the girls, and one when you beat Death/Drac. Did I get the good ending or is there a better one?

11. angeltread

angeltread TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    no, that's the only 'good' ending for the regular game. there are the other modes, though. sisters mode is great. i'm currently doing the regular game on hard mode lv. 1. it's kicking my ass.

12. gil

gil Godmaster

I'm playing it with Rictor. I like his long whip. But I'll probably not continue like Julius mode in DoS. I beat DoS using nothing but the big swords, and Julius with a whip was throwing me off. But I got used to the whip with Jonathan. Maybe I'll go and try Julius mode again. Rictor Mode is fealing to much like Jonathan mode. I gotta try the Sisters in PoR.

What I'm actually trying to do is get 888% or something like that to get to the Nest of Evil Portrait. I'm at 860% and according to my map, I've been everywhere. So I'm trying to find all the secret rooms with the Gamefaqs maps. Hopefully it'll get me to 888%.

One more question. DoS and PoR are the only Castlevania games I've played. I enjoyed them. I'm thinking of finding the Harmony of Dissonance/Aria of Sorrow double pack. How does these games compare to the DS games? Do you think these are good games even if I've played the "Next Generation" of the series? And where the hell can I find this double pack? Hmmm....Sorry that was three questions.

13. angeltread

angeltread TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    i would certainly recommend the GBA castlevania games if you're into it... they're all practically the same playwise with the exception of how you acquire spells and subweapons (acquiring souls, etc.).

i have to say, though, that POR is my favorite of the 5 GBA/DS games. it's the sisters.

14. gil

gil Godmaster

Cool, I'll definatly try and find that game bundle.

BTW, out of the two, I like DoS better. Probably because I borrowed it from my brother and didn't expect to like it. And the fact it's the first Castlevania game I actually played. Oh, and I like the Final Sword over the Vampire Killer.

15. Sokar

Sokar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I agree totally. The nest section with two of them was a pain in the ass to try and get through. Oddly enough there is a glitch that allows the door to open without killing either of them. I can't remember how it went exactly, but if you were hit a couple of times it seemed to open

16. QuantumShock

News Credits:
    Gil : try go hunt Peeping Eye, which will drop Eye Of Decay that lets you detect hidden walls that can be smashed through to earn the 888%.

Sokar : Oh no not that !! I wasted more than 6 meteor strike
    on them !! :S

17. Savanna

I always use the Greatest 5, and liked to use Acidid Bubbles on the 2 Creatures.

18. gil

gil Godmaster

I was actually missing a chuck of the sandy grave portrait, and when I went there, I got my 888%. Now I'm up to 990%. I'll go hunt for the Peeping Eye now so hopefully I can finish the 10% I'm missing.

I went and unlocked the the Old Axe Armor Mode too. It's alright. And about Sister's mode, I suck at it because I'm left handed. I want to poke the screen with my left hand, but it's to busy pressing the D pad and my right hand dosn't have that precission I want.

19. CheetahDC

CheetahDC Well-Known Member

After many hours of hunting down the damn bird, I finally finished the King of the Birds quest. Did this one annoy the hell out of anyone else as well?

20. Savanna

I found it easy. Got both of his drops only 3 kills.